IT.COM

advice I realised I owned a domain...what next.

NameSilo
Watch

Glyde

Impact
Hey guys a few years ago when I was in school I had to create a website for english. Somehow I must have bought a domain and let it self renew so i still own it on bluehost.4 years later and I just got a call from someone wanting to buy it off me for $230!!!

The domain is inovationspace.com

Should I sell it for this much? I am a complete noob in this topic.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Use the $230 re-invest more domains and u just provided the blueprint for the American dream!

All kidding aside, I probably wud. It’s kind of long.
And the fact you forgot about it...
Speaks about the name! If DN is memorable?

Wouldnt u know if owned it, Lack of experience and being young, aside, I’d still sell it. Even if you dont re-invest the money and buy urself something nice.

Ask the same question in the “appraisal” thread without the backstory. If you get no replies, sell.
bump post, least once, if no replies, give it a chance.

Or you can include the backstory. Im giving yu ideas.
“Appraisal thread” might give u more exposure, as youre also asking for an appraisal.. Good luck!

Last edited:
•••
How did you get a call? I don't see your phone number on the whois. Did you have the domain posted for sale somewhere? Are you sure someone is not scamming you?

Take the cash if it's real. It's not spelled right anyway. innovation

•••
Tell him the truth. Tell him its not worth even reg fee, and you couldn't accept his offer. Tell him the whois is wrong, it was only just registered last year, even though you finished school years ago. I think he'll appreciate that.

•••
•••
+1 for the domainbigdata.com

ok....that's thorough.

I just found 4 domains in my name.

THanks!!

•••
Considering "inovation" is a typo of the correct spelling, I would be happy to sell it for whatever I could get. It is not the type of domain I would expect too many offers on.

Brad

•••
•••
Hey guys a few years ago when I was in school I had to create a website for english. Somehow I must have bought a domain and let it self renew so i still own it on bluehost.4 years later and I just got a call from someone wanting to buy it off me for $230!!!

Gotta love it, the way the bullshit noobs get called out on NP. Probably just trying to hype his 1 year old registration for a better price here on NP. Lets hope he disappears after this first attempt.

"Created a website in School" for 'English' with an incorrect spelling. So failed in school as well by the looks.

*nice spot HotKey

Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••

Spelling of innovation is wrong which will affect its price badly.

•••
I just created an invoice to bill for my time consumed reading this thread....

Follow up post if/when I get paid...:xf.smile::xf.grin::xf.wink::xf.laugh::ROFL:

•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back