NameSilo

I lost $5805usd through PayPal scam by Shane Bellone

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

12no3

VIP Member
Impact
Many of my friend suggested me to post this on namepros so others will less likely to be scamed by shane.

So on 2016-09-26 and 2016-09-27 he bought 374 cvcv.in names and 471 cvcv.in names all together 845 .in names together. (these are random cvcv.in)
together he paid me on paypal 5805 usd.

I pushed the domain to him, then everything is fine. the deal was made through whatsapp chat.
deal closed.
then I saw him selling them on .in markect group, flipped some for higher price.

until 27the decenmber when i log in to my paypal to make another purchase, i see paypal refunded 5805 back to him, then i look up my email, i saw paypal disput which i completed missed.
buyer claim reason: NOT AS DESCRIBED! (this is after he sold and transfer out some of those)

I did not know paypal had this 3 months rules where buyer can claim the money back, and becuase i do not log on paypal so often and get xxx amount of emails every days, so i missed the window that i could have argued with paypal. but well lesson learned.

Some infomation of shane so other can avoid being scamed by him
http://this_username_was_banned.com/
http://www.domainsherpa.com/shane-bellone-itmagazine-interview/
http://tldinvestors.com/2016/05/shane-bellone-saying-goodbye-to-domaining.html
http://omarandwill.com/interview-with-the-expert-volume-2-featuring-shane-bellone/
https://www.facebook.com/app_scoped_user_id/10154332611129273
https://www.linkedin.com/in/this_username_was_banned

https://twitter.com/this_username_was_banned

good news is after I provided all the evidence to the registrar, the registrar moved the remaining (ones he did not sold or transfer out) to my account, so at least i got something back.

Becuareful when using paypal,and becuareful when you trade any domain that was processed by shane.

During the process of getting the unsold domains by shane, I had great help from .in whatsapp group, so special thx who provide information and also special thx to shiva , kemji, alexa and indy who tried to contact shane for me, but he went dark, not picking his cell phone, does not respond back on whatsapp nor linkedin.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    62.9 KB · Views: 1,016
  • 2.png
    2.png
    67.8 KB · Views: 395
  • 3.png
    3.png
    28.4 KB · Views: 355
  • 微信截图_20161228201831.png
    微信截图_20161228201831.png
    142.5 KB · Views: 363
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Seller is always wrong by default in PayPal.
Never forget about that.

•••
Show attachment 47407 Show attachment 47408

Whether he is a scammer or not, he insults all of China when his transaction goes bad.

Racist troll comes to mind.

And you gave this guy a PRO badge.. :facepalm:

@Eric Lyon, I understand his account his closed, but why does he still have the PRO badge? Remove that badge from his closed account, there are some PRO members in this forum I do respect and are worthy of having the badge. Ask yourself, is this guy one of them? Does he have all your required qualities listed...

To become a PRO...

You must meet all the criteria below:

• Professional
  • Respectful
  • Trustworthy
  • Sincere
  • Honest
  • Ethical
  • Vouched for by a PRO member.

Attachments

• pro.png
    pro.png
    21.4 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:
•••
Let me call you out then. @DomainVP You are the sycophant I was referring to in this thread.

He has others and its becoming clear that his cronies might have been doing more than just trying to defend a hustler, but also might have been actively trying to aide him in scamming (or profit maximizing as you would probably label it).

I dont know if you are a shill bidder. I just know you are a lousy judge of character and you have heaps of misplaced loyalty. And for some reason you are defending a person with shady character until the very end, when he himself does not even bother. Chose your battles wisely. In the end SBs rep has tainted yours, not that you had any in my book.

BTW:
Who made you VP or ambassador of anything?

Last edited:
•••
Thats FALSE, and the proof posted by OP states that.

It looks like that while the PayPal complaint was being reviewed some of these domains did transfer. He was then given a full refund and then the domains were returned; that just the timeline that you can read from OP's posts.

So he may have actually had problems transferring out these .IN domains, as confirmed by the west.xyz response.

You can't even stick to OP's story kriss05, how are you just going to post false info. I'm with Giles on this one, too much idiocy here to have a legitimate conversation. I'm done w/ it.

LOL Shane is that you?

