IT.COM

Is Adam Dicker a criminal? You decide.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

S-B

Account Closed
Impact
This story starts with DNF; a barren wasteland that once was a leading forum within the domain industry. While the forum itself played a huge role in propagating the myth that is Adam Dicker, the story really begins with DNF College in the summer of 2011.

Read More

Updates / Reports
These are in no particular order.

From what I understand, Adam still owes north of $33,000 to previous customers and business partners. As I receive more information, I will update this figure.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Nothing physical whatsoever, don't put words into my mouth, I stated clearly I would confront him, doesn't mean assault him. Its business....and I want to understand his position...That's it

Who is putting words in your mouth?

•••
Who is putting words in your mouth?

Wrong choice, I was relating to the other post which I corrected....I will be back after I have been to the conference and see what I see... I am impartial and have ZERO to do with any sides in the matter. Except for helping the 2 clients I have

•••
Embarrassing for the industry. I look differently at alot of the so called experts, respected folks and blogs/websites now.

Alot of ppl are guilty by association in my book. I was brought up to believe if you lay down with dogs, you'll get fleas. As for Dicker..... At this point I think he has mental issues. I would have bet he'd cash out/liquidate and be on an island somewhere but he's still parading around apparently.

Adam still has many Facebook industry friends that bolster and give him the impression that he has not been dethroned. Newbies see his FB association with industry leaders and assume he is above board. I personally have spoken with AD and he acts like nothing has happened, he only owes a few and he still believes he is the expert. He has promised me about a dozen times that the attorney letter was in the mail. He even has my 91 yr old Mom waiting for it. His actions are beyond deplorable, he is definitely sick. I tried calling his attorney (613 233-1781) to verify that he was in fact a client of theirs but they have yet to confirm.

•••
Adam still has many Facebook industry friends that bolster and give him the impression that he has not been dethroned. Newbies see his FB association with industry leaders and assume he is above board. I personally have spoken with AD and he acts like nothing has happened, he only owes a few and he still believes he is the expert. He has promised me about a dozen times that the attorney letter was in the mail. He even has my 91 yr old Mom waiting for it. His actions are beyond deplorable, he is definitely sick. I tried calling his attorney (613 233-1781) to verify that he was in fact a client of theirs but they have yet to confirm.

A "E-mail" from an attorney is as legitimate as Santa in your chimney. It's a poor attempt to intimidate those who he owes. The good news is he believes it's working and left his guard down just long enough.
Isn't that right Adam? lol

•••
Adam still has many Facebook industry friends that bolster and give him the impression that he has not been dethroned. Newbies see his FB association with industry leaders and assume he is above board.

IF he attends, then perhaps the "dethroning" is to take place at the event with his peers' publicly shunning him, instead of the (mostly) silence they've offeredfrom behind their computer screens. Now they'll have to deal with him, one way or another, in person, in front of many eyes and ears.

Just because he says on Facebook that he is attending doesnt mean he is. I mean, look at his track record on following through............

•••
I've actually got visions of some sort of Anchorman stand off between the Bellone crew and the Dicker crew.

fffffffffffffff.jpg

I know that Sir Drago has hinted above that this issue isn't dead in the water, but it feels that way to me.

He got some fresh faced tinpot trainee lawyer to send a junk email to intimidate people, and it worked.

Difficult to conclude anything other than an Adam Dicker victory really. He's still got the money, and hasn't even needed to put his best suit on for a day trip to the small claims court.

•••
•••
He should be banned from NamesCon etc. Rightful ethics etc.

Maybe when Hell freezes over. Frankly, I'm I'll be surprised if he doesn't get "guest speaker" status, as well as accolades from Rick Schwartz and Ron Jackson. Not to mention an award or two for something.

•••
•••
1st page on google for 'adam dicker'.
Screen_Shot_2015_12_22_at_20_50_33.png

On Ron Jackon's DNJournal. Been like this for a month+ So has had plenty of time to be removed and cached.

mmmm 'Not Found' (Text) ADDED?

This industry! Pswh

•••
Haven't been commenting this thread that much but would like to say right here and now that one of the biggest problems, obstacles for the aftermarket domains is the negative image that the industry has.

What I mean is that is in the interests of everybody involved in the industry that shady figures get rooted out.

The domain game needs a face lift. And it needs it right about now.

We are not a bunch of people robbing business owners. We are sophisticated investors seeing the value in Internet assets. And as such, we provide incredible opportunities for sophisticated business people to get it right from the start.

This AD story is incredibly sad and bad for the industry.

