IT.COM

Is Flippa the Biggest Joke / Fraud now??

NameSilo
Watch

LarryDomain

Top Member
Impact
All I seem to see listed on Flippa now is IDN domains. And newbies (new accounts) seem to be shill bidding it up to the 0,000s. Like the recent IDN PET.com. Nothing worth looking at nowadays at Flippa. Is the end nearing for them? They definitely need new leadership.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
"If we keep the IDN domains in English characters but simply change the font, we can sucker people into bidding AND cover our asses in court"

•••
Flippa is just a joke as you said as they tied up with some sellers to become popular by making big sales through shill bidding. Someone quoted the below lines about flippa on a similar thread.
"They earned enough from their platform and the owners are concentrating on other startups" .

•••
Flippa is definitely a big fraud and always has been. it is not that type of business that you expect to stay because they always win and many other people lose.

•••
While I'm happy with the few transactions I've done on there, I don't like the lack of visibility I've had even on a paid listing.

•••
Personally i've never really found flippa to be worth the time and effort...

Sure it was great for quickly flipping made for adsense websites back in the day... but the quality of buyers on Flippa with the amount of fake bids and low quality products on offer is no fun to deal with. Haven't used them in years.

•••
I think they could turn things around if they changed their current business model.

They need some fresh blood with radical ideas.

That place has so much potential and in the right hands it could really do wonders.

•••
I just removed all domains there.

•••
Certainly not what they used to be. The upgrades are an insult but without them your domain will likely get zero views... unless your friends with the editor and he gives you editors choice. The problem is industry wide though. Places like Flippa and BB are great when they are just gaining notoriety as there is a good buyer to listing ratio and names get a good amount of publicity/views but as soon as they get too popular the buyer to listing ratio is way off and your names gets lost in the crowd. Then they introduce upgrades etc and the whole platform goes to sh@t.

•••
Flippa is a great brand name

I like flippa

But I doubt it will be long before someone like gd or uniregistry makes a bid for it

•••
•••
Something seriously wrong at Flippa.

•••
Flippa could do with a bb approach

Eg people may want to sell on flippa etc but flippa needs to reject possibly at least 50% of the names for sale and make itself a super premium top end domain auction and charge accordingly pretty much like bb eg being selective but charging well for the brands they choose to promote on their site

•••
Flippa could do with a bb approach

Eg people may want to sell on flippa etc but flippa needs to reject possibly at least 50% of the names for sale and make itself a super premium top end domain auction and charge accordingly pretty much like bb eg being selective but charging well for the brands they choose to promote on their site
Lol as long as it isnt the editor choosing. Thats become a joke for me latley. No more "reg fee" in the appraisal section, only "editors choice" haha.

•••
Lol as long as it isnt the editor choosing. Thats become a joke for me latley. No more "reg fee" in the appraisal section, only "editors choice" haha.

I only pay the $9 option and I don't mind if it doesn't sell

I used it more as an advertising board

•••
I paid $9 for a listing upgrade and got 7 views in 2 weeks. One $20 offer on a premium $300 domain. All the while Editor's Choice had some ridiculous names that did not draw even one bid at $1. Really a very poor first showing as I was a first time customer! And now a last time customer too!

•••
IDN's are no joke people need to research better when bidding..but yes, flippa is a clusterfvck.

•••
All I seem to see listed on Flippa now is IDN domains. And newbies (new accounts) seem to be shill bidding it up to the 0,000s. Like the recent IDN PET.com. Nothing worth looking at nowadays at Flippa. Is the end nearing for them? They definitely need new leadership.

If someone is stupid enough to think that they are buying a legit 3L like Pet.com for pennies on the dollar.... there is more wrong here than shills.

•••
^ Exactly but still they need to research and seller needs to make exceptionally clear what they are selling. Punycode in bold, examples, pictures, etc.

•••
Used Flippa once....never again!

•••
I use the classified listings at Flippa to list my domains there for free with BIN prices. I've sold 9 names there in the past year.

•••
What did you do to get views? My classifieds never went above about 1-2 views.

•••
Certainly not what they used to be. The upgrades are an insult but without them your domain will likely get zero views... unless your friends with the editor and he gives you editors choice. The problem is industry wide though. Places like Flippa and BB are great when they are just gaining notoriety as there is a good buyer to listing ratio and names get a good amount of publicity/views but as soon as they get too popular the buyer to listing ratio is way off and your names gets lost in the crowd. Then they introduce upgrades etc and the whole platform goes to sh@t.

I've seen that happen with sooo many marketplace sites in both stock audio and 3d models.

•••
I think they could turn things around if they changed their current business model.

They need some fresh blood with radical ideas.

That place has so much potential and in the right hands it could really do wonders.

Agreed, definitely some innovation needed there.

•••
flippa.com/8043991-gamereviews-io bid 3100 reserve not met..he relisted $200 reserve met lol

do u smell something ;)

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back