Domain Empire

Is it worth offering expired names for sale

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Kuffy

Name StagTop Member
Impact
Just a thought - I get 30 days to renew the name, and then it can be transferred. I haven't got any at the moment, but I let a few go a couple of weeks ago.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hello Kuffy,

Just make sure you put the expiration date in the sales post and let people know they are about to expire. I have seen many post from members that their names are about to expire and they sell them for cheap.

•••
generally not worth to bother.
but.. truth is.. you never know who needs what name and how much they'll pay for it.
so.. its entirely up to you.

but if you will do like most do and offer expiring soon or expired domains for like bin $2.. then maybe ask yourself instead if its not better to let them sit on external auctions or parked page for those extra 30-40 grace period days.. and take a chance on selling one of them at least for XXX or whatever figure enduser may pay .. which we all know can be anything at all.

other than this, if you decide to post them on np for sale.. make sure anythign expired or expiring within 3 motnhs says so in auction. otherwise, if it sells and you don't say it, np rules will force you to pay for renewal for the buyer... and there will be nothing you can do about that, if you want to keep your np account rule violation free.

cheers

Last edited:
•••
Thanks for posting that Alcy. I am only posting active names, and I had planned to renew them if they expired during the life of the listing. It would make sense to include the expiry date and the registration date. I'm also trying to include the current use - hosted, parked, not resolving for example.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back