Dynadot

I lost $5805usd through PayPal scam by Shane Bellone

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

12no3

VIP Member
Impact
Many of my friend suggested me to post this on namepros so others will less likely to be scamed by shane.

So on 2016-09-26 and 2016-09-27 he bought 374 cvcv.in names and 471 cvcv.in names all together 845 .in names together. (these are random cvcv.in)
together he paid me on paypal 5805 usd.

I pushed the domain to him, then everything is fine. the deal was made through whatsapp chat.
deal closed.
then I saw him selling them on .in markect group, flipped some for higher price.

until 27the decenmber when i log in to my paypal to make another purchase, i see paypal refunded 5805 back to him, then i look up my email, i saw paypal disput which i completed missed.
buyer claim reason: NOT AS DESCRIBED! (this is after he sold and transfer out some of those)

I did not know paypal had this 3 months rules where buyer can claim the money back, and becuase i do not log on paypal so often and get xxx amount of emails every days, so i missed the window that i could have argued with paypal. but well lesson learned.

Some infomation of shane so other can avoid being scamed by him
http://this_username_was_banned.com/
http://www.domainsherpa.com/shane-bellone-itmagazine-interview/
http://tldinvestors.com/2016/05/shane-bellone-saying-goodbye-to-domaining.html
http://omarandwill.com/interview-with-the-expert-volume-2-featuring-shane-bellone/
https://www.facebook.com/app_scoped_user_id/10154332611129273
https://www.linkedin.com/in/this_username_was_banned

https://twitter.com/this_username_was_banned

good news is after I provided all the evidence to the registrar, the registrar moved the remaining (ones he did not sold or transfer out) to my account, so at least i got something back.

Becuareful when using paypal,and becuareful when you trade any domain that was processed by shane.

During the process of getting the unsold domains by shane, I had great help from .in whatsapp group, so special thx who provide information and also special thx to shiva , kemji, alexa and indy who tried to contact shane for me, but he went dark, not picking his cell phone, does not respond back on whatsapp nor linkedin.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    62.9 KB · Views: 1,016
  • 2.png
    2.png
    67.8 KB · Views: 395
  • 3.png
    3.png
    28.4 KB · Views: 355
  • 微信截图_20161228201831.png
    微信截图_20161228201831.png
    142.5 KB · Views: 363
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Not sure why some folks are talking BS about OP's situation here.... As per the info the only thing wrong he did was not replying to the the dispute which he lost by default.

There are more questions to Shane rather than OP and if Shane is not wrong, he should have come to this thread and shared his view which he is not doing. This is only going to hurt him rather than OP.

•••
whether its 5K or 5 USD, money is money.
Yeah DVP is kinda going at OP hard. That's not like him, at least from what we know from NP chat. Idk what's going on...

we need more evidence from like shane and peeps before we can start throwing insults anywhere.

if I was a millionaire, i'd still care about 5k, especially if it was taken from me via scamming in a deal that I spent time chatting 1 v 1 with.

•••
That makes sense to most people, until you have millions.

Case in point; I knew a guy who had $100k stolen from him and didn't even realize it because he barely noticed the financial discrepancy. He was a banking VP for one of the big banks and made millions every month.

Most people that have millions aren't going to give a single care about a one-off $5k loss, let alone lose face publicly because they misrepresented goods and the mismanaged their eMail and missed a glaring PayPal dispute - it just doesn't add up.

People love sensational nonsense, and they love to hang onto it, but OPs actions and reasoning don't make much sense.
Your going to base innocence on that?....What about the facts?.............Talk about "sensational nonsense"...

•••
This thread is wooooooo

This is not that hard or complex. We have Jiawei's side of story, and if Shane doesnt come out an clear this up, then thats the only side of the story we have ("default") right?

Shane should sure come out and defend his actions here. To state that a domain is "defective" so its not usable is manipulative and incorrect. You sell domains, you dont sell domain moving /transferring services.
Also, why he didnt see his emails from PP is besides the point, because the chargeback should not have happened.
are you asking why people do biz for over 1000 on PP? Get real, its called "trust". have you NEVER trusted when you shouldnt have? thats not the point IMO.Instead of asking why people do sizeable transctions via PP you should ask why people dont do their part in those sizable transactions like this one.

Time is not on Shane's side and the points against Jiawei here seem weak and obviously can be proven if need be. we do know a bulk deal for 900 or so names was done, it completed, AND 42 of those were sold to other persons. whats complex there? what names are they? well they are the same 900 or so traded initially.

•••
... and yet here you are.

Again, I call B.S.

Elephants don't scurry at the sneezes of ants, yet here you are a 'millionaire' being frantic over the sum of $5k and exposing yourself as a 'victim'.

No real person of power would ever do this, it makes very little sense.

You've shown me all I need to see. Thanks for the cool story bro.
That is no reason to discredit someone.....Based on the information posted by both sides, at this point, it is Shane that has more explaining to do.....I remain for more questions to be answered before passing judgement one way or the other..

•••
shane.png

Whether he is a scammer or not, he insults all of China when his transaction goes bad.

Racist troll comes to mind.

And you gave this guy a PRO badge.. :facepalm:

•••
There's a new trend started in recent years:

1.people become "domainers" overnight
2.they have ridiculous "success" for 1year or so
3.when the year is UP, they "retire from domaining"
4.they start various "sites" every other month with no success

I call this the "Walk of -Shane-"...and only because instead of maning up and explaining himself he resumed to racism and profanity.
I guess desperate times makes people do desperate things....ohh the Shame!

Last edited:
•••
Here's another point lost on most folks here. It's solely the buyer's responsibility to understand the policies surrounding the domain extensions they wish to purchase, as well as the policy of the holding registrar. If these .in couldn't be transferred out of the holding registrar after the deal was made, that's too bad for the buyer. It's not the seller's job to educate the buyer on any level.

•••
Professionals...

Can you imagine if GoDaddy actually sent an eMail like this... lol. What a mess.

"Some, foreign customers have transferred domains successfully". Which means a great deal of U.S. based customers have NOT had success with transfer outs.

"I think the complainant had successfully transferred some domains out, right?" How is this even a question from the registry? Did he, or didn't he?

Goodness gracious, man. That was an informal exchange which I chose to share - with the permission of Lilian. It's not an official policy position or report. Even if we ignore her command of English, it absolutely doesn't mean "a great deal of U.S. based customers have NOT had success with transfer outs." You keep accusing people of making judgements based on limited evidence, but here you are making a huge, huge leap of logic based on absolutely nothing. In fact, the manner which you tried to obfuscate the issue is very, very alarming.

At this stage, IMO, the only way your friend could be innocent of the OP's allegation is for all the other domainers involved with the WhatsApp group who have posted here to be involved in a massive, multiple nation-spanning conspiracy.

•••
How does someone with a pro badge here, buy 900 domains for 5k and not understand all the details involved before purchasing?

I'm still Baffled...

•••
2 days before the Sept 28th transaction with the OP:

twitter26sept.png

4 days after:

twitter2oct.png

It does appears that the "client" he was referring to was actually himself.

Last edited:
•••
You can still dispute past the 90 day period if you contact a manager at Paypal. I've had a dispute reversed over a year later after months of communication and evidence. Don't let him get away with this.

•••
Thats you. Would you expect this same behavior from someone who runs a registrar and spends 'millions' on transactions?

I think not.

As a part of his business? No. I would not. As someone who's hobby is domaining and who has a multi-million dollar main business, maybe. Mistakes happen which the OP has owned up to it. Not sure if beating and belaboring his mistake again and again as the ultimate sin changes facts.

Btw, regarding your "That's you", the same response can be given to your earlier comment on how organized you are and how the OP is not and that makes him shady. That's you - who organizes e-mail. A lot of folks DON'T organize their e-mails or even check it regularly. That does not make them sinners and criminals.

Why do you have 'limits'? Maybe you are a domain hobbyist - and that's fine.

Country and government restrictions. Please see http://www.sendmoneytoindia.com/guide/paypal_india_and_its_recent_restrictions.php

I don't have to be a hobbyist to have restrictions. You're increasingly getting irrational.

OP is a 'professional', and should manage his business affairs better - and that's the main point.

Where has he said he's a professional domainer? And are you saying that NO professional in the history of time has ever been scammed? Or made a mistake? You're living in a different universe than me.

I'm 1000% sure that this is a case of OP bungling his affairs, because that's what it smells like.
That's you. Bungled is NOT equal to scamming. By your statement, Hanlon's razor applies perfectly here (in case you don't know - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hanlon's_razor)

You're increasingly performing ad-hominem attacks on the OP without even considering human error. And even if you do accept he committed an error, you're not willing to make allowances for that

Edit: Minor corrections

Last edited:
•••
Just because only one side has provided facts and evidence doesn't mean they are dismissiable.

@gilescoley we are not taking sides without knowing information. There are plenty here who have been close enough to know enough.

There are some things that are just not defendable. There are some facts that point clearly to a wrong doing... Whatever the circumstances may be behind it.

There has been plenty of evidence, facts and "witnesses" that have come forward in the thread... All which adds to the weight of the OPs claims. The accused remaining silent is not a free-pass to innocence. He either responds to counter the claims otherwise it all clearly pints to him being wrong. This is not an assumption... It's a fact based the evidence presented so far.

•••
Haven't seen it mentioned (although maybe I missed it) but Shane was conducting his .IN/.CO.IN business on NP under the name 'BuyPolar'. Here's one of his posts listing hundreds of CVCVs for sale in October:

https://www.namepros.com/threads/cvcv-in-6-50-each-if-you-buy-them-all-dici-in.977728/#post-5785276

Although the OP would have to clarify if ALL of the names listed here previously belonged to him, what I did notice is that there is a good handful of those 42 names that have yet to be recovered by the OP listed in there.

Post states the names were at West.xyz but no mention of them not being able to be transferred out (probably because, as others have testified, you can). Seems odd that he was happy to list them for sale if he had an issue with what he had been given.

Last edited:
•••
Waiting to hear both sides of the story but that's a huge amount to use Paypal with. I'd probably have used an escrow service (Escrow.com, Payoneer, Epik etc)
Godaddy, Afternic :)

•••
•••
upload_2017-1-24_13-39-46.png

There shouldn't be one person here that thinks maybe this was all a big misunderstanding. S-B is a conman, he knew he's time was almost up after being banned from NamePros. He wanted to go out with a bang. This was it. Anyone who still doubts that is delusional.

I won't be posting any more tweets. This shit is done.

@DomainVP, an apology would be nice to the OP, you did say a lot of distasteful things in my opinion.

OP, I hope you reopen the PayPal case, use the information provided from the owner of the 42 domains to confirm the fraudulent transaction.

Last edited:
•••
The 23 pages of this thread are an eye opener....If it were not clear enough before now I am definitely aware of those members I will never make a deal with.

I thank the OP for his courage and the service ( appreciated or not ) he did to this community.

•••
... and yet here you are.

Again, I call B.S.

Elephants don't scurry at the sneezes of ants, yet here you are a 'millionaire' being frantic over the sum of $5k and exposing yourself as a 'victim'.

No real person of power would ever do this, it makes very little sense.

You've shown me all I need to see. Thanks for the cool story bro.

The OP is well-known domainer and is active member of many .in whats app groups.

•••
Shane refuses to come back to NP for some reason so I guess he doesn't care enough about this. If someone was accusing me of being a scammer I would be here in a heart beat.

•••
Seller is always wrong by default in PayPal.
Never forget about that.

I've posted this Paypal advice before but for any of you with irregular Paypal transactions it may help. It could have helped the seller here.

Jurgen Wolf's post politely describe's Paypal's position on everything. To be fair to Paypal - Paypal's user agreement has to in many ways piggyback their agreement with the credit card companies and historically they (especially Amex) favor the card user. But just so you understand how one sided it is....

We first got charged back by Paypal on merchandise going back 15 years ago. If you live with Paypal you must have a 2nd "sweep" bank account that they don't have access to. Move your balance to the sweep account immediately and never leave money in Paypal. These days many US banks offer free no service charge accounts so a 2nd sweep account is easy.
Is it foolproof ? Not if you are constantly getting Paypal funds. If they can't grab enough to recover the chargeback from funds in your account or your back up source they will disable your account until the matter is resolved or you pay up. Make sure your backup funding source is a controlled minimum amount.
All you may do by this method is prevent them from charging you back one time but if your account is closed you obviously have to find another payment method.
The $5805 loss here is a common story.
There are many. People have lost businesses and worse.
Go to PaypalSucksdotcom to read some nightmares.
The Paypal user agreement and online dispute form now is so one sided against the merchant/seller that if you deliver physical merchandise, someone can receive it, replace the contents with rocks, ship it back with tracking and once the tracking is confirmed as being received by the merchant - the buyer/scammer will immediately be credited and the merchant charged back. If you are a small seller with no dedicated account rep - good luck trying to fight it.

If this doesn't scare the crap out of you - it should.

•••
•••
Not going crazy actually, just this @DomainVP guy went nonsense from the beginning.

Once someone puts some evidence, he quickly moves on demanding another one meanwhile crying on people who put some evidence. So biased.

Seriously, @DomainVP, you are going to make Shane's life even worse: your crys make people add more evidence and that is going to look worse and worse.

Back then you wanted to see evidence that Shane did own those 42 names - you got it - someone posted link to Shane's another account "BuyPolar" under which he posted those 42 names for sale at NP. Now you quickly forgot about that and still are crying: "show me some evidence" :xf.smile:

•••
I hear what OP is saying, but I severely doubt the validity of this.

Human beings are EXTREMELY one sided when it comes to presenting their side of the story.

One day someone could post something about one of you, and you should hope that someone takes a second to say a few positive things about you based on your previous merit and rep, without 'waiting to hear more'.

Shane has been against this type of behavior and condemned it strongly from people like Adam Dicker and even when the management of NP may have not been so forthcoming (in his opinion).

So I'm going to strongly doubt the validity of this and not take the same position of others in the peanut gallery who are trying to see who can get the most giggles out of this first.

63124974.jpg

Don't you mean...

untitled1.png

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back