IT.COM

Is Adam Dicker a criminal? You decide.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

S-B

Account Closed
Impact
This story starts with DNF; a barren wasteland that once was a leading forum within the domain industry. While the forum itself played a huge role in propagating the myth that is Adam Dicker, the story really begins with DNF College in the summer of 2011.

Read More

Updates / Reports
These are in no particular order.

From what I understand, Adam still owes north of $33,000 to previous customers and business partners. As I receive more information, I will update this figure.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I had Exlusive lifetime membership at DNF..At least can i receive some pin button about that?

If you bought a membership...I would start a chargeback with your bank or make a claim on paypal or whoever the credit card processor is that he used for his membership fees. The fact that he says it's a "lifetime" membership and it didn't last that long, I'm fairly certain your bank or ebay would side with you to get your money back (especially if you bought a membership within the last 6-12 months).

•••
If you bought a membership...I would start a chargeback with your bank or make a claim on paypal or whoever the credit card processor is that he used for his membership fees. The fact that he says it's a "lifetime" membership and it didn't last that long, I'm fairly certain your bank or ebay would side with you to get your money back (especially if you bought a membership within the last 6-12 months).

I've had the very same problem with a web directory which offered "lifetime listings" and I understand that lifetime actually means the life of the website itself not the life of its members.

•••
I've had the very same problem with a web directory which offered "lifetime listings" and I understand that lifetime actually means the life of the website itself not the life of its members.

Still, it's worth trying, especially if it was a recent membership purchase made within the last 12 months.

•••
Is that all with the mega hero? Dead alive! It is a pity, going without complete compensation to the offenders?

•••
Spin doctors and hypocrites, I remember whenever someone got cheated out of money on DNF or there was a scam, a particular group of members would investigate and go out of their way to trash that person, both ethically and personally, it was vicious, does anyone remember Starlita Smilen?

http://domaingang.com/domain-news/DNF-scammer-starlita-similien-arrested-in-panama-city-fl/

Naturally she deserved it, she ripped members off which is no different than what's happening here, and yet Dicker gets a pass.. In the domain industry, we protect the ones we admire, idolize and worship, they can do no wrong, It's no wonder their so arrogant and proclaim themselves as God's, Kings and Legends..

The ones who pumped this guy up and are now choosing to remain silent about this are intellectually dishonest IMO.. Kudo's to Andrew at Domain Name Wire, and Toronto Domainer for reporting what's going on, and course NamePros!.
Your link goes to a you tube video.
I want to know more, about these past actions.

•••
•••
I am not condoning what he did. All I am saying is that I guess I am one of the lucky ones because he never done wrong to me. It is what it is. I am not here to advocate for him. I am here to make money. He's a big boy and can take care of himself. Myself would like to hear him apologize, give an explanation, and make things right. But, I don't expect it.

•••
What I find most interesting from all this is that a private conversation between Dicker and Cyger gets released then a few months later Cyger starts a DN Academy which is similar to what Dicker was doing.

Almost seems planned.

But, hey, I'm a conspiracy theorist ;)

Found that somehow strange too. Bad timing for Cyger to start his own "expert" academy me thinks

•••
Reported sales do attract a lot of entrants into this industry and keep existing players interested. However, after ten years of seeing many reported four and five figure sales that sounded dubious I have wondered at times if this entire industry is just one big scam to lure newbies into buying up hundreds of worthless domains and misc services related to development, backorders, etc. End user sales are far more difficult than merely registering a domain and waiting for a buyer with a fat wallet to contact you.

•••
Bad timing for Cyger to start his own "expert" academy me thinks

However, after ten years of seeing many reported four and five figure sales that sounded dubious I have wondered at times if this entire industry is just one big scam to lure newbies into buying up hundreds of worthless domains and misc services related to development, backorders, etc.

Dicker's course told newbies they would have to buy a few hundred domains and "develop" some of those. Great for registrars and sellers of "development".

•••
Dicker's course told newbies they would have to buy a few hundred domains and "develop" some of those. Great for registrars and sellers of "development".

His course also taught domainers step-by-step how to mass spam potential end users, which is NO different than what domainers were doing to other domainers.

•••
Reported sales do attract a lot of entrants into this industry and keep existing players interested. However, after ten years of seeing many reported four and five figure sales that sounded dubious I have wondered at times if this entire industry is just one big scam to lure newbies into buying up hundreds of worthless domains and misc services related to development, backorders, etc. End user sales are far more difficult than merely registering a domain and waiting for a buyer with a fat wallet to contact you.

Newbies are the primary market for the entire domain industry IMO, and sadly, the majority of domainers take full advantage of their ignorance.

•••
Oh, Raider, long time no see.

•••
Should we set up a GoFundMe for A.D.?

•••
Does anyone know what Domain Name Consulting Group owns in the way of Domain names?

•••
Or what Adam Dicker may own privately?

•••
I would not assume that any company names used by Dicker actually exist as legally incorporated companies - check carefully.

•••
@Newby888 did you ever get paid back? I know you were one of the victims putting together a case against Adam.

•••
•••
Is there any money in bobbleheads?

iBobble.com has been making them for 10+ years :xf.rolleyes:

•••
"Gouda" personal injury attorney.... Hmm wonder who that could be for. Looks like Adam and his loyal buddy Rick from the Netherlands are still in bed together scheming up new ways to make money.

That video looks like it was probably a fivver gig. Either for a fb video ad or one of his "niche" websites.

•••
Should be Gotcha - Criminal Attorney

•••
Is there any money in bobbleheads?

iBobble.com has been making them for 10+ years :xf.rolleyes:

Heck yes!

The Baltimore Orioles give away Bobbleheads about 3 or 4 times a season (about 100,000 in total); I'm sure that other baseball teams give away bobblehead swag.

Our house is filled with these things.

•••
Vince-Gill-11-30.jpg

^^ Vince Gill ^^
adam_dicker-2014-225x225.jpg

^^ AD ^^

Related? .... lol

Peace,
Cy

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back