NameSilo

Is Adam Dicker a criminal? You decide.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

S-B

Account Closed
Impact
This story starts with DNF; a barren wasteland that once was a leading forum within the domain industry. While the forum itself played a huge role in propagating the myth that is Adam Dicker, the story really begins with DNF College in the summer of 2011.

Read More

Updates / Reports
These are in no particular order.

From what I understand, Adam still owes north of $33,000 to previous customers and business partners. As I receive more information, I will update this figure.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
http://domainnamewire.com/2016/02/19/r-i-p-DNF-2001-2016/

Also, be prepared for lots of spam if you were ever a member, on Adam's fb page he publically posted that he had 800k opt-ins and he asked if anyone knew how to turn that into cash.

I used a specific private email address for my DNF account (not used anywhere else, not published anywhere either).

On February 7th I started to receive spam emails to this address. Probably a coincidence but I thought I'd mention it.

•••
I don't see why he doesn't admit his wrongs, apologize, pay back those he owes, and seeks forgiveness.

Why is it so hard for him to swallow his pride?

•••
I don't know why anyone bothers with this thread anymore ? Mr Dicker is unlikely to refund anyone and Shane Bellone has given up the ghost. Maybe it's time to forget it about it and just move on.

Just saying.

Best,
Paul

•••
•••
I don't really know of any facts but reading stories all over the net about this has left a bad taste in my mouth.Google Adam Dicker and the word "criminal" is all over the place not nice!.Again I don't know any facts but it seems to me people at the very top of the industry are quite about this..a disgrace! Lesson here is never listen to so called Gurus, most people at the top are probably ripping people off left right and centre. The little guy gets crushed, Dog eat Dog business world, Nothing comes easy, we have brains just like the so called immortals use it, never pay for advice, anyone who claims they can teach you how to make money for a fee is most likely a scam artist, find your own niche, . This is my opinion only about how I feel and not directed at anyone so don't take it personal. Personally my experience with Adam Dicker has been good..but i guess this is not about me.

•••
•••
Ive decided Adam Dicker is a Cheat and Fraudster... Ive made this decision from first hand experience in dealings with him... I bought into his bullshit story and spent over $5000 on websites with him that are still to this day just sitting on the web with no development on any of them... The thing I find abhorrent about him is that he prayed on the newbies and vulnerable to scam them for countless $1000s 0r $100,000s (we just dont know)... He has posted his own personal email address where complainants can contact him for a refund... and I quote " If anyone has issues with me please feel free to reach out directly at [email protected]
The only way anything can be resolved is if people reach out, otherwise it's just noise.".... well my noise has gone unanswered??.....Monies spent on site with him ...
$1500USD paid 3/9/14
$1000USD paid 5/9/14
$1000USD paid 6/9/14
$ 800 USD paid 12/9/14
$1500USD paid 19/9/14
Is it something about me or does it say more about the industry??... This is the 2nd time Ive been burnt by a so called 'big name' in the Domaining Industry and they just keep on getting presented with the industries highest awards??

•••
Davecookau you are not alone, I am sorry he has screwed you over as well. What have you done other than emailing him to get reimbursed? Did you receive a letter from the lawyer Adam used to send out letters?

At this point Adam is very unlikely to pay anyone back without legal means. You could try this route: http://www.attorneygeneral.jus.gov.on.ca/english/courts/scc/

•••
Adam is at it again.

http://domainshane.com/domain-flips...aspencolorado-com-flops-naid-com-vetclub-com/

Adam bought http://ManagedWebsites.com at Sedo for $1375 and has developed it out (if you can call the crappy site developed) and is selling website management packages. The contact button goes to [email protected] and the "buy now" buttons redirect to NicheWebsites.com check out page.

Most of the social media icons in the footer don't work, but the skype directs you here: http://managedwebsites.com/learn-more-plans/adam.dicker

The "testimonials" look completely fake, probably from fiverr or made up.

If you check copyscape, he has ripped off content and put it on his "about us" page

http://www.copyscape.com/view.php?o=75367&u=http://wpmanagedsites.com/&t=1456105910&s=http://managedwebsites.com&w=28&i=1&r=2

Buyer beware. Adam clearly knows very little about website management, this is just an attempt to pivot and pull the same old scams on unsuspecting customers like he did with Niche Websites.