Well said :)

Before I got into domaining i also had a bad view of domainers, not sure why though. Now I know the industry, most of us are honest, hard working people, who spend endless hours researching markets and tech to find great brands and products for startups and other domain investors to buy.
We use our own hard earned cash to invest.

Those who do bad in our industry should note, your days are going to be over, fast.

•••
It will take plenty of effort to "remove" the 3 out 5 negative top results in Google, if searching: "Adam Dicker"! Also, Adamdicker .com is having tech issues and is more or less down.

I guess this is (more or less) a disaster for his business...

•••

Per attending Namescon:
Good Vibrations .... NOT

•••
It will take plenty of effort to "remove" the 3 out 5 negative top results in Google, if searching: "Adam Dicker"! Also, Adamdicker .com is having tech issues and is more or less down.

I guess this is (more or less) a disaster for his business...
In theory, the post can be deleted from the site immediately.
Also, you can send google the url for search removal, its an easy process if you own the material.

•••
Last edited:
•••
•••
Its a post on a website. Ron Jackson can just delete it.

Ok, I was referring to:

1. This thread
2. The article on Domain Name Wire
3. The article on Therealshane (dot) com

All in top 5, if searching for AD.

•••
Also, Adamdicker .com is having tech issues and is more or less down.

Adamdicker.com still down today.

Nichewebsites.com was down yesterday, back today.

DCG.com says
This Site is Now closed!
and the whois changed to someone in China on 20 Dec.
RIP DotComGod.

•••
I'm really wondering whether any domain lawyers, industry insiders, popular domain bloggers know that there is a discussion going on here about him.

I don't see anything mentioned about this issue anywhere.

•••
i really hope for the sake of the victims that this adam dicker cat uses this opportunity at nc to address the issues in this thread
its not so easy to deceive and be evasive when looking into a mans eyes
Really hope he mans up and deals with this but judging by this thread im not going to hold my breath.
Wish you guys luck and really hope something can be worked out to get your money back
looking forward to updates

•••
I'm really wondering whether any domain lawyers, industry insiders, popular domain bloggers know that there is a discussion going on here about him.

I don't see anything mentioned about this issue anywhere.

Yes, industry insiders are aware of this "discussion." Their lack of participation here should tell you something about how little they care. The insiders probably already knew what Dicker is and was about, but positive spin is the narrative in the domain aftermarket. Has anyone asked Ron Jackson why in the world he hasn't been covering this story? After all, he is the "editor" of the self-proclaimed " The Domain Industry News Magazine." News? What a joke. A laugher. But you can still find Ron's threads here at Namepros on a dependable weekly basis for the most part, but I'd call it propaganda from ethically-challenged auction entities rather than news.

•••
Seems like all of Adam's Posts on the Facebook Domain College have been deleted individually and the only posts left are from Rick. Wonder why he simply didn't delete the entire group instead.

•••
I think the Lone Ranger is handing the reins over to Tonto. His group is down to 51 members

Birds of a feather flock together

•••
Has anyone asked Ron Jackson why in the world he hasn't been covering this story? After all, he is the "editor" of the self-proclaimed " The Domain Industry News Magazine."

Well if DNjournal only likes "success" stories then surely they should be showcasing the selling of Dicker's prominent domains such as DNF.com DNG.com and mistress.com?

Seems on 4 Dec DNF and nichewebsites.com went over to private whois - are they being sold too?

By the way after nichewebsites.com came back on line they kept changing their offerings and put prices up as high as 10k for a 3 hour wordpress install. That page no longer works https://nichewebsites.com/order-niche-website2/ but this one does again and takes you to pages of packages you can buy https://nichewebsites.com/web-design-and-development/.

Paypal is now NOT offered as a payment method there - they may have banned him due to refunds, complaints, chargebacks, or violations of their acceptable use policy. The site now takes its payments via Stripe.com. Anyone is free to contact Stripe.com with concerns about Dicker - check out their acceptable use policy:
https://stripe.com/gb/prohibited-businesses

It explicitly excludes:

Engaging in deceptive marketing practices

"Get rich quick” schemes

Multi-level marketing or pyramid schemes

Any product or service that infringes upon the copyright, trademark, or trade secrets of any third party

Any product, service or activity that is deceptive, unfair, predatory, or prohibited by one or more Card Networks

Selling other people's articles, scripts, designs, images or Wordpress themes without permission would violate those TOS.

Last edited:
•••
Thanks for the like. I looked up to this guy, he is Canadian, I wanted to be like him.

You were my mentor buddy, thats why I stood up for you best I could, but that was a stupid mistake.

Choice and consequence

My stomach is still turning that the dn journal article on him is still up.

Happy holidays to the other 12 guys named Adam Dicker on 411.com

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back