IT.COM

discuss I sold stik.com for $75k ama

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

McJilton

Established Member
Impact
Here to help, here to learn and here to teach.

Ask any questions you may have, thanks.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
When/how did you acquire it, and for what amount (approximately)? Was this a BIN sale, or negotiation?

•••
•••
When/how did you acquire it, and for what amount (approximately)? Was this a BIN sale, or negotiation?

Thanks so it was 50k cash and 25k worth of art. The domain was previous a pretty big company that dealt with real estate outreach or something, they were a big deal. They shut down after a decade
or so and I was typing in random domains that sound good to me one night and found their “goodbye” page which had been up for a year so I made an offer which was low five figures.

I bought the domain on an installment so let that be motivation for you all out there without big bank. It was all a gamble but at the end of the day it was a ten year hold, so it would have matured.

Last edited:
•••
There was no negotiation, he wa a very nice guy and I was going to ask 100 but I decided to ask for 50. He’s a good dude stik.

For those who don’t know, stik donates a majority of his proceeds and still lives with commoners in community housing. The man can literally paint six figure works in an hour yet does not sell out.

He’s not one to hit with an astronomical price.

Last edited:
•••
Negative impact for trying to help? Interesting crowd.

•••
Congrats on the sale.
Do you own other domain names/have a portfolio?

•••
Congrats on the sale.
Do you own other domain names/have a portfolio?

Thanks not much, I won a big llll tonight at SnapNames, I have been out of domaining since 2010 minus September through now, sold all my LLL in 2010.

Since sept I’ve got 6 crappy LLL and some Nice LLLL, going to take time. The domain name game grew up. $$$$ I’m building my portfolio off of cash, no credit cards or bank loans.

Last edited:
•••
Also working on a deal to buy a domain for 1.7m with six figures down. But will post about that when I’ve developed the site and moved forward more

Last edited:
•••
It redirects to .org, nice sale. Thanks for sharing.

•••
To everyone downvoting my comments you should know I won a very premium LLLL tonight for $33k. :P

•••
John John You’re welcome, yes the artist is a charitable man, .org is fitting

Last edited:
•••
Thanks for sharing the info and congratulations!

•••
Do you want to share what the premium LLLL.com is that you won tonight for 33k?

•••
•••
Do you want to share what the premium LLLL.com is that you won tonight for 33k?

It will be posted about on short names and here I’m sure, not posting it because I likely have it sold already, not trying to be rude.

Thanks

•••
•••
Congratulations to you and the artist, win-win situation. Did you reach out to stick regarding the domain sale or was it the other way around? Thanks.

•••
Congratulations to you and the artist, win-win situation. Did you reach out to stick regarding the domain sale or was it the other way around? Thanks.

Thank you, I reached out to him. It was pretty easy. He had wanted the name for years. If anyone takes anything from this thread it hopefully is that finding names that have never been on the market should be a priority and that installments are your friend.

Also I wanted people to take from this info that bartering is your friend. Remember that the people you are negotiating with potentially have a product that they can produce for a low price yet you can still sell for a good amount, in this case artwork.

Last edited:
•••
The best advice my father ever gave me, he’s a retired executive who was a master of sales.

“The answer is always no unless you ask”

Once you can get past the embarrassing part of asking for something that most people feel, you will level up. If you ask enough times you eventually get a yes.

Last edited:
•••
It will be posted about on short names and here I’m sure, not posting it because I likely have it sold already, not trying to be rude.

Thanks
How did you sell it already if you just won the auction today at SnapNames?

•••
Great advice!

The best advice my father ever gave me, he’s a retired executive who was a master of sales.

Once you can get past the embarrassing part of asking for something that most people feel, you will level up. If you ask enough times you eventually get a yes.

•••
How did you sell it already if you just won the auction today at SnapNames?

Colleagues whom are serious investors

•••

Great advice

“If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place.” - Nora Roberts

•••
Great advice

“If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place.” - Nora Roberts

Thanks, excellent quote, the hard part is hearing no but if you expect it and learn how to not get upset at the answer “no” then asking becomes easier and easier. For example most would not have asked for the extra art but I figured why not?

Last edited:
•••
Back