IT.COM

Sold my first Domain on Sedo

NameSilo
Watch

HypeMethod

Impact
I am at the very beginning of a long journey to sell off over 100 domains that I have collected over almost two decades.
Just wanted to share that the first thing I did was list all of my domains on afternic for sale. I had not received even an offer after a few weeks (not unexpected, I assume it will take years).

However yesterday I moved over about 20 domains that I considered to be lowest value domains to Sedo and just a few minutes ago got my first notification that a buyer had accepted my fixed price for one of my domains. Even though it wasn't a big sale ($250) I am crazy excited about it lol.

Only about 120 to go!
Wishing all of us good luck.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Congratulations! Hopefully the first of many.

•••
Congrats on the sale! I'm curious what some of the 'better' names are. :xf.smile:

Last edited:
•••
•••
Congratulations! I am just curious. You mean you used 20 years to gather 121 domain names, and didn't sell any for two decades?

•••
Well there were still some nice pickings to be had 20 years ago. Who knows you may have a few diamonds in the rough. keep listing. It helps to categorize them appropriately on Sedo

Last edited:
•••
Hi

what's the name that sold?

imo...

•••
I am at the very beginning of a long journey to sell off over 100 domains that I have collected over almost two decades.
Just wanted to share that the first thing I did was list all of my domains on afternic for sale. I had not received even an offer after a few weeks (not unexpected, I assume it will take years).

However yesterday I moved over about 20 domains that I considered to be lowest value domains to Sedo and just a few minutes ago got my first notification that a buyer had accepted my fixed price for one of my domains. Even though it wasn't a big sale ($250) I am crazy excited about it lol.

Only about 120 to go!
Congratulations

•••
Congratulations! I am just curious. You mean you used 20 years to gather 121 domain names, and didn't sell any for two decades?
I got into SEO and PPC marketing about 20 years ago and used to buy domains - Some of the domain I purchased I built businesses from, others I have just kept. In 2023 I exited my business so I am now selling off the unused assets (many of which are domains purchased many years ago)

•••
Well there were still some nice pickings to be had 20 years ago. Who knows you may have a few diamonds in the rough. keep listing. It helps to categorize them appropriately on Sedo
Thanks - Ill do that - I actually only just listed and verified - I will optimize them (eventually:)

•••
Yes actually I have a few of good ones (objectively speaking). Plus I think I have a few good brandable ones (subjectively speaking;)

•••
Many congratulations on your sale (y)

First domain sale is special, no matter the amount. :xf.smile:

Best of luck for your domain journey (y)

•••
Hi

what's the name that sold?

imo...
Not sure if I should publish the domain because I mentioned the sale price and buyer might try to flip it - but I can say it was a "8 letter kw"+"mag" .com

•••
Many congratulations on your sale (y)

First domain sale is special, no matter the amount. :xf.smile:

Best of luck for your domain journey (y)
yeah that's how I feel ;)

•••
•••
Congrats on the sale! I'm curious what some of the 'better' names are. :xf.smile:
Once I get the the opportunity Ill make my portfolio available via the signature - just need to learn more from you pros before "running down the hill" but I can say that I own mostly 4L .coms, 2word .coms, and short "brandable" .coms

•••
Congratulations on your 1st sale.

•••
•••
•••
Not sure if I should publish the domain because I mentioned the sale price and buyer might try to flip it - but I can say it was a "8 letter kw"+"mag" .com
Hi

that's not telling me/us anything.

it's surprising, but not really...
that so many would fail to ask the question.

imo...

•••

Only about 120 to go!
Congratulations

•••
Dear HypeMethod,

Nice to read, Congratulations on your first sale! I have just started on Sedo and am also hoping for a first sale, that must be very special. Enjoy it!

Have a nice day.

•••
congrats on the first sale! Hope many more are to follow. cheers. :)

•••

Only about 120 to go!
Congratulations, I know how it feels. Domain names are like buses.....you're waiting and waiting and waiting until eventually 3 arrive one after the other! Consistency is key, keep at it and never be complacent. We are wishing you the best of luck.

•••
I'm the opposite of you, I didn't make any progress in sedo, and after transferring to dan, I got my first order. :xf.grin:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back