IT.COM

.info Is a DOT INFO worth ANYTHING?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
To start off, I have seen dot infos being sold for huge price before.

I just found a dot info that might worth something but since am relatively new at this biz, I need some advice.

The name am talking about is a one alphabet + one number domain name.

All other extensions have been snap up. But was lucky to get the dot info .ESTIBOT ...yes I know it's just a BOT lol

estimated this my dot info to be $18,000

So, Domain Names Gurus what do you think? Is a dot info worth anything?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Is it a dropped name sitting available or a name you are trying to backorder or win at auction, etc? If just sitting available, GoDaddy only charges 2.17 total for a single .INFO Hand Reg. I tend to feel, for a couple of bucks, can you really go wrong? But that's just me.

-Regards

•••
If I'm reading this right, you are describing a 2 character domain? As an example; 5p.info ?

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but I beleive these are all still reserved by the registry.

•••
If I'm reading this right, you are describing a 2 character domain? As an example; 5p.info ?

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but I beleive these are all still reserved by the registry.

afaik you are right. 3d.info appears to be free, but you cannot register it.

•••
•••
I am thinking he means single word or double word domains that have huge potential like marketing.info that recently went for $10,099

To get a huge price in .info is rare, certainly much rarer than in .com but you have a much higher chance to get hold of one because costs are kept relatively low.

Opening Poster, do what you want here but remember this, it MUST be a highly searched field with something truly special about it...there is no room whatsoever for mistakes with .info :)

•••
Just register the domain (if you can, but probably not possible) and find it out for yourself. Just costs you a few bucks.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back