Domain Empire

I lost $5805usd through PayPal scam by Shane Bellone

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

12no3

VIP Member
Impact
Many of my friend suggested me to post this on namepros so others will less likely to be scamed by shane.

So on 2016-09-26 and 2016-09-27 he bought 374 cvcv.in names and 471 cvcv.in names all together 845 .in names together. (these are random cvcv.in)
together he paid me on paypal 5805 usd.

I pushed the domain to him, then everything is fine. the deal was made through whatsapp chat.
deal closed.
then I saw him selling them on .in markect group, flipped some for higher price.

until 27the decenmber when i log in to my paypal to make another purchase, i see paypal refunded 5805 back to him, then i look up my email, i saw paypal disput which i completed missed.
buyer claim reason: NOT AS DESCRIBED! (this is after he sold and transfer out some of those)

I did not know paypal had this 3 months rules where buyer can claim the money back, and becuase i do not log on paypal so often and get xxx amount of emails every days, so i missed the window that i could have argued with paypal. but well lesson learned.

Some infomation of shane so other can avoid being scamed by him
http://this_username_was_banned.com/
http://www.domainsherpa.com/shane-bellone-itmagazine-interview/
http://tldinvestors.com/2016/05/shane-bellone-saying-goodbye-to-domaining.html
http://omarandwill.com/interview-with-the-expert-volume-2-featuring-shane-bellone/
https://www.facebook.com/app_scoped_user_id/10154332611129273
https://www.linkedin.com/in/this_username_was_banned

https://twitter.com/this_username_was_banned

good news is after I provided all the evidence to the registrar, the registrar moved the remaining (ones he did not sold or transfer out) to my account, so at least i got something back.

Becuareful when using paypal,and becuareful when you trade any domain that was processed by shane.

During the process of getting the unsold domains by shane, I had great help from .in whatsapp group, so special thx who provide information and also special thx to shiva , kemji, alexa and indy who tried to contact shane for me, but he went dark, not picking his cell phone, does not respond back on whatsapp nor linkedin.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    62.9 KB · Views: 1,084
  • 2.png
    2.png
    67.8 KB · Views: 395
  • 3.png
    3.png
    28.4 KB · Views: 356
  • 微信截图_20161228201831.png
    微信截图_20161228201831.png
    142.5 KB · Views: 363
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Right, okay can someone from the @westdotcn registrar confirm that facts?

That ~850 domains moved from OP to S-B and all but 42 domains have been returned.

Cheers

•••
Just because only one side has provided facts and evidence doesn't mean they are dismissiable.

@gilescoley we are not taking sides without knowing information. There are plenty here who have been close enough to know enough.

There are some things that are just not defendable. There are some facts that point clearly to a wrong doing... Whatever the circumstances may be behind it.

There has been plenty of evidence, facts and "witnesses" that have come forward in the thread... All which adds to the weight of the OPs claims. The accused remaining silent is not a free-pass to innocence. He either responds to counter the claims otherwise it all clearly pints to him being wrong. This is not an assumption... It's a fact based the evidence presented so far.

•••
If we really want facts anyone that does a charge back on a fellow domainer, when you agreed to the purchase should be shunned! :-P

•••
Bloody hell, this is common sense, just pretend its a court of law for a second, anyone can make a judgement call just because someone posted a list of 45 domains, but there is no proof of what exactly happened, and you know what, you will never know, because if the other party hasnt commented yet, he probably wont

As you mention a court of law in your post, tell us what happens when 1 side provides enough details to secure a conviction and the defence always remains silent...?

•••
If we really want facts anyone that does a charge back on a fellow domainer, when you agreed to the purchase should be shunned! :-P

You bring up a very pertinent point.

Forget the domains for a second, who the fuck does a PayPal chargeback after 3 months for a domain transaction?

You get the domains you spend a few days checking them over, maybe a week, transaction done.

Seriously 3 months? :xf.eek:

•••

on any domainer maybe :)

•••
Just because only one side has provided facts and evidence doesn't mean they are dismissiable.

@gilescoley we are not taking sides without knowing information. There are plenty here who have been close enough to know enough.

There are some things that are just not defendable. There are some facts that point clearly to a wrong doing... Whatever the circumstances may be behind it.

There has been plenty of evidence, facts and "witnesses" that have come forward in the thread... All which adds to the weight of the OPs claims. The accused remaining silent is not a free-pass to innocence. He either responds to counter the claims otherwise it all clearly pints to him being wrong. This is not an assumption... It's a fact based the evidence presented so far.

I agree about the accused remaining silent, not a good look at all, but as I said, lets sit and watch shall we...

As you mention a court of law in your post, tell us what happens when 1 side provides enough details to secure a conviction and the defense always remains silent...?

Yes, but the defendant and accused get the chance to speak though...the funniest thing is "most' of the people making claims about who is guilty, are from people who probably haven't ready very post (not referring to you @LucidDomains ) and dont know either person (not personally either, just from NP too)

Last edited:
•••
•••
You bring up a very pertinent point.

Forget the domains for a second, who the f*ck does a PayPal chargeback after 3 months for a domain transaction?

You get the domains you spend a few days checking them over, maybe a week, transaction done.

Seriously 3 months? :xf.eek:

Perhaps, if the issue was domains being locked, it was only noticed when attempting a transfer. That being said does anyone know how long west.xyz takes to send you the auth code and unlock an .in domain?

•••
...and dont know either person (not personally either, just from NP too)

But that's exactly how it should be.. We need to look at this not from a personal standpoint but from a neutral objective standpoint and that's precisely what I'm doing.

I dislike Shane, but I'm not being vindictive here. I'm trying to see everything in an objective view. There are a lot of details been put forward against Shane. A lot of respectable NamePros members who have aged accounts have also backed up the OP claims. These are people with 100's of positive trade reviews.

Lets forget that the OP is a co-owner of a NNN.com and that Shane is an ex-PRO member of this forum. If it was anybody else on the planet, I'll be treating this the same way.

EDIT:

If Shane wants to provide new information, I'd be happy to review it and re-evaluate the overall findings accordingly.

Last edited:
•••
how long can you do a Paypal chargeback? I was careless or stupid enough to do a $xxxx deal via paypal a while back and I was the seller. What happens if your balance becomes negative from a chargeback? Will they attempt to collect the money from you? Do I owe Paypal the negative amount?

•••
Perhaps, if the issue was domains being locked, it was only noticed when attempting a transfer. That being said does anyone know how long west.xyz takes to send you the auth code and unlock an .in domain?

As I mentioned before it's not exactly easy due to the process on the site and some of the terminology used differing from what we may be used to compared to regular registrar sites (GD, Dynadot etc). However, a support ticket is enough to get the ball rolling... it took me 2-3 days to receive the auth codes each time I did it. The staff are very helpful and understanding there.

Last edited:
•••
Thank you for this post, i will not buy from him. Can someone message me a list of his close friends and associates on NP, i will not buy from them as well.

•••
@LucidDomains

I think most of the people who are making accusations are people that didn't like Shane anyway (from the other "shady" thread(s) mentioned on this thread) so I think its easy to come to a decision here as well. People dont look at this case on its own, a separate matter.

I am not aiming this at you at all mate, I honestly mean that, but a lot of people here just skim-read through the thread and then have jumped on the bandwagon...thats the easy thing to do..

•••
Haven't seen it mentioned (although maybe I missed it) but Shane was conducting his .IN/.CO.IN business on NP under the name 'BuyPolar'. Here's one of his posts listing hundreds of CVCVs for sale in October:

https://www.namepros.com/threads/cvcv-in-6-50-each-if-you-buy-them-all-dici-in.977728/#post-5785276

Although the OP would have to clarify if ALL of the names listed here previously belonged to him, what I did notice is that there is a good handful of those 42 names that have yet to be recovered by the OP listed in there.

Post states the names were at West.xyz but no mention of them not being able to be transferred out (probably because, as others have testified, you can). Seems odd that he was happy to list them for sale if he had an issue with what he had been given.

Last edited:
•••
Why don't we use paypal model?
You don't respond, you lose!

•••
This makes him a scammer: he got full refund, then managed some of the OP's domains to be transferred away, but kept the money, went silent and twitted that OP's domains have been returned.

EDIT: he got full refund or claimed PP chargeback and then managed some of the OP's domains to be transferred away

upload_2017-1-17_16-26-56.png

Last edited:
•••
This makes him a scammer: he got full refund, then managed some of the OP's domains to be transferred away, but kept the money, went silent and twitted that OP's domains have been returned.

Is there a yellow brick road in your story too, because you just made that up. Nobody, not even OP has stated this timeline.

I'm realizing that this is like a gTLD discussion and that no intelligent conversation can be had unless you are part of the angry screaming mob.

Not surprised, that's what this forum has turned into; maybe it has always been that way.

Good luck to OP and Shane, this is another mar on the industry.

Last edited:
•••
Thats FALSE, and the proof posted by OP states that.

It looks like that while the PayPal complaint was being reviewed some of these domains did transfer. He was then given a full refund and then the domains were returned; that just the timeline that you can read from OP's posts.

So he may have actually had problems transferring out these .IN domains, as confirmed by the west.xyz response.

You can't even stick to OP's story kriss05, how are you just going to post false info. I'm with Giles on this one, too much idiocy here to have a legitimate conversation. I'm done w/ it.

LOL Shane is that you?

Shane got full refund, twitted that the names were returned to the previous owner. But he managed to transfer 42 OP's domains despite getting full refund and stating that OP's domains were returned to him. This is called scam/fraud.

If he started the transfer before he claimed PP chargeback and managed to transfer those 42 domains after he claimed PP chargeback, he must have given up, as his claims about names not being transferable/salable became pointless. But he didn't. This is called scam/fraud.

If he started domain transfer after he claimed PP chargeback, this is called scam/fraud.

•••
Not going crazy actually, just this @DomainVP guy went nonsense from the beginning.

Once someone puts some evidence, he quickly moves on demanding another one meanwhile crying on people who put some evidence. So biased.

Seriously, @DomainVP, you are going to make Shane's life even worse: your crys make people add more evidence and that is going to look worse and worse.

Back then you wanted to see evidence that Shane did own those 42 names - you got it - someone posted link to Shane's another account "BuyPolar" under which he posted those 42 names for sale at NP. Now you quickly forgot about that and still are crying: "show me some evidence" :xf.smile:

•••
My only consideration is that if someone one day would come here and say "Donnied made this this and this" I'd for sure come out and reply.
Maybe just one single reply with my side of the story, but I'd not stay silent for sure if I'm in good faith.

•••
Haven't seen it mentioned (although maybe I missed it) but Shane was conducting his .IN/.CO.IN business on NP under the name 'BuyPolar'. Here's one of his posts listing hundreds of CVCVs for sale in October:

https://www.namepros.com/threads/cvcv-in-6-50-each-if-you-buy-them-all-dici-in.977728/#post-5785276

Although the OP would have to clarify if ALL of the names listed here previously belonged to him, what I did notice is that there is a good handful of those 42 names that have yet to be recovered by the OP listed in there.

Post states the names were at West.xyz but no mention of them not being able to be transferred out (probably because, as others have testified, you can). Seems odd that he was happy to list them for sale if he had an issue with what he had been given.
Thanks for that information..
The joys of being able to have multiple alias on namepros.
Makes me wonder when someone posts if it is really a business account member using an alias or a member.
One account per person should be adequate here. Wouldnt help this situation but might help bring some trust back here. Or at least start.
BuyPolar fml
Blows me away people can have multiple identities here

•••
Professionals...

Can you imagine if GoDaddy actually sent an eMail like this... lol. What a mess.

"Some, foreign customers have transferred domains successfully". Which means a great deal of U.S. based customers have NOT had success with transfer outs.

"I think the complainant had successfully transferred some domains out, right?" How is this even a question from the registry? Did he, or didn't he?

Goodness gracious, man. That was an informal exchange which I chose to share - with the permission of Lilian. It's not an official policy position or report. Even if we ignore her command of English, it absolutely doesn't mean "a great deal of U.S. based customers have NOT had success with transfer outs." You keep accusing people of making judgements based on limited evidence, but here you are making a huge, huge leap of logic based on absolutely nothing. In fact, the manner which you tried to obfuscate the issue is very, very alarming.

At this stage, IMO, the only way your friend could be innocent of the OP's allegation is for all the other domainers involved with the WhatsApp group who have posted here to be involved in a massive, multiple nation-spanning conspiracy.

•••
@LucidDomains

I think most of the people who are making accusations are people that didn't like Shane anyway (from the other "shady" thread(s) mentioned on this thread) so I think its easy to come to a decision here as well. People dont look at this case on its own, a separate matter.

I am not aiming this at you at all mate, I honestly mean that, but a lot of people here just skim-read through the thread and then have jumped on the bandwagon...thats the easy thing to do..

Seriously @gilescoley only one that sounds like he skimmed the thread is you. How can evidence and facts not be enough for you. You need someone to step forward to argue his case before making up your mind?

Sounds like it would be pretty easy getting of the hook with you as the judge. Just keep quiet and you are fine. Plenty of people here know much more about this than you and presented their evidence. What you are going on about?

•••
Once someone puts some evidence, he quickly moves on demanding another one meanwhile crying on people who put some evidence.

Been asking for the same thing as everyone else, nothing has changed.

Prove that 42 domains were in fact sold maliciously and not returned to OP.

The end. Not much to ask for.

You would think the current owner would say "yes he sold them to me, I own them" But it seems that nobody can even produce that tiny piece of evidence.

This isn't about vindicating Shane or taking a side, it's about having the proof to back up claims.

So back it up... instead you yammer about 'crying'. Just prove it instead of making claims, it would wrap this all up with a nice bow. The problem is West.xyz, OP, and .IN group can't... and thats odd.

At this stage, IMO, the only way your friend could be innocent of the OP's allegation is for all the other domainers involved with the WhatsApp group who have posted here to be involved in a massive, multiple nation-spanning conspiracy.

That's not true, but it has been stated that .IN members 'trust' OP. So rather than hear about how much they trust him, let's seem some iron-clad proof.

Again, it's not much to ask for.

If I sold domains to someone, and they weren't mine to sell, the current owner would say something. There would also be a chain of custody record by the registry, it's fishy that none of this exists.

This is just basic stuff.

People would just rather call someone a thief rather than take a hard look at what has been presented.

I'm not alone in saying this, but the fringe posters here keep posting everything else BUT relevant hard proof.

If Shane is guilty, show us! let him be the most guilty person on the planet. But if you are going to make that claim, just back it up with something that leaves NO ROOM for questioning the claims of OP.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back