Domain Empire

Is Adam Dicker a criminal? You decide.

NameSilo
Watch

S-B

Account Closed
Impact
This story starts with DNF; a barren wasteland that once was a leading forum within the domain industry. While the forum itself played a huge role in propagating the myth that is Adam Dicker, the story really begins with DNF College in the summer of 2011.

Read More

Updates / Reports
These are in no particular order.

From what I understand, Adam still owes north of $33,000 to previous customers and business partners. As I receive more information, I will update this figure.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
And you'd be making a safe bet. Look, the know-it-alls have claimed expertise and superior knowledge for years. My previous post about the self-proclaimed, 'The Domain Industry News Magazine' highlights that still, even now, rogues and scoundrels get a true pass when it comes to the wholesale shafting and deception targeting individuals like you, me, other Namepros members, and naive newbies who file into conventions, conferences, webcasts, and every quicksand pit set up by bottom-feeders. There is no true, made-to-fit consumer protection for this industry, and now you see the result of that shortcoming. Jeezus, when an industry webrag proclaiming itself to be THE news magazine of the industry fails to report true, relevant news, the pall of a huge, cynical joke is cast over that industry. Well my friend, I'm not laughing.

Well aside from a few blogposts there has been silence, you are right. Has Dicker's Developer of the Year prize been revoked? No. Will he be nominated for that again this year? Or will Namescon present a Debtor Of The Year award?

The people Dicker owes money to are mostly not the big players, just newbies he recruited and sold on the idea of easy monetisation jackpots. In fact for the big players Dicker's problems are an opportunity - a chance to buy up his best names at reduced prices. If he can't pay his bills at Uniregistry will they get to take possession of his names?

Media likes events and conflict - for the Dicker story to get real coverage there needs to be an event to report and Namescon may provide it.

•••
Now that might be worth the price of admission in and of itself.

(Voice of Michel Buffer)
* Lets Get Ready To Rumble*

btw, SB, Where did you hear AD was going to be there?

Peace,
Cy

He clicked going on their Facebook page.

•••
So, instead of paying us the money owed to us, he's using our refund money to fly to, stay at, and attend Namescon. What a guy!

•••
So, instead of paying us the money owed to us, he's using our refund money to fly to, stay at, and attend Namescon. What a guy!

That's because you allow it. If money is truly owed to you, then you certainly have recourse. Have you exercised your rights?

•••
Yes, I have exercised my right to conduct a level-headed economic analysis of the situation with an attorney. Seeking recourse by hiring an international attorney to work a case for a few thousand dollars of recovery has a negative ROI because the attorney's fees will quickly exceed the recovery. That's simply throwing good money after bad, not to mention continuing negative emotional energy into the future. Far better to cut loses, move on, and ensure Adam remains persona non grata in the domain name industry, just as Michael Cyger has done by obliterating Adam from DomainSherpa.com.

•••
•••
•••
•••
conman.jpg

A bargain!!

•••
Heh heh heh. That's a good one. That's funny.

•••
•••
How embarrassing for Dicker. Just proves the industry is at a low point.

•••
Embarrassing for the industry. I look differently at alot of the so called experts, respected folks and blogs/websites now.

Alot of ppl are guilty by association in my book. I was brought up to believe if you lay down with dogs, you'll get fleas. As for Dicker..... At this point I think he has mental issues. I would have bet he'd cash out/liquidate and be on an island somewhere but he's still parading around apparently.

•••
Embarrassing for the industry. I look differently at alot of the so called experts, respected folks and blogs/websites now.

Alot of ppl are guilty by association in my book. I was brought up to believe if you lay down with dogs, you'll get fleas. As for Dicker..... At this point I think he has mental issues. I would have bet he'd cash out/liquidate and be on an island somewhere but he's still parading around apparently.

That's because some of the people who where robbed blind didn't report it to the proper authorities. So obviously Adam feels he's gotten away with it and can continue to do so unchecked.
Little does he know...

•••
Can you imagine going to the conference & you are sat next to Mr. Dicker.

A) Would you get up and move immediately?
B) Would you start a conversation with him?

•••
Can you imagine going to the conference & you are sat next to Mr. Dicker.

A) Would you get up and move immediately?
B) Would you start a conversation with him?

I believe there's going to be a line of people just dying to sit next to him lol

•••
He seems like the kind of guy who would let you beat him up and then call the police on you and press charges. I'd be careful getting physical with him. He has bats in the belfry.

•••
Haven't been commenting this thread that much but would like to say right here and now that one of the biggest problems, obstacles for the aftermarket domains is the negative image that the industry has.

What I mean is that is in the interests of everybody involved in the industry that shady figures get rooted out.

The domain game needs a face lift. And it needs it right about now.

We are not a bunch of people robbing business owners. We are sophisticated investors seeing the value in Internet assets. And as such, we provide incredible opportunities for sophisticated business people to get it right from the start.

This AD story is incredibly sad and bad for the industry.

•••
I will be at the conference and post the truth, but I can tell you the conference organizer is above board and has been honest and fair in all aspects for Namescon. I will certainly confront Dicker if he is there..and the reason a lot of people have not done the reporting to authority thing is that he is in Canada and most are in the US that have been taken advantage of. Its unfortunate but people in this industry have noticed, believe me...It is not something that is being ignored.

•••
He seems like the kind of guy who would let you beat him up and then call the police on you and press charges. I'd be careful getting physical with him. He has bats in the belfry.

Physical action is the last thing anyone should bring to the table. Completely unnecessary and would add nothing to find a solution.

•••
Nothing physical whatsoever, (reworded) I stated clearly I would confront him, doesn't mean assault him. Its business....and I want to understand his position...That's it

Last edited:
•••
In addition I think there are a lot of people that want to know when they will be paid back...I for one represent 2 people and I think its more than fair he addresses that situation in person when everyone is there.

•••
I will be at the conference and post the truth, but I can tell you the conference organizer is above board and has been honest and fair in all aspects for Namescon. I will certainly confront Dicker if he is there..and the reason a lot of people have not done the reporting to authority thing is that he is in Canada and most are in the US that have been taken advantage of. Its unfortunate but people in this industry have noticed, believe me...It is not something that is being ignored.

If you come over the border from Canada into the USA, then commit a robbery in the USA, then make it back across the border into Canada, then come back into the USA for a meeting, the cops will arrest you if they know you are back in the USA. But someone has to file a police report for that to happen. It just doesn't happen because alleged victims whine about being robbed in a forum.

•••
I will pass that along to my clients and make sure they do that...Good suggestion as I am not a lawyer.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back