Spaceship
Watch

frank-germany

domainer since 2001 / musicianTop Member
Impact
I wonder why the parking revenue has declined for so many people here
for me its only 30% of what it was 2 years ago
- decline 70% -

in google adwords - those campaigns have become very expensive in the same time frame - so I would expect the revenue to rise - but it declines

is the true for you too?
what do you think may be the reason?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
I wonder if anyone in this forum still making above $50 a day?

Probably there are. Hey, I earned 20 cents today and am on target to crack $10 (USD) this month! :-/

•••
•••
september was worst month since I started in 2001
yesterday income fell below previously unseen $1 usd

Like I said, its a black box. Not sure exactly what happens inside. There is no independent auditing of figures to ensure all figures are accurate, etc. I doubt this will change. In the end, selling domains is much more lucrative - IMO.

•••
deleted

Attachments

• upload_2016-9-26_17-27-19.png
    upload_2016-9-26_17-27-19.png
    36 KB · Views: 194
Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
LOL. My CTR rate is dismal 1.90%

Screenshot_5.png

•••
Has not affected much...

•••
"Payouts are low because they were able to get away with it. But that has long-term consequences as that traffic that used to go to parking evaporates and starts going to more productive places. Parking is stale and has not innovated in many years. It is what it is. It probably won’t get any better. And like everything else you will keep seeing more and more mergers and consolidation. I went from parking almost 100% of my domains to less than 5%. I can’t sleep at night giving away valuable traffic for a fraction of a penny. I would rather spit it into the ocean first."

Rick Schwartz

Who's Rick Schwartz?

•••
Who's Rick Schwartz?

just a guy who wanted a domain so badly that he offered a german guy
who didn't want to sell a domain
$150K USD
in order to convince him
he had to fly to germany

- in 1997 or so

http://www.ricksblog.com/

upload_2016-10-5_17-39-27.png

and yes sold it latey for $8 thousand k USD

so to answer your question:
a visionary

Last edited:
•••
just a guy who wanted a domain so badly that he offered a german guy
who didn't want to sell a domain
$150K USD
in order to convince him
he had to fly to germany

- in 1997 or so

and yes sold it latey for $8 thousand k USD

so to answer your question:
a visionary

Legendary.Which domain can be worth $8,000,000?

•••
•••
•••
Yes, reg. fee. But I have also good experience with domains with backlinks. Sure majority of big ones get backordered, but 50% of them for SEO purposes, there are sometimes domains overlooked with low to moderate CPC that bring revenue. There has to be 1 more metric (not visible in expireddomains parameters) to actually purchase the name ;) But normally I sort them by CPC.

how much did the domain earn so far?

•••
•••
A bit out of topicc decades80 using Uniregistry is there a way display income per domain instead or aggregated income?

•••
@thegeekguy - annoying isn't it. I'm still using the old DomainNameSales system to pull in stats on a per domain basis. If they added this to Uniregistry (or if I could figure out how to do it) I'd be able to drop the old platform entirely. I'm due a call from one of their staff members later today & will ask them.

•••
No backlinks, just type in traffic.

what was the approximate CPC? I think if you want $50 clicks you need at least $250 CPC or something like that, right?

•••
I'm not doing very well from using parking services, so I'm starting to build mini-sites to see how I get on managing it myself. I've only got around 100 names at the moment, so it's probably manageable.

I plan to use Google as a primary source of revenue, and the sites will be photo and/or video galleries, blogs, radio sites etc. Is anyone else planning to manage their own parking?

I thought of something like that, too. I had/have some (normal) websites running, but they quite often requires regular content updates.

•••
what was the approximate CPC? I think if you want $50 clicks you need at least $250 CPC or something like that, right?
right

•••
•••
I want to buy Voodoo Takermo senior account

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back