Dynadot

discuss Is domain outbounding a good method to sell your domain?

NameSilo
Watch

Siggy2500

Established Member
Impact
Contacting company directors of companies related to your domain name, or whoever might be interested in it. Maybe even owners of other domains similar to it.

How do you do this properly, and is it a good way?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Contacting company directors of companies related to your domain name, or whoever might be interested in it. Maybe even owners of other domains similar to it.

How do you do this properly, and is it a good way?
YES.....i'm actually getting into that business and i'd tell you more about it but NP simply won't let me:xf.cry:

•••
That's the major way some domainers sell their domains. They don't buy domains to keep and hope for buyers to come by. They buy domains they can pitch to business owners and individuals.

There are so many threads about outbounding here. For a start, type this in Google: site:namepros.com "outbound"

•••
That's the major way some domainers sell their domains. They don't buy domains to keep and hope for buyers to come by. They buy domains they can pitch to business owners and individuals.

There are so many threads about outbounding here. For a start, type this in Google: site:namepros.com "outbound"
How would you word such an email convincingly, because it might sound intrusive?

Last edited:
•••
And if the domain you are selling and contacting businesses/companies about doesn't have any traffic, would any of them even be interested?

Traffic is what brings customers.

Last edited:
•••
How would you word such an email convincingly, because it might sound intrusive?
Sorry, I can't help you. I'm still learning here. Sold my first domain last October. If you go to those outbound threads, you will find gems

And if the domain you are selling and contacting businesses/companies about doesn't have any traffic, would any of them even be interested?

Traffic is what brings customers.
In many instances, the traffic doesn't matter. This is not a content website (or niche site) business. I've been there. When it comes to selling domains, it's a different cup of tea

•••
Outbounding is something I'm looking at starting. Here's my train of thought...

If you're going to email potential buyers you need to be and look professional. This means having a professional email address and not a Gmail, Outlook etc. Your emails will need a professional looking signature too.

If you have a professional email it'll need to have a professional website built on the name too with your portfolio etc. Can't email someone and when they visit your site it doesn't exist, looks real scammy.

If English isn't your first language it might be a good idea to get help from someone for whom it is.

Outbounding clearly works when done properly or brokers wouldn't make a living.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back