Also, this is proof that he has no remorse for his wrongdoings, has not changed at all, and has learned nothing from this scandal.

Last edited:
•••
Ive decided Adam Dicker is a Cheat and Fraudster... Ive made this decision from first hand experience in dealings with him... I bought into his bullsh*t story and spent over $5000 on websites with him that are still to this day just sitting on the web with no development on any of them... The thing I find abhorrent about him is that he prayed on the newbies and vulnerable to scam them for countless $1000s 0r $100,000s (we just dont know)... He has posted his own personal email address where complainants can contact him for a refund... and I quote " If anyone has issues with me please feel free to reach out directly at [email protected]
The only way anything can be resolved is if people reach out, otherwise it's just noise.".... well my noise has gone unanswered??.....Monies spent on site with him ...
$1500USD paid 3/9/14
$1000USD paid 5/9/14
$1000USD paid 6/9/14
$ 800 USD paid 12/9/14
$1500USD paid 19/9/14
Is it something about me or does it say more about the industry??... This is the 2nd time Ive been burnt by a so called 'big name' in the Domaining Industry and they just keep on getting presented with the industries highest awards??

Who else were you burned by in this industry?

I don't think you should give up on trying to get your money back.

Try calling one of Adam Dicker's phone numbers (not sure if they work still or if he's changed them):
http://www.canada411.ca/search/?stype=si&what=adam+dicker&where=Richmond+Hill,+ON
http://www.adamdicker.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/Adam-Dicker-Media-Kit.pdf

or try contacting him at one of his new emails:
[email protected]
[email protected]

Last edited:
•••
Adam bought http://ManagedWebsites.com at Sedo for $1375 and has developed it out (if you can call the crappy site developed) and is selling website management packages. The contact button goes to [email protected] and the "buy now" buttons redirect to NicheWebsites.com check out page.

If you check copyscape, he has ripped off content and put it on his "about us" page

That can be stopped.

Earlier in this thread I looked at Nichewebsites and saw it was now using only Stripe as payment processor so I posted Stripe's TOS here: https://www.namepros.com/threads/is-adam-dicker-a-criminal-you-decide.883579/page-133#post-5205601

I don't think they permit fraud or content theft. People need to contact Stripe and any other payment processor Dicker tries to use and report the problems to them.

One member on here got a full Paypal refund because of the stolen content Dicker put on the buyer's site: https://www.namepros.com/threads/is-adam-dicker-a-criminal-you-decide.883579/page-126#post-5089150 It is possible Paypal have banned Dicker.

Last edited:
•••
Ive decided Adam Dicker is a Cheat and Fraudster... Ive made this decision from first hand experience in dealings with him... I bought into his bullsh*t story and spent over $5000 on websites with him that are still to this day just sitting on the web with no development on any of them... The thing I find abhorrent about him is that he prayed on the newbies and vulnerable to scam them for countless $1000s 0r $100,000s (we just dont know)... He has posted his own personal email address where complainants can contact him for a refund... and I quote " If anyone has issues with me please feel free to reach out directly at [email protected]
$1500USD paid 3/9/14
$1000USD paid 5/9/14
$1000USD paid 6/9/14
$ 800 USD paid 12/9/14
$1500USD paid 19/9/14

Really sorry to hear about that, very interesting to note Adam paid Frank Schilling quite quickly and Frank was more than happy to confirm this in public, Frank, glad he repaid you, but people like you need to stand up for the little guy and not just think about yourself !, again the lesson here is never to look up to these so called immortals ..the fact that the top industry experts are quiet about this is absolutely disgusting!.

•••
Really sorry to hear about that, very interesting to note Adam paid Frank Schilling quite quickly and Frank was more than happy to confirm this in public, Frank, glad he repaid you, but people like you need to stand up for the little guy and not just think about yourself !, again the lesson here is never to look up to these so called immortals ..the fact that the top industry experts are quiet about this is absolutely disgusting!.

It's funny to find little things they said about Adam over the years though...

7hhUZdu.png

•••
It's funny to find little things they said about Adam over the years though...

7hhUZdu.png
I think Rick will be requesting his testimonial back ..Look I have lost respect for the top so called Domain Guru's for keeping silent on this matter., but if you really think about it why should they care about the little guys? I am not saying all the top domain investors are all crooks but I think they could care less , Frank Got paid and vanished, Adam Dicker was quick to settle debts with the top guns..if it was Rick or Frank who was still owed money this issue will still be talked about, True fact of life tremendous power lies with those who have the money, nothing else matters.,

•••
@davecookau yes please do share who the second big name in the domaining industry is who burned you, calling them out will help others to avoid them. Better that these things be brought to light.

