IT.COM

Is Adam Dicker a criminal? You decide.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

S-B

Account Closed
Impact
This story starts with DNF; a barren wasteland that once was a leading forum within the domain industry. While the forum itself played a huge role in propagating the myth that is Adam Dicker, the story really begins with DNF College in the summer of 2011.

Read More

Updates / Reports
These are in no particular order.

From what I understand, Adam still owes north of $33,000 to previous customers and business partners. As I receive more information, I will update this figure.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
4chan is a place where mostly attention-seeking teens and young adults socialize about their life, politics, gaming, anime culture, etc. on different boards. It's highly unusual and rather creepy for an older guy in his 50's to be hanging out on there.
That's just a theory. Noone knows for sure. Afterall they all anonymous there.
It's highly unusual for anyone to make millions on domains too, older or younger..

•••
That's just a theory. Noone knows for sure. Afterall they all anonymous there. It's highly unusual for anyone to make millions on domains too, older or younger..

It's not just a theory...

4chan Demographics - http://www.4chan.org/advertise
  • Location: United States (47%), United Kingdom (8%), Canada (6%), Australia (5%), Germany (4%), France (2%), Sweden (2%), Netherlands (2%), Poland (1.5%), Brazil (1.5%)
  • Interests: Japanese culture, anime, manga, video games, comics, technology, music, movies
  • Education: Majority attended or currently enrolled in college

•••
It's not just a theory...

4chan Demographics - http://www.4chan.org/advertise
  • Location: United States (47%), United Kingdom (8%), Canada (6%), Australia (5%), Germany (4%), France (2%), Sweden (2%), Netherlands (2%), Poland (1.5%), Brazil (1.5%)
  • Interests: Japanese culture, anime, manga, video games, comics, technology, music, movies
  • Education: Majority attended or currently enrolled in college
OK, thanks. Many people provide random information on polls online for security reasons.

Still the rest of my answer applies.
It's not fair to judge people based on the websites they visit.
I'm not member of 4Chan, but feel that anyone can visit whatever sites they want, it won't make my opinion of them any different.

•••
Hi Djum, quote me if you wish haha
Since the exposure of Adam's business practices, I have been sidetracked. So i fingered its time to catch up on domain sherpa. I started watching this video last week, then had a 2L chinese premium, and forgot.
I did make it past the sponsors, first time. Yes Niche websites was sponsor1
However , since last week it seems to be edited, and sponsor 1 is looking a little spiffier, like a new intro was added. Quite a catchy ad. How many knobs have watched that show and said hey siri "sign me up"

I was gonna go check 4chan but it would be creepy cause i am to old.

Been 2 months now, since this began. What happened to the yappers who were gonna take da man down

Has one court appearance been made?

I thought this thread was gonna get folks their money. Instead it backfired, AD is doing better than most of us, and some kids won't get the presents they deserve cause Adam bought his kids home entertainment centers, and said FU, this is how the domain business is run, because people can hide behind their screens.

Go find that video, do sommething useful with your time. Me, here comes another 2L chinese premium

•••
Go find that video, do sommething useful with your time.

That's mutually exclusive paragraphs.

To waste time on some video just to find the name of the sponsor? Thanks, I'll pass, usually skip through commercial part anyway.

•••
/I am just stating nichewebsites is still being advertised on domain sherpa video. Maybe only one. But one customer for Adam pays for a new suit.

Any updates in recovering funds apparently owed, djum?

•••
Can't tell you, nothing is owed to me.

•••
I'm checking this thread after a long time.

Is everyone happy and did you'll get refunds?

•••
•••
No refund here. Just empty promises from AD.

•••
•••
•••
Any court appearances / arrests / refunds / clean hits yet?

•••
•••
Just an update: Adam and Rick will be at NamesCon. Feel free to take your issues up with them there.

•••
Just an update: Adam and Rick will be at NamesCon. Feel free to take your issues up with them there.

Is he a speaker in the conference or just an attendee? Because it would be kind of shocking if we then find out that he's been invited by the organizers.

•••
Is he a speaker in the conference or just an attendee? Because it would be kind of shocking if we then find out that he's been invited by the organizers.

As far as I know he's just attending.

•••
Because it would be kind of shocking if we then find out that he's been invited by the organizers.

Based on history, including recent history, it wouldn't be at all shocking to me. You see, I believe we were the last to learn about the revelations brought forward in this thread. In case you hadn't noticed, there is an eerie silence from the "players," with one player apparently crying foul only because he wasn't paid a large chunk of $ as promised. But only the sound of crickets from the other major players. Have you seen anything about this thread at DNJournal? I haven't. Go ask Ron Jackson, the "editor" of 'The Domain Industry News Magazine,' why what's arguably the hottest domain industry story of 2015 has been given nary a mention as far as I know. That's one helluva news magazine you've got there, Ron. But keep force feeding your readers domain "sales" results from Snapnames and Flippa. Atta boy!

Last edited:
•••
Although Mr Dicker is in no way 'famous', he has inspired me to reg a domain in his honour -

f a m e a s s . c o m

A site for the assh*le things famous people do. I wonder if he'll buy it off me?

•••
As far as I know he's just attending.

Who's getting shanked first in your opinion? You or him?

This is not serious and a joke based on Shane's other thread :)

•••
An industry conference that would have Adam Dicker I do not wish to attend.

•••

Will you be there?

That would be interesting!

•••
•••
I will be.

Will be really interesting to hear whether he's accepted by the industry like nothing has happened or is shunned as an outcast.

The latter is what should happen, the former is what I'd probably put money on happening. Unfortunately.

•••
Will be really interesting to hear whether he's accepted by the industry like nothing has happened or is shunned as an outcast. The latter is what should happen, the former is what I'd probably put money on happening. Unfortunately.

And you'd be making a safe bet. Look, the know-it-alls have claimed expertise and superior knowledge for years. My previous post about the self-proclaimed, 'The Domain Industry News Magazine' highlights that still, even now, rogues and scoundrels get a true pass when it comes to the wholesale shafting and deception targeting individuals like you, me, other Namepros members, and naive newbies who file into conventions, conferences, webcasts, and every quicksand pit set up by bottom-feeders. There is no true, made-to-fit consumer protection for this industry, and now you see the result of that shortcoming. Jeezus, when an industry webrag proclaiming itself to be THE news magazine of the industry fails to report true, relevant news, the pall of a huge, cynical joke is cast over that industry. Well my friend, I'm not laughing.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back