Dynadot

poll If you had exactly $2000 to spend on one thing today, what would you invest in?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

If you had exactly $2000 to spend today, what would you invest in?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • 1 Premium 4L.com

votes
    34.5%
  • 10 Premium 4L.net

votes
    20.0%
  • 1-2 Premium 5N.com

votes
    18.2%
  • 10 Premium 6N.com

votes
    10.9%
  • 25-100 Premium Repeating 5L.com

vote
    1.8%
  • 200 Reg fee - 5L.com

votes
    5.5%
  • 200 Reg fee - 7N.com 8N.com

votes
    0.0%
  • 200 Reg fee - Premium 9N+.com

votes
    0.0%
  • reg fee/low price - 4N/4L other extension

votes
    9.1%
  • reg fee/low price - 5N/6N other extension

votes
    0.0%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

If you had exactly $2000 to spend on one thing today, what would you invest in?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Nice poll. I went for the "premium 4L.com", but let see what the consensus say.

•••
•••
I would buy 29 $69 .coms at NJ or Snap or some for a few hundred each.

Something like spending 2k on 1 Premium 4L.com, don't think there is really much more room to go up, with the real possibility of going back down.

29 $69 .coms vs. 1 4L.com. I'm sure if we looked a few years down the road those $69 .coms will be a better investment.

I think it's about where you get in at. With 4L .coms, if you got them early on, you're loving life right now. If you're trying to get in now, at that price, good possibility of sad days ahead.

Last edited:
•••
•••
I would buy 29 $69 .coms at NJ or Snap or some for a few hundred each.

Something like spending 2k on 1 Premium 4L.com, don't think there is really much more room to go up, with the real possibility of going back down.

Yea... I should have added the option for backorders, brandables, and keywords... But I was thinking more along the lines of main/new trends when I made the poll.

•••
Is it me or yiu disnt add any dictionary words?

I would spend on a solid dictionary word. That is a value that you cant go wrong with.

My second option would be 10 premium 6 N domains.

•••
Renew my best domains and wait till this new TLD madness implodes. I believe new TLDs are sucking a lot of cash away from mainstream extensions (domainer to domainer sales have plummeted as a result).

•••
20 premium 5N.co or 10 premium 4N.co- my predicitons is that price will be doubled in few monthes and .co is becoming very popular

•••
I would hunt the season sales of English domains… especially that almost everyone have forgot about classic domaining lately!!

•••
Will buy few of premium new gtld. Especially verb 1 english generic word.

•••
Would register 200 brandables.

•••
no way other then 4L.com CHIPS ;)

if you have any for sale tell me pls

•••
"1-2 Premium 5N.com"

Based on the current market, premium 5N.com sold for $4k++ :xf.cool:

With $2k budget, you can only buy 1-2 non-premium 5N.com :P:xf.grin:

•••
Since I'm assuming this money comes in as extra to my budget I'd definitely go for the less is more approach.Buy a couple of premium domains and work hard to onsell them for at least twice their purchase price. Definitely the most efficient way to spend 2k

•••
Buy 10 domains diversified across hand reg., drops and premiums you can get a decent price on. Stick to something you know. Keep at least $500 and develop one of the domains into an ongoing site that you can grow into a money making investment.

•••
Interesting...

So far:
  1. 1 Premium 4L.com
    17 vote(s)
    36.2%
  2. 1-2 Premium 5N.com
    10 vote(s)
    21.3%
  3. 10 Premium 4L.net
    9 vote(s)
    19.1%
With the rest lagging far behind. Looks like people are not putting much faith past 4L or 5N. Or at the least would prefer to be conservative with their investment.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back