Dynadot

Register.com Support

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Thanks, man.

I tried Register.com back in 2012. After I registered a domain with them they started calling multiple times a week trying to upsale me other services I didn't need.

And if you decide to transfer away from Register.com be prepared for this email when you request the authorization code for transfer out.

"Your request has been processed and at this time it has been declined due to recent suspicious activity in your account.

Register.com is committed to providing the most secure and reliable domain services for our customers.
We have implemented specific security measures to help prevent unauthorized transfer of domains to another registrar.
The type of suspicious activity that could have caused your request to be declined includes:
- Multiple failed attempts to login to customer's account
- Recent changes to the account holder's name, email address, or login ID
- Attempts to access the account over the phone without authorization
- Recent changes to the accounts password
- Domain name lock not removed
- Recent changes to billing or credit card information

To receive your auth code, please call one of our customer service consultants at 1.888.734.4783. They will confirm you to the account and then fulfill your request."

That is the email I received from Register.com when trying to transfer out a domain even though none of the above things listed had happened. Had to call their support and wait on hold so that I could verify who I was and why I wanted to transfer away from them before I could get the auth code.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back