NameSilo

.info .info are they worth it?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hello,
I am wondering if buying .info's hold any value? You dont see many sites being advertized comercilally with a .info.

If you can find a good one like coke.info, chanches are you might have to give it up as a trademarked name.

I know you can find them cheap and then domainhop or simular .....but again, will that ever turn a profit?

Any word of wisdom?
RickyG
www.mssupport.net

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
free info! are great...all names have value....you just need to find the correct enduser;)

•••
The best .info's are locations (ie. countries, stats, planets, cities, etc) :gl:

•••
redhippo said:
all names have value....you just need to find the correct enduser;)

Great summation to this very viable extention. As for more dot info examples in the mainstream, just wait a while.....it (.info) is still fresh in the the market (2yrs). Track back again in the next two.....it's amazing how the pendulam can swing, especially on the world wide web.

•••
.info are more popular in Germany and for fun business I mean for forums and information, tourism etc...They can hardly be used for business/commercial puposes.
For eg. www.idealhost.info sounds a weird name for a hosting company....Even idealhost.biz is better.....But .info's are getting popular and they would be here to stay for much time now

•••
Interesting...didnt think about the future and what has happened in the past in the .com world...
THANKS!

•••
.info definitely is a powerful extension with a bright future. It's a very versatile extension that actually makes sense, unlike .biz.

•••
Grab those .infos and let them know you appreciate them.

•••
Anthony said:
.info definitely is a powerful extension with a bright future. It's a very versatile extension that actually makes sense, unlike .biz.
lol .biz is cheesy as, but i hope that .info will take off after that free info saga.

•••
IMHO, .infos will undoubtedly come into their own.. particularly those that spotlight sites with actual info. I think regional domains will be best.

I recently regged bransontourist.info and bransonshowtimes.info.. I think those will be good, developed.

I also got craftmarket.info.. such as nebraska.craftmarket.info, etc.

•••
.info would definitely shine any time soon in the future. The best feature of .info is the very fast DNS update, usually only took me 6 hours to change name server.

•••
Oh - YES - they will catch on.

•••
i won't buy them now though, I will wait till sept next year

•••
First off, you can get some for free, secondly there are a good numer of speculators who do not believe in the ext so you can get some good names cheap. List on SEDO best place to sell .info's. Good Luck

•••
I love my .infos get some good ones while they last

•••
Worth it if they are free!!

See www.1Dni.com. Get 25 .info's free, no credit card needed. They will issue you a"rin" number to use in place of the credit card number!! I got mine! 8^X

•••
if they are free, why not

•••
•••
•••
Binfus said:
Nicely done! :tu:

If this is your site, I'd change the header background to a more Branson looking image though :imho: the sunset/sailboat thing looks too not Branson.

•••
westblock said:
Nicely done! :tu:

If this is your site, I'd change the header background to a more Branson looking image though :imho: the sunset/sailboat thing looks too not Branson.

Thanks to you and dgridley for the compliments. Although one of the attractions of Branson area is Table Rock Lake recreational area. I agree its not what Branson is really known for. I will check to see if a different header could be done without too much $$.

•••
Greetings!

.info domains are suited for, well, information websites! :) Although the common domains are .coms, I believe that .infos can do well if properly managed.

:)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back