IT.COM
NameSilo
Watch
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
MEMBERINVITEONLYFORUM.COM is available...but then there is microguys's 14 char(tm?)"don't do that rule".....

lol

cheers

liquid

Schizophrenia/forum .......meets all requirements and works as an adjective for all concerned .....perfect !

•••
Boy ... with all the silly Whining going on over tiny infractions Perhaps it's time I come back.
I'll give people something to really Bitch about .. :laugh:

The more things change , The more they stay the same ... (No words could ever possibly be more true when it comes to forums). :wave:

•••
•••
Weighing in on what happened in the last day or so (about 3-4 pages worth ...)

- No comments in sales threads. Negative comments would potentially ruin someone's sale ... and for what?

- Moderation - instead of hashing out old incidents in this thread, maybe we should start a list of the TYPES of issues people have had and let Matt (or more likely a person/people he designates) take a look at them AND the current rules and see if rule revisions and/or reminders/re-training for the moderation team are in order.

Arguing about it here doesn't seem to be accomplishing anything except generating more ill will between the parties involved (and giving the rest of us a LOT of posts to read through!).

To run a successful forum, rules (and infractions) should be designed to support two basic points:
- Be courteous to your fellow forum members
- Don't spam.

:imho:

That's it from me - back to your regularly-scheduled bickering :)!

•••
I am not around much anymore, but thought I'd hop on just to say congrats to RJ and Matt.

Although, I will also say, it is interesting to see the comments already, people who see a new owner and starting to claim they were wrongly banned and talking about staff changes (mainly on domaingang) ... :)

Anyway, hope the change helps improve NamePros and makes it better than it already is.

-Eric

•••
Arguing about it here doesn't seem to be accomplishing anything except generating more ill will between the parties involved (and giving the rest of us a LOT of posts to read through!).
Not quite:

I've learned that people hold grudges for two years because of a deleted link on a 3d playboy article...

We've established the core mob mentality of a forum and how weak ownership could very easily capsize an already leaking ship.

I have learned who is dedicated to the forum based on reading and making relevant posts vs recruiting for new forums vs [email protected] vs just being nosey vs mildly off topic vs annoying (me, generally).

I now Realize that people have wildly crazy expectations of a free, well regulated forum free-for-all forum.

What I haven't figured out is why anyone is a mod here and why they still are based on an ownership change that (has happened? Or will happen?). Except Eric who had an obvious personal benefit..I think

People become attached to history when we should embrace the future.

I still think the mods should stop modding and we should see what happens unless Matt has put together his plan already. No way I'd throw down money and rely on volunteers that are getting slagged of to run the place...

Theres a mutiny in heaven! There are rats in paradise!

Get a grip people: this is a forum.

•••
Well, if Matt ever decided to give us Section Leaders/mods a paycheck, I wouldn't say no :D lol

•••
Not quite:

I've learned that people hold grudges for two years because of a deleted link on a 3d playboy article...

We've established the core mob mentality of a forum and how weak ownership could very easily capsize an already leaking ship.

I have learned who is dedicated to the forum based on reading and making relevant posts vs recruiting for new forums vs [email protected] vs just being nosey vs mildly off topic vs annoying (me, generally).

I now Realize that people have wildly crazy expectations of a free, well regulated forum free-for-all forum.

What I haven't figured out is why anyone is a mod here and why they still are based on an ownership change that (has happened? Or will happen?). Except Eric who had an obvious personal benefit..I think

I still think the mods should stop modding and we should see what happens unless Matt has put together his plan already. No way I'd throw down money and rely on volunteers that are getting slagged of to run the place...

Theres a mutiny in heaven! There are rats in paradise!

Get a grip people: this is a forum.

It wasn't a grudge, like I said there were more instances after that, they were examples and responses. It wasn't just 1 issue 2 years ago, it's a continuing issue of some mods not knowing the board's own rules and overmodding, not that complicated. Maybe this forum should get a Hooked On Phonics forum or something. I notice you just skip over all the details of that.

Last edited:
•••

I agree 100%! We need to learn from the past, but we need to move forward.

I've gotten p.o.'d about certain situations I didn't agree with too, but I know it wasn't personal. Ultimately I appreciated the time and effort that was taken to try and make NP a better & safer place.

I have learned so much here at Namepros, and I feel blessed to be part of this community!

Congratulations to both RJ & Matt! :loveyou:

...just my two cents worf...lol

•••
The following thread contains a subject that is potentially volatile. Debate and heated discussions are okay, but do not post any messages that are obscene, threatening, rude, or insulting. Respect your fellow members!

I am opting OUT of viewing potentially heated discussion threads.

Cheers
Corey

•••
Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back