Another Sedo sale.
paris.pro
SOLD for $2,888 last year

Sold on Afternic: This year.

Movie.pro 22k
Video.pro 35k
Stream.pro 11k
Streaming.pro 18k

What do you think that .pro name trend now?

Visa.pro Sold at Sedo now!
got 4 sedo offers and on Sedo auction now for low price!!! [/B] -->Has been sold at sedo auction for $1,269 last year and winner didn't send payment.

Still for sale now and hope it can sell for much high price now!!!

Show your .pro names here!

Thanks for your help!

Bill

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hi Bill,

I just noticed that sale too! I hope that this trend continues. I've noticed many of the names I considered registering over the last few months have already been taken so demand (or speculation) seems to have been increasing.

I really like chinese.pro...hold onto that one!

Right now I've got the names below...

•••
Domain123 said:
Another Sedo sale.
paris.pro
SOLD for $2,888

What do you think that .pro name trend now?

Just hold two .pro names:

Visa.pro
Chinese.pro

Show your .pro names here!

Thanks for your help!

Bill

Looks good :D I might just get Heineken.pro :D Thanks!

•••
Thanks all for your help!

Any more comments?

Have a nice weekend!

Bill

•••
Hmm, I don't think .PRO would be hot soon. There have .INFO, .BIZ before .PRO, so still long time to go

•••
Those two .pro names are good.

IMO .pro sounds better than .biz.

•••
I think all of the 'new' TLDs are gaining recognition by the general internet public. More people are becoming familiar and comfortable using domains other than .com. They still have a way to go, however, before they approach the value of .com.

•••
PRO is very powerful as painperdu said it depends on the awareness of the TLD
If they loose their rules as i heard it will start climbing
Info boost was based on the good marketing efforts and the low price

•••
Domain123 said:
Another Sedo sale.
paris.pro
SOLD for $2,888

That was vincent the taxi driver, a fellow namepros user.. i'm glad to hear he's starting to get some good money... he owns a lot of really nice premium .pro.
The only bad thing of .pros is the 99$ yearly fee, wich is quite a punch in stomach if you own a large set.
I agree that .pro (professionals) still sounds much better then .biz. :)

•••
I really like .pro very much.
I have beauty.pro, blackjack.pro, skin.pro, forum.pro, slim.pro, emarketing.pro, e(-)commerce.pro, talk.pro, betting.pro, wellness.pro, workathome.pro, flash.pro, stock(s).pro, traffic.pro, store.pro, videopoker.pro, trade.pro, baccarat.pro and some others.

•••
yesonline said:
I have beauty.pro, blackjack.pro, skin.pro, forum.pro, slim.pro, emarketing.pro, e(-)commerce.pro, talk.pro, betting.pro, wellness.pro, workathome.pro, flash.pro, stock(s).pro, traffic.pro, store.pro, videopoker.pro, trade.pro, baccarat.pro and some others.
Nice pro portfolio. :tu:

•••
ppx said:
IMO .pro sounds better than .biz.
Definitely agree with this.
But .pro is not well known outside domaining circles.
No doubts .pro is strong but it still carries the image of another world.

If dot-com was the Earth I would say .biz is the Moon and .pro is Mars :alien:
It is still too expensive for large-scale speculation IMO. Things may change with the new contract and if the rules are relaxed. In the meantime, I would advise to grab a few but be prepared to actually use them and make them work for you.

•••
Regged one - I figured that this one is a hot topic and will grow in interest.

Privacy.pro

•••
sdsinc said:
Definitely agree with this.
But .pro is not well known outside domaining circles.
No doubts .pro is strong but it still carries the image of another world.

If dot-com was the Earth I would say .biz is the Moon and .pro is Mars :alien:
It is still too expensive for large-scale speculation IMO. Things may change with the new contract and if the rules are relaxed. In the meantime, I would advise to grab a few but be prepared to actually use them and make them work for you.

I have to disagree.
If .com is the Earth and .biz is the Moon, then .pro is Pluto.
1 good sale doesn't mean the extension gonna be hot so soon.
I believed the buyer have got some plans for the domain. :)

•••
yesonline said:

Nice collection of names. Blackjack.pro and Baccarat.pro were names I wanted to register but you already had them!

•••
All this talk about the planets inspired me to register astrology.pro :hehe:

•••
mjs: Probably you meant to get astronomy.pro (not avail) but there's still hope. You can still reg planet.pro :)

Or maybe you wanna concentrate on your niche and grab fortuneteller.pro (psychic.pro is gone too)

yesonline said:

I hope you've got the bucks to renew most of these next year. I'm betting.pro if you hang onto some of those beauties like beauty.pro and you're gonna be more than a workathome.pro you will be oneasy street. How can anyone on this forum not drool over "traffic.pro".... am I right?

