NameSilo

interviews How to Sell Domain Names Like a Super Seller on @Flippa - With Ali Zandi @FlippaBrokerage

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DomainSherpa

DomainSherpa.comVIP Member
DomainSherpa.com
Impact
Ali Zandi entered the domain name industry as an investor in mid-2014. He started by purchasing 10 domain names and sold every single one within 30 days on Flippa.

He did such a good job, he moved from selling about $2,000 to $12,000 in a period of three months, was upgraded from "New" to "Super Seller" on Flippa, and was offered a newly created senior broker position at Flippa. (His sales are now $402,000 in the first 7 months.)

In this interview, Ali Zandi talks about who buys what types of domain names on Flippa, and walks us through his exact process for listing domain names for sale on Flippa.

http://www.domainsherpa.com/ali-zandi-flippa-interview/

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I just posted this in the comment section on DS but I'm wondering about your thoughts as well, namepros:

--------
I was planning out my strategy and I kind of have a bit of problem with the pricing on flippa vs the brokerage.

For example,

If i was selling a domain worth $3490.

It would cost me $349 for the premium listing, and I would have to give flippa 10% of the final price. So I'm giving flippa 20%! I'd lose $700 in this scenario.

If I used one of the brokers, I'd only be giving up 15%, get the same full listings, get your guys to promote it and find buyers, and only be giving up $530-ish.

So I have to pay more money to do more work!

If a domain sells for $7000, it ends up being the same 15% either way. But why would ANYONE list a domain themselves and give up more money?

Thoughts?

•••
Actually it does not work this way at all. In fact, unless you have a super premium domain that everyone wants, it is actually quite the opposite.

Flippa and other recognized domain market place, etc have built a nice little system where you can list your domains, list your own price while they provide you with the traffic. Keep in mind Flippa and other domain market place alike provides quality traffic and platform. These are not cheap and they too have a business to run.

Most Domain brokers on the other hand helps to sell premium domains and not any other "standard" domains.

This saying, it means that since majority of the people in the domain industry have "standard" domains, most brokers would not undertake the task of selling for you. The next best options are domain market place like Flippa, SEDO, Namerific, Brandbucket, AfterNic, etc. It is only fair that these places charge a price to keep their business running.

If you have a premium domain name that majority will like, then this would not be an issue in the first place. Whether you use a broker or a market place, people will want your domain.

Hope this clarifies a little from a third-party point of view.

Cheers

•••
•••
I'm not to being hypocrite here. just want to say Ali zandi is my idol!!!

•••
Ali Zandi entered the domain name industry as an investor in mid-2014. He started by purchasing 10 domain names and sold every single one within 30 days on Flippa.

He did such a good job, he moved from selling about $2,000 to $12,000 in a period of three months, was upgraded from "New" to "Super Seller" on Flippa, and was offered a newly created senior broker position at Flippa. (His sales are now $402,000 in the first 7 months.)

In this interview, Ali Zandi talks about who buys what types of domain names on Flippa, and walks us through his exact process for listing domain names for sale on Flippa.

http://www.domainsherpa.com/ali-zandi-flippa-interview/

Another great episode from Domain Sherpa! Thanks Michael and Ali! :)

•••
Another great show! Thanks For Sharing! :)

•••
Thanks guys, I appreciate the kind words! I am doing my best to respond to all the comments and emails, so bare with me :)

•••
•••
Thanks guys, I appreciate the kind words! I am doing my best to respond to all the comments and emails, so bare with me :)

Just wondering why domain investing took your fancy? What led you to the opportunity?

•••
@Beezy is asking interesting question. @Ali Zandi , your thoughts? Is the domain getting the same exposure if I use a broker instead of paying $350 premium listing fee?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back