IT.COM

question When is the .info drop time?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I've looked and all I can find are different times. I don't know if you want to tell me, but any help on this would be appreciated! Thank you!

If you feel more comfortable, you could DM me the drop time?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
Unless you are an accredited registrar,
.info, like many other extensions nowdays, will be caught by the registrars first (domains enter the so called 'drop zone').
So, it doesn't really matter what the real drop time is since 100% of the time some registrar will catch a valuable domain before you have the time to do anything.

Best thing to do is to place a backorder with a cheap BO service (eg. SAV) and keep monitoring the domain during the day until it gets out of the drop zone (I think that's around 15:00 UTC) just in case the BO service neglects to catch it (domains that have multiple backorders have priority so single backorders sometimes get neglected)

•••
Unless you are an accredited registrar,
.info, like many other extensions nowdays, will be caught by the registrars first (domains enter the so called 'drop zone').
So, it doesn't really matter what the real drop time is since 100% of the time some registrar will catch a valuable domain before you have the time to do anything.

Best thing to do is to place a backorder with a cheap BO service (eg. SAV) and keep monitoring the domain during the day until it gets out of the drop zone (I think that's around 15:00 UTC) just in case the BO service neglects to catch it (domains that have multiple backorders have priority so single backorders sometimes get neglected)
Thank you Hypersot! How long does it stay in the "drop zone"?

•••
@Krane65 ,
Is it important to you to know the exact amount of time that it stays in the drop-zone? I'm asking because I'm not sure the exact number.
Domain should switch at around 00:00 UTC and then, as I mentioned earlier, will get out at around 15:00 UTC.. so, 15 hours? Those are very rough approximates though.

Honestly, it would help if you shared with us what you are trying to achieve.

•••
@Krane65 ,
Is it important to you to know the exact amount of time that it stays in the drop-zone? I'm asking because I'm not sure the exact number.
Domain should switch at around 00:00 UTC and then, as I mentioned earlier, will get out at around 15:00 UTC.. so, 15 hours? Those are very rough approximates though.

Honestly, it would help if you shared with us what you are trying to achieve.
I was going to try and register freeserver.info but it never dropped.

•••
Thanks for that.

Domain should drop tomorrow. Depending upon the amount you want to pay for it, best chances are with SAV and then Dynadot (cheapest options).

You can try with Catched.com but they advertise the backorders so more people will place a BO when they see it. That's also a viable option on the cheapest side.

•••
Thanks for that.

Domain should drop tomorrow. Depending upon the amount you want to pay for it, best chances are with SAV and then Dynadot (cheapest options).

You can try with Catched.com but they advertise the backorders so more people will place a BO when they see it. That's also a viable option on the cheapest side.
Thank you Hypersot for your time!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back