IT.COM

advice I think I messed up my first enduser sale

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Established Member
Impact
anyone had this happen to them

received a $7500 offer on my lander I responded back accepting the offer
he texted/emailed saying he wanted the domain badly and would call me the following day! he never did.

I checked the other ext they regged the .net.co.org.us.tech and .io not heard anything from them since.
the enduser looks to be a big corp and was the ceo who msged me.
should I remove my lander in case of (udrp) looks like they will use other ext now

was jumping around had spent the money in my head on gifts but in reality I couldn't close

really disappointed with myself

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
If they bought other extensions they will buy yours as well assuming it is a decent size company like you make it seem. After 1 week of no contact tell them your acceptance is contingent on closing the deal within 1 week of acceptance but you'll extend it for 24 hours. If they don't close then put up a lander with a fixed price at $25k.

•••
anyone had this happen to them

received a $7500 offer on my lander I responded back accepting the offer
he texted/emailed saying he wanted the domain badly and would call me the following day! he never did.

I checked the other ext they regged the .net.co.org.us.tech and .io not heard anything from them since.
the enduser looks to be a big corp and was the ceo who msged me.
should I remove my lander in case of (udrp) looks like they will use other ext now

was jumping around had spent the money in my head on gifts but in reality I couldn't close

really disappointed with myself

Why are you concerned about a UDRP unless you believe you could be cyber-squatting? As far as using landers, I don't use them. I keep all my domains at GoDaddy with a blank page. That way, if you have a motivated buyer they will contact you via a GoDaddy broker which costs them $70.

•••
Most people would agree that you should never accept the 1st offer as the buyer will surely feel like they overpaid. A similar situation happened to me a number of years ago.

I agree that one should reject the first offer In most cases, unless they are (1) broke or (2) know the offer on the table is an offer they can live with.

Saying no to a solid offer, when you have no leverage can be catastrophic and place you in a bad financial situation. For example, you have a domain name that you value at $20K, you get an offer of $10K, you purchased the domain for $1K. Now, a seller with $25K in the bank, no debts, and bills paid off can easily reject that offer. However, what about the guy who is domain speculating as a side hustle, living check to check, and hasn't sold shit from his portfolio? ...take the money on the table.

At the end of the day, nobody is going to feed you, your family, or pay your bills; even though they will give you 'advice' without knowing your financial strength or weakness.

•••
In the future you need to have a disclaimer price good for 7 days in your email and on your landing page. Take a look at the uniregisry disclaimer that should about do it.

Basically they said they would call you back well they did not so it looks like that is good news for you as they did not follow through with offer.

Go back on your landing page and put a 200k BIN price on it. Did they represent themselves from a AOL or Yahoo? As far as you know it was a fake email and person. You hold the cards not them. They can't do anything if you registered before TM. Just my opinion do your own DD

•••
what did you mess??

you didn't do anything wrong. some times a client makes an offer that you think is great and you should accept it but then you try to move up the price more and they will go away. so you never know.

if they made you an offer and you accepted and then they go silent then whatever has happen you do not need to waste time to understand. people are crazy and irrational. forget it and wait for their contact. if they are serious they will come back soon (until one month).

but if they take more time then I would play hard ball then. I would say, i am sorry, but i have accepted your price and you back it out with no reply and since then I had another party interested in the domain so now the price is $10k.

•••
•••
what did you mess??

you didn't do anything wrong. some times a client makes an offer that you think is great and you should accept it but then you try to move up the price more and they will go away. so you never know.

if they made you an offer and you accepted and then they go silent then whatever has happen you do not need to waste time to understand. people are crazy and irrational. forget it and wait for their contact. if they are serious they will come back soon (until one month).

but if they take more time then I would play hard ball then. I would say, i am sorry, but i have accepted your price and you back it out with no reply and since then I had another party interested in the domain so now the price is $10k.

Excellent comments!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back