Dynadot
NameSilo
Watch
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
"The rumors" talked about on Sunday...
Are they watching the whois or have they CONFIRMED anything yet? or still dribble?

Disclaimer: All posts, information and content on the web site DomainGang.com are fictional, humorous and depict a satire. No information contained herein is to be perceived as real, even if parts of it are accurate or appear to be real. Any resemblance to real people or events is fictitious and purely coincidental. The intent of DomainGang.com is to provide entertainment via the public release of content related to the domaining industry or other social aspects of life. We are not to be held responsible for any damage caused by your use of the satiric content. By accessing DomainGang.com and perusing the DomainGang.com information and content you fully agree that you are aware of and consent to this Disclaimer.

and until RJ comments no one knows for sure.

He is dealing with a family emergency and this isn't something he should be stressing over.

Amazing how the sharks come out ;)

Last edited:
•••
Well I hope everything works out with the family emergency. This does seem like rumor the way its reported.

•••
no one knows for sure
"..the shadow knows." :ghost: .................... ;)

•••
There's a comment on that post, apparently from Matt, which would suggest that the rumor is true.

(Hmm are the days of the "Parking and Domain Monetization" area numbered?)

But I'm sure we'll hear eventually - hope all turns out well with RJ's family.

•••
•••
Hey everyone, I am still here and am not leaving. The site as it stands now is still 100% under me, there has not been any transfer of power or changes as of this time.

The timing sucks on this. I'm in California replying from my grandmom's death bed where I've been doing 12 hour shifts the last two days. I wanted break the news myself but what can you do though when bloggers have to blog?

Love and respect to all the NamePros members and staff who make this place what it is. When I get back home I will be here to answer more questions and talk about future plans with you all.

:( to Acroplex from DomainGang for starting the NamePros rumors and another for Adam Dicker who uses this opportunity to pilfer members over to DNF. Whatever dudes! LOL

Everyone else, please don't worry. NamePros will be better than ever. We've put too much work into this place to quit now. I have no doubt we're just going to keep getting bigger and better from here. If you want to chat, send me a PM or email me at [email redacted] and I'll hit you back this weekend.

Peace out!

-RJ

Last edited:
•••
RJ, I'm sorry to hear about your personal loss.

Matt of Bodis already confirmed the change of guard, so there is no point to attack and insult me for your choosing to not disclose the deal to your members. It's best to be honest.

•••
This might turn out to be the most dramatic thread in the history of our beloved VIP lounge.

•••
I am a bit shocked by RJ's language towards me but whatever, I still love you, man.

•••
I'm sorry to hear about your Grandmother, the timing really does suck.

Still, congrats on the sale. (Invest in gold and nnn.com's.) :)

•••
Still, congrats on the sale. (Invest in gold and nnn.com's.) :)

Start another forum with the cash. Right to work laws trump non-compete clauses. Lol

•••
RJ Im terribly sorry to hear about your Grandmother, I pray she goes peacefully.

In regards to whether "Is it true? NamePros Sold?"

NamePros is owned by RJ we are members, it is his decision as the owner of the site to make decisions about the site.

Cheers
Corey

•••
Well, when I sold my forum I was happy, but after about a year you tend to miss it. If he remains active though it will help with the sellers remorse ;)

•••
I am a bit shocked by RJ's language towards me but whatever, I still love you, man.

:xf.love:
Dude I'm not mad... You and I go back before NamePros was even a figment in my warped imagination... kudos on the scoop. ;)

But deal is still very much a work in progress. I'll be keeping everyone updated as it progresses.

•••
Congrats to you RJ, and the best for your grandma.

•••
Thanks hawkeye. I miss hanging out with you man, it's been a long time!

Grandma (mom's mom) made her peace with God on Sunday, gave her final wishes and stopped eating. Hospice said make her as comfortable as possible, it's just a matter of time. She been in pretty bad shape since Thanksgiving and my mom was at the end of her rope being the full time caretaker.
I got in on Monday and have been trying to nurse her back to health with herbal supplements and getting her eating again and off all the medications. I told her if we get her walking and eating again I will take her to Las Vegas to have some fun. Seems to be working... she is talking, eating and walking now... gotta keep those positive thoughts!!

RJ

•••
RJ, I know; somehow I didn't see humor in the 'screw you' part but thanks for clarifying this. Again, you deserve a lot of success and I'm certain NP will get a traffic boost in 2012. Kudos to you for managing all this while in the middle of a personal matter such as taking care of your Grandmother :(

•••
RJ, I know; somehow I didn't see humor in the 'screw you' part but thanks for clarifying this. Again, you deserve a lot of success and I'm certain NP will get a traffic boost in 2012. Kudos to you for managing all this while in the middle of a personal matter such as taking care of your Grandmother :(

Ok brother, I am sorry for the harshness.

That was literally within 5 minutes of me getting on my computer for the first time to see all this breaking news that I wasn't quite ready for. Bad tact in retrospect... ah well my bad...

I was planning to give you the scoop as soon as Matt was ready to announce. We are under an NDA, so was hoping to coordinate with him to announce it.

RJ

•••
No worries RJ. Family always comes first. Congratulations on the deal, it's a great day to be a domainer :D

•••
Will Matt make the VIP lounge public?

BTW Who is Matt?
Does he support SOPA?
Will he close the .TV subforum?

What will happen to Wendy and MM?

Sorry for all the questions.. I guess I should really move on.

Last edited:
•••
RJ;
I (and I'm sure others here) have done round the clock vigil for someone who is passing.
Care :xf.love:

•••
Well I'm sure after 9 years it works about to be about $4/hour for all the time it takes to admin a forum like this.

You really have something here to be proud of RJ, the growth of this forum has been nothing short of every forum owners dream.

•••
Congrats -RJ-

i memba when np first started

BTW: Hope Your Grandmother is doing well

•••
Congrats RJ and most importantly all the best to your Grandmother.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back