Shane got full refund, twitted that the names were returned to the previous owner. But he managed to transfer 42 OP's domains despite getting full refund and stating that OP's domains were returned to him. This is called scam/fraud.

If he started the transfer before he claimed PP chargeback and managed to transfer those 42 domains after he claimed PP chargeback, he must have given up, as his claims about names not being transferable/salable became pointless. But he didn't. This is called scam/fraud.

If he started domain transfer after he claimed PP chargeback, this is called scam/fraud.

•••
My only consideration is that if someone one day would come here and say "Donnied made this this and this" I'd for sure come out and reply.
Maybe just one single reply with my side of the story, but I'd not stay silent for sure if I'm in good faith.

•••
However this plays out...It's so sad that there are people that still operate without an ounce of integrity or professionalism. You reputation is everything in business, especially with online transactions like this where you dont get to meet a lot of people you do business with..what happened to "a man is only as good as his word"? Karma is a bitch though.

Forget business, I’d be more worried about my identity as a human-being being tarnished.

Type Shane’s name into Google now and see what comes up, that can’t be good seeing your face plastered everywhere along with ‘scammer’ ‘fraud’ along with other things. If he meets a woman or he decides to go different career path and potential employers Google his name or if he has children and his kids Google his name in or his children's friends/parents Google his name in, that can't be good for you.

Not that I’d ever get myself into a mess like this, but it’s one of the reasons I would never post my real name on a public forum and never post a picture of myself, it can only backfire if you upset someone.

•••
What does it mean when Adam Dicker has a better account standing than duo Shane Bellone and David Walker?

adam.dicker.png
shane.bellone.png
david.walker.png

IMO, it means stay away.

My next question is where did Mr. Bellone's PROness go? Did he switch to a PRINcess?

(I'm just here for the likes)

•••
Wow, he has 106 followers....... that is 106 more than he has real friends.

•••
I want to hear both sides but nothing really shocks me anymore.

•••
I understand people have difficulty sometimes, so I actually waited 20 days to post this. and during these 20 days me and some people who also know him tried to contact him, at least give me an explaination.

In the future I will not be using paypal for any amount :)

1: shane has not responded in all possible channels by me or people who helping to me contact him.(for 20 days not responding to anyone anything, but apear to be active on some social media platforms)

2: after purchasing it, he sold and transfered out part of the few hundreds cvcv.in. and he claim to paypal to refund all money he sent.

3: why waited 3months to claim the money, if he is not criminal?

and his namepros account are banned I heard, not a good sign, i wish he have his side of story.
even it is he need urgent money for xmas, or anything.

But this wont stop my domaining passion :)

•••
You don't just not reply to a PayPal dispute... you don't find that odd? Of course not.

This actually is not all that implausible as you make it out. I use my Wife's Paypal to receive funds when my account crosses the limit or I don't have access to Paypal (due to login verification issues or other reasons). Her Paypal is tied to her e-mail ID that I don't check. It would be very easy for me to miss a dispute e-mail in this scenario. Not a made up scenario but real. Oh and yes, I did just get her to check all e-mails from Paypal in her account to make sure there weren't any disputed charges or refunds (phew)

•••
Looking at the plain facts, the OP has been scammed and lost money. The only mistake OP did was not to check email during the time chargeback was made on Paypal.

If Shane is innocent as his minnows here claim to be why the freaking hell doesn't he respond to calls & WA messages ? Why????? Shane has time to update his twitter feed BUT no freaking time to respond to messages.

Attaching SCREENSHOTS of Shane's twitter feed

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-01-16 at 7.48.34 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-01-16 at 7.48.34 AM.png
    538.7 KB · Views: 82
•••
You didn't respond to the PayPal dispute b/c you knew you were dead wrong. You were hoping that it got dropped based on the failed disputes on 'intangible items' clause that PayPal stuck by until a few months ago.
Why do you sound so emotionally involved and flustered?

Are you business partners with Mr. Bellone? Your unwavering devotion to him is confounding. O_o

•••
•••
My speculation based on this thread and on twitter is...

Shane made a deal to buy ~850 domains.
The transaction went through without a hitch at the end of Sept.
He sold 42 domain successfully between September to December.
End of December, he was unable to access 1 or more domains in his account apparently.
He then decided to back out the deal and dispute the payment with the Seller.
Seller failed to check inbox during Christmas period and Shane won by default.
Seller + several others chase Shane for several weeks without reply.

So we need to know one thing, was the total number of domain names returned as Shane indicated in the transcript above. We need a full list of all domains in the transaction and we need to work out if the 42 domains were not returned. That's it. If all domains were returned as indicated above, case closed. If Shane did not return 42 domains as OP claims, then there is a big issue.

As for backing out of the deal several months later. Using a fake email address "throwaway" and racial and political insults, claiming he didn't have seller's contact information, claiming domains were "stuck" and whatever else I left out.....that's another story.

Last edited:
•••
All I know is this is some funny shi*! A little karma coming around to bite someone in the as*. lol

I have been at this for 20 years and no complaints. You get some kids in here who like to run they mouth and they have demons of they own.

#PopcornWorthy

•••
I have used Paypal for domain transactions since 2005. Never had a scam or chargeback against me (knock on wood). More than 2000 transactions total.

If you vet your buyers and only transact with individuals you trust, then is a nice medium to do quick deals through.

•••
So can I buy someones domains, use it, market it, try to sell it, then return it as defective?

If you buy the argument a domain can be Defective then the OP is wrong.

If a domain cannot be technically defective after it is sold, and accepted then the OP is right.

It is a yes, or no argument.

The buyer returned the domains via refund via PayPal dispute because they deemed them to be defective.

So as a seller of domains, if a buyer has technical issues with a domain, they are free to return them to you for full refund on the basis of being defective?

Last edited:
•••
How does someone with a pro badge here, buy 900 domains for 5k and not understand all the details involved before purchasing?
2c6cb038_resized_the_fonz_meme_generator_heyyyyy.jpg

•••
•••
At least we have "his side of the story" now. :D

Personally I think he is liable for the FULL $5.8k, and definitely not a pro-rata settlement as others have mentioned. He wasn't forced to make a deal with the seller, so the seller could've easily made a deal with someone else that time. A deal is a deal!

Now there are people in this thread (quite a few) who were involved in shady dealings in 2015/2016 where they placed bids and never paid, shill bidding, pumping/dumping, you name it, and now they are here pretending to be angels-pffffft give me a break! That's the weird thing staring us right in the face in this thread, and they know who they are. No need for the holier-than-thou attitude. Screwing a seller is wrong: when you dispute a payment, AND when you don't pay. All this talk of a Pro badge: doesn't mean that you don't have a badge, that you don't need to pay! Y'all know who you are. ;)

Anyway, Shane should make right with the seller- pay the FULL $5.8K and a bit more for the hassles he caused.
Hey, if you know people are shill bidding and committing fraud call them out, don't just throw out assumptions, you are only creating ill will for the namepros brand. Otherwise report it to Eric he is good about making sure these people are booted.

Why have these flippa power brokers doing this fly by night scenario, come in, hype everyone up, then exit? I don't know what's up?

Eveyone thinks domaining is easy, well it's not you need a strong portfolio, you need to know how to negotiate, and you got to be honest, along with some serious capital.

Anyone can get lucky with a one hit deal, but that money is quickly spent in the aftermarket on virtual paper weights.

But, if you knew people were shill bidding, and you kept quiet about it, you not only let it happen, you enabled them as well.

Last edited:
•••
•••
This is too Juicy. I could jump on this. too easy. but let me be good and wait to hear Shane's side of the story before passing judgement. although very tempting! lol let me get my popcorn for this one! sounds crazy though. almost "too" crazy. could Shane really do this?

now I've seen and heard everything. wait and see.

•••
Waiting to hear both sides of the story but that's a huge amount to use Paypal with. I'd probably have used an escrow service (Escrow.com, Payoneer, Epik etc)

•••

Damn! that's nuts! I actually read that start to finish! I never knew! it even says he had friends on NP doing his dirty work?

and Flippa? is it all true? a bit confused. so.....are flippa upgrades worthless?and are editors choice really just "buddy system"?

seriously is that site bogus? or is it talking the truth?

what to believe?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back