IT.COM

Is Flippa the Biggest Joke / Fraud now??

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

LarryDomain

Top Member
Impact
All I seem to see listed on Flippa now is IDN domains. And newbies (new accounts) seem to be shill bidding it up to the 0,000s. Like the recent IDN PET.com. Nothing worth looking at nowadays at Flippa. Is the end nearing for them? They definitely need new leadership.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Flippa could do with a bb approach

Eg people may want to sell on flippa etc but flippa needs to reject possibly at least 50% of the names for sale and make itself a super premium top end domain auction and charge accordingly pretty much like bb eg being selective but charging well for the brands they choose to promote on their site

I'm not really a fan of the curated method like BB, but if that's what it takes to get rid of the shills and riff-raff, I'll take it. Of course, some of the names I've listed there could probably be called riff-raff, lol. :xf.wink:

•••
Agreed, definitely some innovation needed there.

What I don't understand is why on earth are they unable to see this. I mean surely they must know that the current model is simply not working.

•••
Quality sells and and er rubbish tends not to

•••
Their focus has always been websites, domains came later but have always been some of an afterthought.
I am not complaining though, because I think we already have too many marketplaces for domain names. Good domain names sell for themselves and don't need gimmicks.
PS: I don't use Flippa.

•••
flippa.com/8043991-gamereviews-io bid 3100 reserve not met..he relisted $200 reserve met lol

do u smell something ;)

And now also editor's choice... Gimme a break

•••
•••
Anyone can close the purchase of this property right now for: $2,995... Come on guys!!!!

•••
Flippa make a lot of money having people pay $10 listing fees for the worthless domains that will never sell.

•••
All I seem to see listed on Flippa now is IDN domains. And newbies (new accounts) seem to be shill bidding it up to the 0,000s. Like the recent IDN PET.com. Nothing worth looking at nowadays at Flippa. Is the end nearing for them? They definitely need new leadership.

Yeah, Flippa are just a sales organization really...

They know jack-s**t about domains, and they appear to be quite happy for website sellers to make up the most ludicrous lies you've ever heard about website income.

I've never seen them do anything decent or noble, errm, like, oh I don't know... like, let's say, errrm.. PROTECTING THE BUYER! Lol.

For Flippa, the race-to-the-bottom began a 'lil while ago...

•••
I'm sure there's a lot of inside deals these guys are involved in also :( Something new needs to popup to replace this cheating system. About the only thing worth looking at with Flippa is Ofelia ;)

•••
Editors' Choice: OrganicFruitsAndVegetables.com

Do you select this domain? :xf.frown:

Last edited:
•••
How much do you want to pay for an Editors' Choice name below?
JFKLimo.com

•••
some have suggested that editor's choice is actually a bot not a human. not sure if true but that would explain a lot.

•••
They said that : "Only a select few of the rarest and highest quality domain names are ever chosen for the award."

:woot:

•••
Editors' Choice: OrganicFruitsAndVegetables.com

Do you choice this domain? :xf.frown:

Haha, no surprise to know that Flippa's "choice" doesn't have much to do with quality of name...

I wonder if there is a secret link on the site where you can just pay them outright for making an "Editor's Choice"... Hmm..

•••
Well, OrganicFruitsAndVegetables.com is very rare...there is only one of them....

•••
•••
I'm a little surprised it's even available, but it looks like I can dive right in and register:

organicfruitsandvegetablesandallotherniceandtastyfood.com

If I shop around, it'll only be $10 to register and I can then list on Flippa (another $9, I believe) so i'll only be $19 in and then i'm bound to get an Editor's Choice for this name, particularly as it includes all other (nice and tasty) food as well...

Who knows, I could end up selling for a few thou.. or much more!

Wish me luck with this one guys...

:xf.smile:

Last edited:
•••
Hey, guys, thank you very much, I am the complete newbie (and would be this at least for the next few months...) and yesterday I was exercising with Flippa auctions....till all of that stuff started to make me laugh!! So much amazing names for bargain prices, mamma mia!! BIN price high but sold for penny! WTF?? Sorry....
Respect to NamePros and all your kindness and help!
:)

•••
yesterday I was exercising with Flippa auctions

Exercising with Flippa?!.. Be careful you don't pull a financial hamstring... :xf.wink:

•••
I'm just trying to learn reading your advices, watching auctions.... searching possible end users for my possible domains bought by Flippa haha :-D
But Flippa is a little bit funny..

•••
I'm just trying to learn reading your advices, watching auctions.... searching possible end users for my possible domains bought by Flippa haha :-D
But Flippa is a little bit funny..

You seem nice... may I offer a well-intentioned word of advice?

Anyway, here goes... You won't learn very much at all from the Namepros forum. Most of the people on here seem to think (wrongly) that there is a kind of hierachy (of knowledge) where "domaining" is concerned, or that you have to "get your time in", like a time-served apprentice, in order to be respected - it's all garbage...

If a person is new to domains and they're even half-way intelligent then THEIR ideas will, on the whole, be much better than most of the people's on here. All you need to know about are the various extensions, to know that shorter is generally better, and have some insight re: risk/reward and marketing.

That's it. Everything else is a waste of time.

Good luck,

•••
You seem nice... may I offer a well-intentioned word of advice?

Anyway, here goes... You won't learn very much at all from the Namepros forum. Most of the people on here seem to think (wrongly) that there is a kind of hierachy (of knowledge) where "domaining" is concerned, or that you have to "get your time in", like a time-served apprentice, in order to be respected - it's all garbage...

If a person is new to domains and they're even half-way intelligent then THEIR ideas will, on the whole, be much better than most of the people's on here. All you need to know about are the various extensions, to know that shorter is generally better, and have some insight re: risk/reward and marketing.

That's it. Everything else is a waste of time.

Good luck,

You're right, actually.
Thank you, my intuition say I need to find my way in this ocean.
My way or highway ;)

•••
You're right, actually.
Thank you, my intuition say I need to find my way in this ocean.
My way or highway ;)
Your way: You need to spend a lot time.
Highway: You need to spend a lot of money

•••
I'm not really a fan of the curated method like BB, but if that's what it takes to get rid of the shills and riff-raff, I'll take it. Of course, some of the names I've listed there could probably be called riff-raff, lol. :xf.wink:

:xf.grin: spilled my coffee laughing, one's riff-raff is another's gem lol

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back