Dynadot

advice I think I messed up my first enduser sale

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Established Member
Impact
anyone had this happen to them

received a $7500 offer on my lander I responded back accepting the offer
he texted/emailed saying he wanted the domain badly and would call me the following day! he never did.

I checked the other ext they regged the .net.co.org.us.tech and .io not heard anything from them since.
the enduser looks to be a big corp and was the ceo who msged me.
should I remove my lander in case of (udrp) looks like they will use other ext now

was jumping around had spent the money in my head on gifts but in reality I couldn't close

really disappointed with myself

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I think you renew your domain for 2 or 3 years. Let's see what happens next.

No, I disagree, that's an unnecessary reactionary response - unless the domain is up for renewal. If the foundations of an offer look good (as this seller has determined) then don't over react

Last edited:
•••
Sorry duplicate post/reply

Last edited:
•••
I think they probably will come back to finalize with you.

One thing I do is, end calls with a clear follow up. Let them know an expiration date on their option.

Meaning, "How much time do you need to finalize the purchase? Normally <10 days or whatever> is enough but if you need more time let's arrange that now".

This way, it's clear. No sense in wondering, just be straight. This is business.

•••
If they get back in contact and offer your a lower price, tell them another $1,000 has just been added onto the original asking price.

That should show them who's boss and get the deal pushed through 👌

•••
Genuine buyers do sometimes act with over enthusiasm. It's not that the offer that isn't good, just the person handling/making it can be

Last edited:
•••
I don't say 'thank you' until funds are in escrow.
i saw this on a post also
just say deal done, my asking price is a bit higher but you caught me at a good time. you can proceed to set up an escrow transaction so that you can receive the domain

Also, 'ok' is better than 'yes' if you do accept first offer with no counter.

•••
I wrote

thank you for the offer I accept

we can close via escrow.com

they have taken the social media accounts and now using the .net and .io are live pretty big technology site.

all is fine just wait

•••
Not registering the .org, net and especially the .io extensions is a big mistake many domainers make. .io is a very popular extensions for startup companies. Registering these extensions actually gives the buyer more leverage because if they don't like the price of the .com, they can simply develop the .io instead and in the future file a trademark dispute to get the .com once they've built up their brand.

•••
Not registering the .org, net and especially the .io extensions is a big mistake many domainers make. .io is a very popular extensions for startup companies. Registering these extensions actually gives the buyer more leverage because if they don't like the price of the .com, they can simply develop the .io instead and in the future file a trademark dispute to get the .com once they've built up their brand.

Reverse hijacking.

•••
No they can't. I can't believe you actually think that!

•••
I am sure he just busy! :xf.grin: just be patience! keep calm and don't do anything stupid! if they really want the domain I am sure they will come back! you can't blame him for getting busy!
you can ask and do follow up! just make sure to not look desperate!
CEO sometime have weird mindset! test this and that! though, most of them always keep their promise! especially if it is related with their business! just make sure don't push them to far, and increase price or what soever! they hate being scalp! if they accept 7,5k! and that's it that your price! don't change or do anything that make them off!

•••
Been through this experience a number of times.

Don't beat yourself up.. just be patient.

I agree with Kate; it's smart for them to brand protect by buying up other extensions.

This could indicate they want the .com

Also, if it's a sizeable company and an executive decision to purchase the domain
they have a fiduciary responsibility and tend to take their time.

H00T

•••
Do you consider renewal bill? All major extensions for each domain?

•••
Patience is a Virtue.. Sit tight, Hopefully they'll come back - GoodLuck

•••
Did they register the other extensions before contacting you?

•••
Keep calm - you didn't do anything wrong. The same moment they registered other extensions your .com got valueable!
Just be patient and wait that they come back to you!

Wish you all the best!:xf.smile:

•••
Buyers are weird and do strange things.

They seem interested and then just disappear.

They agree to a price and then are never heard from again.

Etc., etc. .........

It is impossible to guess what is going on in a buyers mind.

Don't even try.

You have the upper hand.

Wait, and if they want this name they will eventually come back to you.

If you flinch you will lose the advantage.

Just wait. :xf.smile:

•••
anyone had this happen to them

received a $7500 offer on my lander I responded back accepting the offer
he texted/emailed saying he wanted the domain badly and would call me the following day! he never did.

I checked the other ext they regged the .net.co.org.us.tech and .io not heard anything from them since.
the enduser looks to be a big corp and was the ceo who msged me.
should I remove my lander in case of (udrp) looks like they will use other ext now

was jumping around had spent the money in my head on gifts but in reality I couldn't close

really disappointed with myself

I recently sold LL .at domain to a politician from Vienna Austria. They wanted the domain so bad but even I asked $6,500 they only paid $2,500. Why? Because there was another middleman.
The middleman stated the price was too high to go from LLL to LL. Of course the LL match the politician's name initials.

So the offer may slightly decrease. Stay calm and good luck :)

•••
not having the dot com will bother them, and soon too, If not, you should get nice type in traffic to your name.

•••
Recently sold a top level dotcom to a buyer from Asia for the asking price.

Initially, they offered less than 50% of the asking price out of the gate.

Negotiations went back & forth for over a month.

Just stuck to my guns; knowing the price was reasonable and fair.

They eventually came to the same conclusion and deal was done ;>)

H00T

•••
not having the dot com will bother them, and soon too, If not, you should get nice type in traffic to your name.
This ^^^

Exactly. Anything they do with the other extensions will drive more traffic to your com.
As Kate said, they reg'd the other extensions for brand protection with getting the com still first and formost on their mind.
It wont take long before they see the leakage.
You might want to put up a lander with $15,000 BIN.
Relax until they come back with the mandatory lower offer and then tell them the price has changed. (for whatever reason)

Peace,
Cyberian

•••
Sounds too cheap now how many TLD's bump up your price 10k

•••
No biggie, it happens.

Just make sure to follow up with your INBOUND inquiries every so often. This is something I've been implementing with old prospects.

-Omar

•••
It's been about two weeks, I did msg last week! if he still wanted the domain he never responded.
He regged all the other ext the day he was meant to call me two weeks ago.

I was just so happy to finally be getting that first big sale and above all buy my family and send another $100 to Eric and his family.

Thanks all for just taking time to give the little guy some support.
I'll keep you all posted if they come back

•••
2 weeks is long enough. Get on the phone and talk to the company manager. Tell him you are not holding this price indefinitely and that you need a time line or deal is off.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back