Dynadot

interviews Interview With The Expert – Featuring Ali Zandi

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Ali-Zandi-Interview-with-the-expert.jpg

There are SO many things I can focus on at once in world of domain investing that I am stimulated enough to still maintain a loving interest in the business.

I put in an average of 16-20 hours +/- depending on the day.

If you already own a domain name, it won’t be your last, will it? If not, then experiment with selling it wherever you can.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
This is a great interview @Omar Negron
Your blog is fantastic!

•••
•••
Thanks for the nice interview. I'd like to ask to @Zandibot why he decided to start his business as a fund and not as a limited company like seem more common. What are the differences?
Thanks

•••
•••
•••
Thanks for the nice interview. I'd like to ask to @Zandibot why he decided to start his business as a fund and not as a limited company like seem more common. What are the differences?
Thanks

A fund isn't a corporate structure (i.e. LLC, S Corp, etc.).

•••
A fund isn't a corporate structure (i.e. LLC, S Corp, etc.).
Yes, but I've seen several Domainer going for the fund choice also if the bigger part go for a Ltd.. I've made some research on it but not so easy understand all the differences.. I think anyone in it could better enlight :)

Do you have a Ltd right?

•••
Yes, but I've seen several Domainer going for the fund choice also if the bigger part go for a Ltd.. I've made some research on it but not so easy understand all the differences.. I think anyone in it could better enlight :)

Do you have a Ltd right?

I have an S Corp and an LLC.

•••
•••
Why do you have an S Corp and an LLC? One for domain names and the other for web dev?

S Corp is for domaining and LLC is for the branding business.

•••
S Corp is for domaining and LLC is for the branding business.

Interesting, would have assumed it would be opposite. Why did you form 2 companies @Shane Bellone and not put everything under 1 business? Why did you choose S corp for domaining and LLC for your branding company? Where are the companies incorporated?

•••
Interesting, would have assumed it would be opposite. Why did you form 2 companies @Shane Bellone and not put everything under 1 business? Why did you choose S corp for domaining and LLC for your branding company? Where are the companies incorporated?

My domain business is incorporated in South Dakota and the branding business in Connecticut. I'm taking on employees so I have to be registered in that state that I work in. I chose an S Corp due to the corporate veil. Just wanted to protect myself from an angry end user.

•••
My domain business is incorporated in South Dakota and the branding business in Connecticut. I'm taking on employees so I have to be registered in that state that I work in. I chose an S Corp due to the corporate veil. Just wanted to protect myself from an angry end user.

Why did you choose South Dakota? I thought everyone inc. in Delaware, or Wyoming. :)

•••
Why did you choose South Dakota? I thought everyone inc. in Delaware, or Wyoming. :)

Delaware is for the Google's of the world. Wyoming is alright but South Dakota has business friendly courts and no state income tax.

•••
really nice questions i'm so interested in this field.
it is really rare to find informative post about people explaining how to approach domaining like a business

•••
really nice questions i'm so interested in this field.
it is really rare to find informative post about people explaining how to approach domaining like a business

Thanks! Glad you liked it. =)

-Omar

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back