•••
Stock(s).pro would be a great name for a stockbroker. There is a company out there with the domain MyTradz.com (pretty ugly IMHO).

•••
Ben42 said:
Stock(s).pro would be a great name for a stockbroker.

Thanks. Which one is better for .pro? Stocks or Stock?

•••
Visa.pro
Chinese.pro
those domains are great. try selling it. if you want to have $$$..

•••
Hi All,

Thanks all for sharing your great comments and nice .pro domain names. Hope can see more good .pro names that you own.
I may sell one .pro name here if the price is right for me. (PM)
Good luck to all .pro name fans.

Have a nice day!

Bill

•••
Domain123 said:
Hi All,

Thanks all for sharing your great comments and nice .pro domain names. Hope can see more good .pro names that you own.

Bill
I put a few in my signature.

•••
How?

How are you getting .pros when the following restrictions are in place?

4. Who can register a .Pro domain name?
At this time, only members of the medical, legal, accounting and engineering professions, licensed in the United States, Canada, Germany and the United Kingdom, are eligible to register .Pro domains. It is the responsibility of the registrant to provide truthful and accurate information about their professional status when registering a .Pro domain name.

The .Pro professional eligibility requirements are intended to restrict domain name registrations to persons and organizations that are licensed or otherwise credentialed by the appropriate government agencies or organizations to provide professional services to the public in the legal, medical, accounting and engineering fields.

•••
homebuyer said:
How are you getting .pros when the following restrictions are in place?

4. Who can register a .Pro domain name?
At this time, only members of the medical, legal, accounting and engineering professions, licensed in the United States, Canada, Germany and the United Kingdom, are eligible to register .Pro domains. It is the responsibility of the registrant to provide truthful and accurate information about their professional status when registering a .Pro domain name.

The .Pro professional eligibility requirements are intended to restrict domain name registrations to persons and organizations that are licensed or otherwise credentialed by the appropriate government agencies or organizations to provide professional services to the public in the legal, medical, accounting and engineering fields.
Here is the story:

Dot Pro Original Intent
Registration of dot pro was and is still technically reserved for certified professionals in medicine, law, accounting and engineering with new pro categories planned in the future. These were to be third-level registartions - something.med.pro, something.law.pro, something.cpa.pro etc. In August 2004 the registry began to allow second level registrations by two methods. First, a person who qualified for and obtained a third-level domain could register a second-level domain that could only forward to another domain, presumably the third-level registration of the registrant. If a person qualified for and registered two third-level domains in separate professions (one med and one CPA for example) they could register a second-level domain and have it resolve directly. A business employing two certified professionals in separate areas who each registered a third-level domain could also qualify to register resolving second-level domains through the credentials of its employees.

The Loophole
The registry agreement currently does not delve into use of the domains by the registrant who in this case is Encirca. Encirca uses the qualifications of an in-house CPA and in-house lawyer (or other qualified professional) to obtain the second level domains that are then subleased through their ProForward service. The names are currently being leased from Encirca by the person named as the administrative contact in the whois record under contract from the registrant of the domain, Encirca. Renewals for these domains are $99.

A registration can be challenged based on a belief that the person registering the name is not qualified as a listed professional. If someone challenges the registrant as not being qualified, they would actually be challenging Encirca, not you. As Encirca has verified licensed registrants in two of the approved third-level professions, the challenge would fail.

I have several dot pro domains, mostly for the use of my business, which were converted from Encirca's Pro Forwarding service into second level resolving domains. I did not need to convert them but decided early on to not risk having ICANN challenge Encirca's loophole and end up losing them. After a year and a half now, it would seem that nothing will be done to close the loophole and as a result some exceptional keywords in a gtld are in the hands of domainers and developers who would not otherwise be able to use them

When the dot pro registry contract is up for renewal, it is possible that the restrictions on second level domain registration will be lifted as it does not seem possible for a registry operator to turn a profit under current operations. If the restrictions are relaxed, more registrars would likely offer the domains which might then lower the cost as well. Most of the cost of registration is for verification of credentials which does not seem to come into play on second level domains as they must be paired with verified third-level domains.

•••
Just got sedo offer today.
sedo will charge $150 fee for .pro name.
Still waiting for more offers.

Thanks for looking!

Bill

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back