Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

frank-germany

domainer since 2001 / musicianTop Member
Impact
I wonder why the parking revenue has declined for so many people here
for me its only 30% of what it was 2 years ago
- decline 70% -

in google adwords - those campaigns have become very expensive in the same time frame - so I would expect the revenue to rise - but it declines

is the true for you too?
what do you think may be the reason?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Would be interesting to know how much of your traffic is switching to mobile, because on mobile they may not want to click on ads, or they may not see them if using ad-blockers or if the ads are flash-based or if the pages load too slowly.

The slow page loading is significant because if the pages load slowly people give up on them - so a page view is counted but the persion sees only part of the page or even nothing at all.

If the ads load slowly or later the user may never see them.

Google Adsense can be used on the new AMP html pages they want people to create https://www.ampproject.org/ - these Accelerated Mobile Pages can load really fast.

So the question is, are parking pages/companies really optimised for mobile? Are they going to create AMP pages?

•••
I think the decrease in Share revenue could be the biggest factor this year.
I used to have recession proof keyword that were medical related getting consistent clicks above $5 to $15 now getting bellow $1 per click.

Even Domain Sherpa has an article if domain parking still works for most people:
http://www.domainsherpa.com/does-domain-name-parking-still-work-today/

•••
I have changed the settings for this domain to manually show
a 1 click lander.

for me a 1click lander is a lander where the visitor sees a lot of ads straight away

this is not happening on that domain
but I see a "further links" section having an (1) image add at the right hand column

using a 2 step lander
may lead to a keyword with lower payouts
depending on the choice of the visitor

what is you experience?
1 click versus 2 click
not in terms of CTR%
but CPC payout

does anybody here have a classical 1click lander
and which company is offering that?

•••
My traffic is more or stable,but I noticed CPC has tanked...even @ my fav parking company.something's surely up and off.nice thread btw.

•••
•••
those are the stats from 4 different parking companies

at the moment I stick with parkingcrew
but that may change any moment

•••
those are the stats from 4 different parking companies

at the moment I stick with parkingcrew
but that may change any moment
whats your second choice to parkingcrew?

•••
•••
•••
I think the decrease in Share revenue could be the biggest factor this year.
I used to have recession proof keyword that were medical related getting consistent clicks above $5 to $15 now getting bellow $1 per click.

Even Domain Sherpa has an article if domain parking still works for most people:
http://www.domainsherpa.com/does-domain-name-parking-still-work-today/

I think domains with high paying keywords, country of traffic, play a part too.
I have these two names with extremely varied traffic yet the one with low traffic beats the other in income.

Here is the data from past 30 days.

Domain Uniques Click CTR RPC RPM REVENUE

Name 1 6 5 83.33% $ 6.15 $ 5,123.33 $ 30.74
Name 2 3,277 330 10.07% $ 0.05 $ 5.25 $ 17.19

•••
why not bring here Donny or Matt or other parking services rep and ask to them in public?
what do you think guys?

•••
I wonder why the parking revenue has declined for so many people here
what do you think may be the reason?

I am afraid that the answer to your question may be elusive. The entire process is like a black box - traffic goes in, earnings come out. But what happens inside is confusing.

I do think that the entire process inside the box is very fluid. Advertisers are bidding on keywords and those bids fluctuate. Perhaps the bids are higher one day than the next but our traffic just isnt clicking on the high-bid days? Maybe its more like luck? Depending on the keyword the fluctuation may be great from day to day or it may seem stable from day to day. Thats my guess. It all confuses the heck out of me now. Back in 2004-2006 I was earning nearly $1000 a month with 800 domains. Most of those domains were crap. Now I am earning, lets see, so far in September $2.60 over the past 12 days with a little over 400 domains.

One question I do have is - why is it that when I switch parking companies, the first weeks to first couple of months are the best performing months, and then revenue drops like a rock? Its like the domains have worn out their welcome.

One thing that has remained constant over the past 12 years or so is that there always seems to be a new bottom when I thought I was scraping bottom already. :-/

•••
parkingcrew told me yesterday:
- so they do care ;) -

(translation by google)
Incidentally, you are not the only one who is dissatisfied with the revenue these days. The Revenue is generally lower at the moment. This can be most likely attributed to seasonal factors. We are in the late summer, people are on vacation, there are fewer campaigns available and the click prices tend to be lower. We are, of course it strives to generate as much revenue as possible for our customers and also in their own interest. It is probably not your templates or keywords. We expect that sales should increase again in the coming months.

original:

Im übrigen sind Sie nicht der einzige der mit der Revenue dieser Tage unzufrieden ist. Die Revenue ist im Moment generell niedriger. Das kann man höchstwahrscheinlich auf saisonale Gründe zurückführen. Wir befinden uns im Spätsommer, Leute sind im Urlaub, es sind weniger Kampagnen erhältlich und auch die Klickpreise sind tendenziell niedriger. Wir sind selbstverständlich daran bemüht soviel Umsatz zu generieren wie nur möglich, für unsere Kunden und natürlich auch aus Eigeninteresse. Es liegt wohl eher nicht an Ihren Templates oder Keywords. Wir gehen davon aus, dass die Umsätze wieder die kommenden Monate steigen sollten.

