NameSilo

Inbound domainers started with outbound?

Labeled as discuss in Domain Buying and Selling Discussion, started by abstractdomainer, Sep 12, 2020

Replies:
Views:

1. abstractdomainer

abstractdomainer Upgraded Member Gold Account

For full-time inbound domainers, did you start with outbound and then later acquired names that sold by themselves, or did you actually start with inbound in mind?

Because creating a portfolio that sells by itself takes both, a lot of time and a lot of money investment (of course, the skills too).

Did you actually start with a lot of money (say $5,000 or more) and say, 2-5 years time-frame in mind, before you actually got a decent return?
    Because being an inbound domainer from the beginning seems too good to be true!

So, what's your story?

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. abstractdomainer

abstractdomainer Upgraded Member Gold Account

Any thoughts on this?

3. FolioTeam

FolioTeam AMDB.tv VIP

Never "outbounded" in my life. Not even when I registered those crappy 50 names my first day of domaining. Luckily, my first sale then was an inbound sale so I guess that pretty much cemented my stance on inbound vs outbound.

Thought about it once but never took a bite. Never got the outbound fever. The way I saw it, it just wasn't worth the effort I see people put into it. And apparently, you need to have a lot of time on your hands to make something meaningful out of outbounding.

I buy. I wait. I sell maybe 3-5 names (out of a portfolio of 170/180) a year. That suits me better.

I just don't want to put all that energy for low to mid xxx names.

4. Jurgen Wolf

Jurgen Wolf Top Contributor VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Inbound from the beginning.
    Tried email outbound in the past with almost zero results and stopped this practice.
    Nowadays I very rarely send emails and only regarding EMDs.

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
Topics / Tags:
biix
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice