likesxl.biz
likesxl.co
microsoftwebstore.com
microsoftwebstore.net
microsoftwebstore.xyz
uberwebstore.xyz
videospinblaster.com
videospinblaster.xyz

I tried to sell kayrich.com at Flippa, it was up for 60 days and ended unsold, but the estimation at Estibot is $720.
videospinblaster.com is estimated at Estibot $580.

Right now I parked all of them. Which one of them you think are valuable to sell? Do you think I can sell some of them for good price or just keep them parked?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Welcome to NP

Rule #1 of Domaining: Dont use Estibot for domain appraisals, its really no indication of the names value

Get rid of the Microsoft/Apple/Uber domains, they are trademarked and can only lead to a lawsuit, stay away from company names altogether

I would also focus on .COM names or strong CCTLD's when starting out, stay away from .biz, .co, .xyz or any of the new gtlds, there is a very limited market for them. Its a mistake a lot of people new to the forum make and 99% of those names will end up expiring or resold to fellow domainers for very small profits

Keep reading for a few months before registering any more names, learn as much as you can before buying, it will save you money in the long run

Have a look at namebio.com and dnjournal.com, that will show you a lot of recent sales

Good luck

Last edited:
•••
Never, ever go by an appraisal you get on estibot! The appraisals there and other automated domain appraisal sites/services are not accurate.

You have several listed there that have a good chance of getting you into legal troubles. Look into Trademarks in domain names. I don't know if all of them are, but there are a couple of extremely obvious ones there.

If there are some there that are not possible TM violators, then I really think you are going to have a hard time selling them. I don't see anything worth much, sorry. :(

•••
Love people who register trademarked domains.
So much fun to hear from them later about how they lost their domains, or had to pay, etc etc.
Drop as said, apple-microsoft-uber domains.

•••
appleintern.com
kayrich.com
kayrich.xyz
likesxl.biz
likesxl.co
microsoftwebstore.com
microsoftwebstore.net
microsoftwebstore.xyz
uberwebstore.xyz
videospinblaster.com
videospinblaster.xyz

I tried to sell kayrich.com at Flippa, it was up for 60 days and ended unsold, but the estimation at Estibot is $720.
videospinblaster.com is estimated at Estibot $580.

Right now I parked all of them. Which one of them you think are valuable to sell? Do you think I can sell some of them for good price or just keep them parked?
-------------------
SHORT, DOT COM and NO trademarks. You can't sell them and it will only get you into legal trouble.

Good Luck,!

•••
Thanks for everyone who responded to my question.

Actually, appleintern dot com is an expired domain I purchased. I am wondering though why the three sites are trademarks. I created MicrosoftWebstore dot com, because it was available. I did not use Microsoft by itself. If I wanted to sell Microsft products at a webstore and call it MicrosoftWebstore, why is it a trademark? The Webstore part is my idea. About Uber, it is a word which has meaning like "outstanding"; if I say UberWebstore, it means outstanding webstore. I didn't use the word Uber by itself. NameCheap dot com don't let you register a trademarked domain, if it really is. I was able to register these domains with no problems.
There are times I tried trademarked domains with different extensions and NameCheap dot com didn't let me register, in that case I understand.
I for example, microsoft dot com and if I found another extension available like, microsoft dot net and if I register it, that is wrong and I have to be responsible for legal actions towards to me.

Can anybody explain about this? And why is it ok for others to use a typo domains. Mine is an added up word domain.

•••
Actually, appleintern dot com is an expired domain I purchased. I am wondering though why the three sites are trademarks. I created MicrosoftWebstore dot com, because it was available. I did not use Microsoft by itself. If I wanted to sell Microsft products at a webstore and call it MicrosoftWebstore, why is it a trademark? The Webstore part is my idea.
It doesn't matter if you add something to the name Microsoft or not, it would be a violation of their Trademark and will get you into legal troubles. You are publicly stating that you are wanting to sell Microsoft products on that domain and that is Trademark infringement. It would also be considered misleading because people could think that it's owned by Microsoft.

There is no possible legal way that you can sell Microsoft products on a domain/website with their Trademark name. I could also be considered as registering it in "Bad Faith", meaning that you are looking to profit from their Trademark. It doesn't matter what you do or say on the site, if you use their (or any other TM) name in your domain then that's a Trademark violation. You might get away with it for a while, but when you get caught it will get your domain seized and most likely a law suit as well. It happens all the time.

About Uber, it is a word which has meaning like "outstanding"; if I say UberWebstore, it means outstanding webstore. I didn't use the word Uber by itself. NameCheap dot com don't let you register a trademarked domain, if it really is. I was able to register these domains with no problems.
There are times I tried trademarked domains with different extensions and NameCheap dot com didn't let me register, in that case I understand.
I for example, microsoft dot com and if I found another extension available like, microsoft dot net and if I register it, that is wrong and I have to be responsible for legal actions towards to me.
The registrars can't catch them all, and it's your responsibility to know the law. Claiming you didn't know is not a legal defense because the law states that ignorance of a law is not a defense.

You would have no problem using your Uber domain legally, as long as you aren't using it to profit from the Trademark holders Trademark. That includes selling related products for which they have a Trademark, parking the domain and serving ads related to the Trademark, or any other way you would make money in the niche/field of which the Trademark holder has their Trademark in.

Mine is an added up word domain.
It doesn't matter if you added a word or anything else to the Trademark name. If you will be using that domain to make a profit from the Trademark holders Trademark then that is considered a Trademark violation.

Use the Uber domain to build a site in a field that is not related to the Trademark holders Trademark and that should be fine.

•••
Thanks for everyone who responded to my question.

Actually, appleintern dot com is an expired domain I purchased. I am wondering though why the three sites are trademarks. I created MicrosoftWebstore dot com, because it was available. I did not use Microsoft by itself. If I wanted to sell Microsft products at a webstore and call it MicrosoftWebstore, why is it a trademark? The Webstore part is my idea. About Uber, it is a word which has meaning like "outstanding"; if I say UberWebstore, it means outstanding webstore. I didn't use the word Uber by itself. NameCheap dot com don't let you register a trademarked domain, if it really is. I was able to register these domains with no problems.

Can anybody explain about this? And why is it ok for others to use a typo domains. Mine is an added up word domain.
------------------------------
Don't feel bad, every newbie goes through this. !- All the above companies have an army of lawyers protecting their Mark. TMs are issues based on the category of product and/or service. If you had regged Microsoftfurniturestore.com or Microsoftbabyfood.com, you would have been OK. Don't rely on Namecheap. They are not the one that is getting sued or at best a Ceased and Desist letter after you spent XXX developing a website. TRY and going to their website and hand regging namecheaper.com. They won't let you!
BEFORE you reg or buy any name check with the TM office...under TESS

http://tmsearch.uspto.gov/bin/gate.exe?f=searchss&state=4809:q8ltxp.1.1

IF you have the time go and return the domains.

Good Luck and Happy New Year,

Serry

•••
Simple, "Microsoft" is incredibly specific. Pure trouble.

Apple Intern. Could be a farmer learning to grow apples, but everyone knows the real reason it's owned. So even that can be trouble.

Remember too that owning all these names peg you as a TM domainer, then by association the Apple and Uber type names lose their 'it could mean something else' defense

•••
Thanks guys for your time and help, really great detail. "serryjw", if microsoftfurniturestore is ok, can I use mine MicrosoftWebStore, to sell Websites, domains, hosting service?
About Uber, I am not only have the uberwebstore dot xyz, but also, uberwebstore dot com electronic products eCommerce website. I think that has nothing to do with Uber car service. Am I going to be ok with that?

Thanks.

•••
Thanks guys for your time and help, really great detail. "serryjw", if microsoftfurniturestore is ok, can I use mine MicrosoftWebStore, to sell Websites, domains, hosting service?
That might also be a problem. The text below is from Microsoft's website in regards to using Trademarks in websites and domains.

"Do not use any Microsoft trademark in the title of your website or as a second-level domain name. You may not use any Microsoft logo without a license or written specifications from Microsoft."

You might get away with it, you might not and be slapped with a lawsuit. It's really not worth the risk to most people, especially when you can use some other domain name.

It's up to you if you want to risk the stress and the financial/legal problems that could happen.

•••
Thanks a lot for your feedback, may be I will let it stay parked until it expires.

•••
Thanks a lot for your feedback, may be I will let it stay parked until it expires.
You are most welcome. :)

Just make sure the parking ads are not related to the fields of the Trademarks because that's also considered profiting from a Trademark. Usually nothing will happen, I just want to make sure that you are aware in case.

Good Luck :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back