Dynadot

Namesilo deactivated my account

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

maya-zir

Top Member
Impact
Namesilo deactivated my account with all my domains. The problem is I never receive their emails and they knew about this issue since 2019 but they never tried to fix it.

26.05.2023 I paid Namesilo for 3 domain name transfer from another registrar, but they never were able to send me an email to continue the transfer, and live chat support denied helping me.

I don't get emails from them, so, I opened a PayPal dispute (one week later) where I clearly stated the reason for the dispute hoping Namesilo will read and solve the problem, but they just refunded me 3 minutes after the dispute was created. They even didn't try to solve the problem or respond in PayPal chat.

Please note the dispute resulted in your NameSilo account being locked which will be removed once the dispute is closed.

They deserved the dispute, but even with a dispute they could just respond to me via PayPal chat and offered to help with the transfer. But they preferred to refund and then in revenge deactivate my account with all my 70+ domains.

Now they deactivated my account with all my domains and want me to "cancel the dispute" which was already closed after they choose to refund instead to respond my complaint and try to solve the issue.

I don't understand what they want from me now - tell PayPal I am a scammer who opened a dispute for fun? What a shame of the registrar!

I am (was) their client since 2015.

PS: Finally, they told, "Your case has been assigned to our Accounts Team, they will check this case and the details provided". I have no idea what they are going to investigate, but my account is deactivated right now and I have no access to my domains and even have no idea if I still have them....

I remind the dispute was not related to a new registration.
I paid for 3 domains I had on GoDaddy and wanted to transfer them to Namesilo.
But Namesilo was unable to add them to my account.
I paid for the service I never got.
Namesilo could respond to me on PayPal and offer to help, in this case the dispute would be closed.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
@maya-zir I have the same issue going on. They deactivated a domain. No notice or explanation was provided. Did you ever get this resolved?
Luckily no, they just blocked my account.
But I have only 85 domains and I try to check them at least once a month.

Last edited:
•••
If it makes you feel better , a worse thing happened to me with GoDaddy.

All of a sudden I got an email from them regarding a security alert for my account.
They immediately blocked my account and asked me to submit by email my :

ID with photo
Email
Username
Security PIN

After I sent everything to them , I got another email where they told me my account is permanently blocked without explaining ANYTHING.
I sent several email after that , never had an answer.
Contacted their chat support, never got any help.
A month later I found out that 1 day after they blocked my account..they refunded me with the amount I paid for the domains I had in there , and almost all of them were registered again by someone else the same day.
Fortunately I had like 7 domains.

Never got an email or an explanation ever again.
My email is currently still on their blacklist.
Never found out what happened.
Try to contact ICANN

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back