•••
•••
This is the 2nd time Ive been burnt by a so called 'big name' in the Domaining Industry and they just keep on getting presented with the industries highest awards??

Who is the other one?

•••
•••
This is the 2nd time Ive been burnt by a so called 'big name' in the Domaining Industry and they just keep on getting presented with the industries highest awards??

Build a forum
Promise all your members lots of goodies to vote for your website in domain survey's
Take what members post on your forum and make it your own, call it Daves College.
Gloat about receiving the highest award for best forum
Over inflate your success, increase your income to any amount and brag about it. Not worry, nobody will check.
Attend lots of conventions, do interviews, make youtube videos, make yourself well known, .

Congratulations! your now a domain celebrity! you have gained the trust of thousands of domainers, and now is the time to suck as much money from them as you possibly can, IF your a dishonest low life.

In all seriousness, I am sorry this happened to you.. I myself NEVER trusted Adam, maybe it was the Satellite dish thing or the Godaddy fiasco that did it.. I learned early on that this industry is full of crooks, and the industry will protect them, look at how many domain bloggers are NOT reporting on this, you don't want to trust them either.

•••
What I find most interesting from all this is that a private conversation between Dicker and Cyger gets released then a few months later Cyger starts a DN Academy which is similar to what Dicker was doing.

Almost seems planned.

But, hey, I'm a conspiracy theorist ;)

•••
Build a forum
Promise all your members lots of goodies to vote for your website in domain survey's
Take what members post on your forum and make it your own, call it Daves College.
Gloat about receiving the highest award for best forum
Over inflate your success, increase your income to any amount and brag about it. Not worry, nobody will check.
Attend lots of conventions, do interviews, make youtube videos, make yourself well known, .

Congratulations! your now a domain celebrity! you have gained the trust of thousands of domainers, and now is the time to suck as much money from them as you possibly can, IF your a dishonest low life.

In all seriousness, I am sorry this happened to you.. I myself NEVER trusted Adam, maybe it was the Satellite dish thing or the Godaddy fiasco that did it.. I learned early on that this industry is full of crooks, and the industry will protect them, look at how many domain bloggers are NOT reporting on this, you don't want to trust them either.
It seems to be an industry full of spin doctors with many and varied agendas, if money was not involved it would be good comedy

•••
It seems to be an industry full of spin doctors with many and varied agendas, if money was not involved it would be good comedy

Spin doctors and hypocrites, I remember whenever someone got cheated out of money on DNF or there was a scam, a particular group of members would investigate and go out of their way to trash that person, both ethically and personally, it was vicious, does anyone remember Starlita Smilen?

http://domaingang.com/domain-news/DNF-scammer-starlita-similien-arrested-in-panama-city-fl/

Naturally she deserved it, she ripped members off which is no different than what's happening here, and yet Dicker gets a pass.. In the domain industry, we protect the ones we admire, idolize and worship, they can do no wrong, It's no wonder their so arrogant and proclaim themselves as God's, Kings and Legends..

The ones who pumped this guy up and are now choosing to remain silent about this are intellectually dishonest IMO.. Kudo's to Andrew at Domain Name Wire, and Toronto Domainer for reporting what's going on, and course NamePros!.

•••
Adam Dicker always seemed like a nice guy on DNF. But reading this thread has changed my view of him. Never thought someone as widely respected as he was would've scammed so many people.

•••
Says a lot about Adam Dicker that he would choose to delete DNF with no regards to the many people who have lined his pockets with lifetime membership fees and then look to sell their details without permission, instead of passing on ownership to somebody else who could have had a go at reviving the place.

I guess he couldn't find a private buyer and that the usual routes (e.g. flippa) were unavailable to him as he'd need to incriminate himself by uploading verified analytics, which would show that traffic was a fraction of the amount he'd claimed to advertisers and prospective members.

Even in its dead state I bet it would have realised probably $50k on flippa, there would be people willing to have taken a punt on turning it around.

•••
I had Exlusive lifetime membership at DNF..At least can i receive some pin button about that?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back