•••
I dont have enough time in my belt, but what is odd to me, is how the same domain with the same stats, can make 50 cents one day / (no change next) name 1 dollar / then make 0.00 for 3 days then make 50 etc. It seems pretty shifty.

I feel like the sad truth with parking companies, is that they are the writers of their own destiny. If they ever have to report red / hypothetically they can just lower payout rate for the entire platform (even if just for one day) and boom, they have recouped any losses they might have though were coming their way. Its kind of like if you work in a restaraunt and get tipped out by the bartender / waiters. If the bartender gets a 100 dollar tip, but got a speeding ticket that month, they can throw the 100 in their pocket / and act like it was never tipped, and since theres no physical data on tips, the bus boy is none the wiser. (I wish this wasnt the case cause parking seems like it used to be great)

•••
(translation by google)

Wow - Google translate has come a damn long way! I wish i knew it actually forms fluent rules people dont pick up on. could have helped a ton in spanish class this past summer. =)

•••
I dont have enough time in my belt, but what is odd to me, is how the same domain with the same stats, can make 50 cents one day / (no change next) name 1 dollar / then make 0.00 for 3 days then make 50 etc. It seems pretty shifty.

I feel like the sad truth with parking companies, is that they are the writers of their own destiny. If they ever have to report red / hypothetically they can just lower payout rate for the entire platform (even if just for one day) and boom, they have recouped any losses they might have though were coming their way. Its kind of like if you work in a restaraunt and get tipped out by the bartender / waiters. If the bartender gets a 100 dollar tip, but got a speeding ticket that month, they can throw the 100 in their pocket / and act like it was never tipped, and since theres no physical data on tips, the bus boy is none the wiser. (I wish this wasnt the case cause parking seems like it used to be great)

no they never would do so

especiall not when they buy other parking companies
because they know that they can survive only

when we continue to send them traffic

so they have a vital interest in giving us a good reason to stay with them

.. but on the other hand ..
they are rich by now...
who knows how much they care...

•••
Im not saying they are trying to sabatoge us. but think about it. Like you stated. - Imagine if company 1 could buy a private shop parking service for 100 thousand dollars.

It is not illegal for them to shift their profit share from say 50 / 80 for a few days and make that hundred thousand / with nothing different on their part.

Im not saying they are greedy, i am looking at it from a business perspective.

@frank-germany

•••
And yes like you mentioned also , - too big to fail. think about what they do at this point. They provide support and thats it. They dont really do much else, they have the interface. They have the coded part down. They have the contacts with ad providers already made. ... Within these four pages, i can venture a guess that they have recieved over 1 million hits in the history of everyones accounts who have posted...

They have no overhead, purely profit, so when they want to buy their competitors out of the industry, how do you think they can make a little bit more money?

•••
Im not saying they are trying to sabatoge us. but think about it. Like you stated. - Imagine if company 1 could buy a private shop parking service for 100 thousand dollars.

It is not illegal for them to shift their profit share from say 50 / 80 for a few days and make that hundred thousand / with nothing different on their part.

Im not saying they are greedy, i am looking at it from a business perspective.

no

as you never know whom you will scare away

that 1 person may become a major player and
he may take it personal
what you done to him
( I definetely would )

just think of it
that would be stupid

•••
But as this post has already stated... They already have. we have a guy that was making 1000 a month a few years ago, and has made 2 dollars this month...

The issue at hand is the trust factor. You dont know what is happening. I know for a fact that i have domains that have 10 - 20 clicks on particular days and not even make a cent? I know google does not work at that level, even for the crappiest niche, from the crappiest type of traffic.

•••
But as this post has already stated... They already have. we have a guy that was making 1000 a month a few years ago, and has made 2 dollars this month...

The issue at hand is the trust factor. You dont know what is happening. I know for a fact that i have domains that have 10 - 20 clicks on particular days and not even make a cent? I know google does not work at that level, even for the crappiest niche, from the crappiest type of traffic.

yes its indeed strange to see a domain getting 0.01 cent clicks after 0.64 cent clicks
and that not only once but regularily interchanging
having all traffic ( more or less all typein ) coming from germany
having a 1 tier advertiser

and beeing a misspelling
so type in is naturally happening

•••
maybe we as domainers should join forces and build a new parking company

•••
no - no good idea
when I would build a parking company
I would probably become a second volkswagen

I would think of a feature that I could switch on/off
that does all kind of strange things with traffic coming in

so I could silently
redirect traffic to another account
just a little drip once in a while

-no better I don't do that
as that would probably be illegal

or I would have the statistics manipulated
just reporting lower numbers once in a while
-only rarely -
so everbody would think
thats just normal fluctuation

best I invent a percentage randomiser
so it will become normal for payout to fluctuate

would that be illegal?
no I dont think so
as I would be reporting your share only
and that is truly your share

and I would never report any data
about what is the percentage of our share
as then even this would eventually become illegal too

so I better don't build a parking company

Last edited:
•••
if you want to get a feeling of your percentage
go and buy traffic from the parking companies

I bet you will be surprised

•••
parkingcrew told me yesterday:
- so they do care ;) -

(translation by google)

original:
Not a great reply second my opinion as it seem that we are in "summer season" by more than 12 months.

People here want to know why RPC are constantly decreasing. We are not experiencing this only from June 2016...

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back