Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

frank-germany

domainer since 2001 / musicianTop Member
Impact
I wonder why the parking revenue has declined for so many people here
for me its only 30% of what it was 2 years ago
- decline 70% -

in google adwords - those campaigns have become very expensive in the same time frame - so I would expect the revenue to rise - but it declines

is the true for you too?
what do you think may be the reason?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
before we -the users- start our assumptions I think it's important to make the parking services *admit* that there is a problem out there.

None that I have spoken with, from any parking services that I use, recognise the existence of an issue; they all reply the same, as in "we haven't noticed any decline during blah blah period"

Since parking is not transparent and since the guys that are between us and the payers don't admit anything, how are we going to even begin assuming?

I'd love to hear any opinions on the matter since my brain -after quite some time trying to figure that issue out- apparently has reached its limits :)

•••
You would think so but just cause they make more don't mean they have to give more.

•••
Same problem to me.
decline 50% :(

•••
In 2014 my average monthly parking revenue was $300+. In 2016 I'm averaging about $100 a month.

•••
I'm on a roll so I won't complain.. it was 10 cents per month in 2015.. it's $10 /month now.

jk.

it is hardly a roll at all... and I too would be curious to know how much park companies like PC bodis voodoo make each time I get paid 30 cents per day. ty.

Last edited:
•••
This year my first 3 months in parking, $30, Average $10 per month, more than 50% of my revenue came up from one single domain, overall i might slowly remove the websites from parking as i think developing will be a much better idea, only problem is more time required for that.

•••
It's almost the same for me...

•••
Let's see. Online ad spending has been increasing exponentially in recent years. Google is still printing money (mostly from ad revenue). Media.net (a glorified parking co?) just sold for a close to 1 billion.

Maybe the title should be:
Is parking for suckers?

•••
Would be interesting to know how much of your traffic is switching to mobile, because on mobile they may not want to click on ads, or they may not see them if using ad-blockers or if the ads are flash-based or if the pages load too slowly.

•••
The answer is because Google got greedy and advertisers don't value traffic from domains as much as they used to.

If you wanted customers for your business, would you want traffic from visitors ending up on random domains by accident/curiosity (most of the time) or from Google's search pages? If you're a smart businessperson, you want the latter: traffic from visitors on Google actually looking for things. Traffic from domains doesn't convert as well as it used to either.

Parking revenue on all domains will go to $0 eventually. Traffic won't go to 0, but revenue will. Focus on domain sales. Get out of parking.

•••
If you wanted customers for your business, would you want traffic from visitors ending up on random domains by accident/curiosity (most of the time) or from Google's search pages? If you're a smart businessperson, you want the latter: traffic from visitors on Google actually looking for things. Traffic from domains doesn't convert as well as it used to either..

What you say above implies that visitors arrive at the parked pages from backlinks only.
My traffic is more or less evenly spread as in backlinks, past bookmarks/type-in, searches

Visitors arriving at my pages *are* looking for something otherwise we wouldn't have searches in said pages... not to mention the clicks

I'm not disagreeing there, I'm just making sure we're talking about the same things

I also believe that parking revenue will end in zero eventually btw.

•••
•••
The answer is because Google got greedy and advertisers don't value traffic from domains as much as they used to.

If you wanted customers for your business, would you want traffic from visitors ending up on random domains by accident/curiosity (most of the time) or from Google's search pages? If you're a smart businessperson, you want the latter: traffic from visitors on Google actually looking for things. Traffic from domains doesn't convert as well as it used to either.

Parking revenue on all domains will go to $0 eventually. Traffic won't go to 0, but revenue will. Focus on domain sales. Get out of parking.

that may be true

I think I remember a check on/off in google adwords
where you ca define if you want to allow traffic from parked pages

can somebody confirm ?

Last edited:
•••

good info.
there isn't imo much to get out of however, becasue by parking you're not really in anything to begin with. your just point dns and go away. good thing about parking is that it doesn't require much focusing at all. mostly zero. plus on a good company, a nice sale banner is there too.. so you're about as good as a sale lander only. covered on all fronts I guess.. a 2 in 1 deal... so just leave it be...

•••
For me, the biggest problem with parking is the great uncertainty of the value of each click, I had clicks that weren't worth absolutely nothing and others are worth more than $ 1 per click ... but just the parking companies know the actual value and they dont share... one thing I'm sure, parking companies get almost all the juice.

•••
For me, the biggest problem with parking is the great uncertainty of the value of each click, I had clicks that weren't worth absolutely nothing and others are worth more than $ 1 per click ... but just the parking companies know the actual value and they dont share... one thing I'm sure, parking companies get almost all the juice.

agreed!
and even the bigger problem is that there is nothing we can do to even know accurately their slice of profit on each slice we get paid.. let alone to change that slice of their profit!

•••
one thing I'm sure, parking companies get almost all the juice.

unless you know something we don't, I'm not so sure about that

that's why I mentioned in the beginning of the thread that, before we assume anything, we need to know more about how the 'middlemen' work (ie. the parking companies)

In my mind the parking companies work like a much bigger domaineer that handles the traffic and earnings of smaller domaineers by keeping a small % .

again, if you have dome data on how much the parking companies get.. please share :)

•••

that's why I mentioned in the beginning of the thread that, before we assume anything, we need to know more about how the 'middlemen' work (ie. the parking companies)

In my mind the parking companies work like a much bigger domaineer that handles the traffic and earnings of smaller domaineers by keeping a small % .

again, if you have dome data on how much the parking companies get.. please share :)
I have no previleged info, but my radar of suspicion get activated when I get 4 clicks and zero revenue, they are offering free services? I gess not...

Don't get the idea that I'm agains parking companies, I'm not at all, they do almost all the work and I just sit and whait, but something are just a bit strange...

•••

I don't think anyone here is disputing the fact that you or i or the other person do not know what slice they are getting.

threfore you saying they get small slice or me saying they are getting bigger slice is of equal truth and value as opinion or statement. and you would be equally bound to provide data to support yours as anyone else to support theirs.

•••
I have no previleged info, but my radar of suspicion get activated when I get 4 clicks and zero revenue, they are offering free services? I gess not...

Don't get the idea that I'm agains parking companies, I'm not at all, they do almost all the work and I just sit and whait, but something are just a bit strange...

indeed something is strange. I have a lot of examples to prove that.

all I'm saying is that, what is being done with our traffic we don't know, but I don't think they get the biggest slice of our earnings

•••
I don't think anyone here is disputing the fact that you or i or the other person do not know what slice they are getting.

threfore you saying they get small slice or me saying they are getting bigger slice is of equal truth and value as opinion or statement. and you would be equally bound to provide data to support yours as anyone else to support theirs.

That's the base of a healthy discussion... I'm not sure why are you bringing this up

•••

no one is against anyone. its not what this talk is about.
this talk is about no one knowing what slice they are getting and everyone wanting to know.

Last edited:
•••
That's the base of a healthy discussion... I'm not sure why are you bringing this up

i am bringing it up because you seemed to have misunderstood it.
or if I misunderstood that you misunderstood it, then i bring it up to make sure the next person after you does not misunderstand it.

•••
no one is against anyone. its not what this talk is about.
this talk is about no one knowing what slice they are getting and everyone wanting to know.

True.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back