Dynadot

discuss Imitate☺ DomainMarket.com aka Mike Mann

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

ThatNameGuy

Top Member
Impact
I can't tell you how many times i'm playing the "hand reg" game and I run into Mike Mann's DomainMarket.com

Just this evening I check to see if HighOnTech.com is availabe? No, but If i wanted it bad enough I could buy it from Mike Mann's DomainMarket.com for $59,888. Mike's registered it continually since 2000.

Having recently discovered the .io I checked to see if HighOnTech.io was available and it is. So what to do?

It turns out that .io sometimes is just as cool for tech companies as the .com. Keep in mind I said "sometimes".

The point of this thread has to do with imitating another domainer/domain? A friend of mine is one of the top realtors in my market where waterfront property is like a "premium" domain, and just as rare. When my buddy came to town 25 years ago he looked up the #1 realtor in town and decided to imitate him....no shit. As it turns out my buddy and John Savino are probably the two top realtors out of a thousand realtors. My buddy even drove the same car as John, but I believe he has the bigger boat to show real estate.

Will I buy HighOnTech.io? If it were just $8.50 like available .coms, I'd own it in a heartbeat, but because it's $30 and I don't have Mike Mann's money I may hold off a day or two. Like with other domains like this i don't intend to sit back and hold them for the next 20 years like Mike. That said however, I want to "Be Like Mike" in other ways.

Anyone you model yourself after? I'm sort of my own guy, but I like to follow and associate with winners. How about you?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back