NameSilo

Just Closed my First Outbound Sale

Labeled as sales in Domain Buying and Selling Discussion started by dande, Mar 6, 2019.

Replies:
Views:

1. Jv1999

Jv1999 Spamming Exo: Dark Merc of the Exo-Tower VIP

Lol, but is it illegal on np to outbound via DM? I never tried, but If illegal, then it's pretty biased. Because if u get an inbound offer for a domain, and u report it... I'm not sure they'd even care. Trying to sell = spam, trying to buy = golden

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. dande

dande UNNATURE.COM VIP

Imagine selling liquid 4L.com domain names at reseller price, you contacted a guy whose name clearly reads **D Investors, and boom - he reported you to the moderators? :xf.grin::xf.grin:

While contacting someone on here may be illegal as per Namepros rules, I see the reporting as a clear case of not living by ones own rules. You can do outbounding to a total stranger, but you can't accept same from a fellow domainer.

3. Jv1999

Jv1999 Spamming Exo: Dark Merc of the Exo-Tower VIP

It's okay. If he contacts you asking to buy 4Ls cheap now, then just report him for unsolicited spam.

4. EbookLover

EbookLover Top Member VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Meh, this is the same BS that's going on in another thread right now. Lots of people think that all unsolicited commercial email is spam, but that is, in fact, by law (US Law anyway) not true.

Americans, especially, as so uptight when it comes to capitalism and commerce.

UUUUUUUUUUUUGHH!!!

HE A SPAAAAAAMMMMAAAAAAAWWWW!!!!!

HE.A.SPAAAAAAAMMMMMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWW!!!!!

[​IMG]

5. keston57

keston57 Established Member

Hi, @dande, congrats on your sales, as for being reported by those you contacted that is what makes out bounding difficult. You contact somebody who definitely needs what you are selling and they take offense and you start wondering what you have done wrong, nothing, that's just the way the cookie crumbles, just move on.

6. dande

dande UNNATURE.COM VIP

Yeah, I feel nothing negative about is. Just mentioned it as the reason I have been reluctant about outbound marketing. Thanks buddy!

7. Avijit Roy

Avijit Roy Member VIP

8. topdom

topdom Established Member

Getting a reply to an email is more difficult than making a million dollar, or completing a marathon, or building muscles, or solving difficult problems; because it is supposed to be done by others, and you have no control over it. Tricking others into replying your email: just doesn't work. Ignoring is so enjoyable. But if you have some special social skills (ssss) then it may work. Once you get a reply, then selling is easy.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2019
  9. BrandFactory

BrandFactory New Member

Congratulations for selling this domain :D

10. saintpro

saintpro Upgraded Member Gold Account

Congratulations on your outbound sale.

11. Sumeeth

Sumeeth DomExpert VIP

Congrats!

Name sold pls?

Thanks,

12. saintpro

saintpro Upgraded Member Gold Account

Lol..., didnt know that it is illegal to do transactions on PM. Just today someone asked me to make an offer on PM. Glad i didnt.

13. sharastar

sharastar Established Member

Congrats @dande on your first outbound sale.1st of the many to come all the best (y)

14. sharastar

Simple and sound advise thank you @BaileyUK

15. sharastar

Yes its all about optimizing and doing what's best for the domain we have.Also getting the best bang for the buck for the value our domain provides to the buyers(mostly endusers).As some might sell with Inbound offers and some might need outbounding sales.

16. Zakharia Rand

Zakharia Rand Established Member

Congratulations

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
NameWorth
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice