Another Sedo sale.
paris.pro
SOLD for $2,888 last year

Sold on Afternic: This year.

Movie.pro 22k
Video.pro 35k
Stream.pro 11k
Streaming.pro 18k

What do you think that .pro name trend now?

Visa.pro Sold at Sedo now!
got 4 sedo offers and on Sedo auction now for low price!!! [/B] -->Has been sold at sedo auction for $1,269 last year and winner didn't send payment.

Still for sale now and hope it can sell for much high price now!!!

Show your .pro names here!

Thanks for your help!

Bill

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Bill,

Which name did you get an offer on?

•••
Domain123 said:
Just got sedo offer today.
sedo will charge $150 fee for .pro name.

Do you mean minimum $150 because its a .pro?? I thought they charged $50 minimum per sale. Did they say why? :'(

Last edited:
•••
Another.pro sale on sedo today - Music.pro for $ 2,975 :)

•••
gazzip said:
Another.pro sale on sedo today - Music.pro for $ 2,975 :) .
Great sale! And a sensible fit for .pro.

•••
gazzip said:
Another.pro sale on sedo today - Music.pro for $ 2,975 :)

Another nice .pro sale. It definitely has a nice ring to it...

•••
I picked up creditscore.pro and taxrefund.pro a few months back, figuring although they're not single premium keywords they're popular areas that fit .pro well, time will tell.

•••
Lasher said:
I picked up creditscore.pro and taxrefund.pro a few months back, figuring although they're not single premium keywords they're popular areas that fit .pro well, time will tell.

creditscore.pro sounds like the great place to go to fix up some peskey late payment or bankruptcy problems - I think it's a great name

•••
Anybody want to buy spyware.pro? I emailed a bunch of end users, but scared em with too high of a price. (I was trying to set a .pro record) heh

•••
my two cents

It's hard to assess the value of .pro domains with so few sales on the books. Looking at comps with other extensions seems to be what people do. When I search sedo for "spyware" here's the list:
spyware.pro $1500
spyware.org.in 200 EUR
spyware.tw 199 EUR
spywareconsultants.com 1000 EUR
spy-ware.biz 1500 EUR

I think spyware.tw is the one that is priced wrong, relative to the others. That is to say I think yours is not too expensive. Nobody looking at this list is gonna shell out 1500 euros for spy-ware.biz when asking price for spyware.pro is $1500 right?

I would advise patience. I'm reminded of something Rick Schwartz said on domainmasters podcast about sugar.com. He went to sell it to sugar industry folks and could not. So he realized the main players were not ready, and he held on to the (obviously good) name.

If the anti-spyware vendors are not ready now, hold and make 'em pay 5x next year. For some reason the internet security companies don't own any of the big spyware. (com|net|org) domains. If norton buys spyware.com tomorrow, the others will buy similar properties shortly thereafter. They're still sleeping at the wheel, like big sugar.

•••
Which is the cheapest registrar through which I can buy .PRO domain? Can anyone please help me?

Thanks in advance,

AbdulBasit Makrani

•••
abdulbasit said:
Which is the cheapest registrar through which I can buy .PRO domain? Can anyone please help me?

Thanks in advance,

AbdulBasit Makrani
Probably encirca.com, assuming that you need their credentials for the purpose of holding .pro names (which are restricted in theory)

•••
Thanks for the website as it seems to be very expensive!! :hehe:

•••
Wow some of these pro names are pretty awesome.. health.pro, loans.pro, games.pro, traffic... great names. im sure you will make back what you've put in, from the sounds of things on the prices drop on reg - the prices for the premium ones you guys/gals hold with rise a great deal, no doubt.

good luck with all these - where is a good place to reg pro's?

•••
Which name has higher value?

beijing.pro vs chinese.pro ?

Thanks for your help!

Bill

•••
bocanames said:
Nobody looking at this list is gonna shell out 1500 euros for spy-ware.biz when asking price for spyware.pro is $1500 right?

Thats the thing, when I saw who was asking for a price (High profile spyware company) I got greedy and said 15k. Never heard from them again.

Such a rookie mistake!!!

•••
Ben42 said:
Thats the thing, when I saw who was asking for a price (High profile spyware company) I got greedy and said 15k. Never heard from them again.

I have to admit I just don't get it. If I was in charge of Symantec I'd be hot for this name; there's only one spyware.pro, although I would try to negotiate. If they get it and use it, competitors need to spend increasing amounts of money on branding and SEO every month, every year. You have to brand against the spyware pro from that point on.

For a large company in a competitive space at least $xxxx to ratchet up the cost of keeping up (to your competitors) sounds like a good investment. If they were smart they would have made you an offer... Then again one objective look at the products in that space is enough to know these guys are really not half as smart as folks give 'em credit for. It's big sugar all over again; probably the guys who tried to sell them spyware.com ran into the same lack of foresight.

There's a lesson to learn here: if the industry players don't even own [generic-industry-name].com then the industry is asleep at the wheel and great domains related to them are longer-term investments. Even computer technology businesses are not neccessarily any more tuned in than any other.

Last edited:
•••
Hi all,

Do you have more .pro names to share here?
It's uptrend now..

Thanks and have a nice day!

Bill

•••
How much are you guys paying to register these names?

•••
Domain123 said:
Hi all,

Do you have more .pro names to share here?
It's uptrend now..

Thanks and have a nice day!

Bill
Added a few more to my signature, mostly domains I use or will use for my firm.

•••
fundraising.pro - hmmm :hehe:

•••
Hi gou,

It's $99 reg fee so far. Hi Fundraiser, thanks again for show your good .pro names here.

More good names?

Have a nice day!

Bill

•••
Just as a little comment - I have never typed a .PRO domain into my browser.

•••
Jiblob said:
Just as a little comment - I have never typed a .PRO domain into my browser.
Well then you are pretty much like everyone else. :)
Search engines however like them just fine and the Pro label helps with credibility and clicks. :$:

•••
Yep, they work just fine. I have a host that is providing fine hosting for my .pro name (Polurnet).

•••
Just set low bin price for Chinese.pro --$1000
You may double your investment in the near future.

Thanks all .PRO name fans.

Good Luck!

Bill

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back