Dynadot

Namesilo and Dynadot review

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Cat3240234

Established Member
Impact
I did a bunch of searching for domains first using a direct linux whois. Then I searched on registrars to see their prices on both dynadot and namesilo. I searched a bunch of domains before settling on a few. One as the main for my website as a few as a backup just in case.

I noticed after days went by that none of the choices I looked at and decided not to are bought. Which means that dynadot and namesilo don't go around and do domain tasting when things are put into their search engine. I personally like Dynadot's name search better than Namesilo but Namesilo has better prices. Namesilo has cheaper domains and free domain privacy.

Dynadot's search has all kinds of useful domain suggestions. I found some ideas that I didn't want myself but I mentioned it to friends.

So searching for domain's in Namesilo and Dynadot's search for my experience is safe and they won't buy the domains if you decide maybe you don't want them.

I haven't ordered anything on Dynadot so far. They do have more top level domains than Namesilo so I may get some but I'm undecided what to get. So for now my review on them is just the experience of their domain search engine. Dynadot's search engine is very good (it instantly shows the pricies of premium domains unlike the Namesilo search), does not domain taste, and offers great suggestions.

Namesilo positives:
* They have 24/7 support (I only tried email) and answer quickly all the time. I haven't tried Holidays.
* They have a good signup form where it's very clear I can get whois privacy on a domain before signing up. Its form is very clear and easy.
* Their interface on their website is more or less clear. Not perfect but decent.
* It's easy to switch privacy on or off at a click of a button and it's free. Generally if I'm using a domain for a website I want privacy on so if someone disagrees with my opinions on the site I want that private. But if I'm selling a domain, I'd want my real info there except with an email that can tank for receiving lots of spam with the email out there publicly.

On a side-note...

Though personally I think the value of a lot of domains people were holding to resell must have taken a big de-value after ICANN added about 200 top level domains in the last few years, with extensions more interesting than the boring old com net and org.

I also notice there's a bunch of brand domains using common words like caravan, seek, and mini that should be open to the public.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I can't edit my post and I forgot to mention, there was a thread here that said after your domain expires on Namecheap that the privacy protection goes off and there's no way to buy it to cover during the expiration period. Namesilo's support at least claims that the privacy stays on.

By the time I get to test it I'll probably have forgotten my login for this forum or even what this forum is.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back