IT.COM

Is domain reselling profitable for you?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Is domain reselling profitable for you?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Yes, I've made more than I've spent in domains.

votes
    54.5%
  • No, I've spent more than I've made in domains.

votes
    45.5%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

armstrong

Man from ManilaVIP Member
Impact
Simple poll, really. This will give us an idea of the current state of domain speculation. The options are:

- Yes, I've made more than I've spent in domains.
- No, I've spent more than I've made in domains.

Appreciate your input!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
So, the 'profitables' have gained the lead. I'm starting to get my hopes up. Now, to look over the deleting domains list one more time . . .

•••
Question for DomainOgre

DomainOgre,

I'm new to this game and I had a look at your namecart site. I'm wondering about using Paypal as your payment processor. Have you had buyers leery of sending payment without some sort of escrow service? I'm thinking of doing the same thing but wondering how well it's working for you.

•••
With the exception of a couple of deals on AfterNic and SEDO (which is what they do), I have not needed to use an escrow service yet. The scams I was referring to were for mailing lists and appraisals.

You will find that Paypal is the way you make 99% of your transactions.

Glad you were looking at NameCart :).

•••
Originally posted by DomainOgre
With the exception of a couple of deals on AfterNic and SEDO (which is what they do), I have not needed to use an escrow service yet. The scams I was referring to were for mailing lists and appraisals.

You will find that Paypal is the way you make 99% of your transactions.

Glad you were looking at NameCart :).

So I guess what I'm asking is have you found that your buyers are comfortable paying you directly through Paypal and then trusting that you will transfer the domain afterwards?

•••
great encouragement stories guys....hope to get positive flow soon. apart NP where are the best places to advert your names?

•••
Originally posted by cco
So I guess what I'm asking is have you found that your buyers are comfortable paying you directly through Paypal and then trusting that you will transfer the domain afterwards?

Yes, I have made sales like that :).

•••
The profitables are starting to pull away! :p

•••
I have made more then I've spent on domains this year but I wouldn't call it profitable. I just like domain speculating for some twisted reason. The most I've sold a single domain for this year is $150 so I'm a small player for sure. :D

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back