Dynadot

I lost $5805usd through PayPal scam by Shane Bellone

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

12no3

VIP Member
Impact
Many of my friend suggested me to post this on namepros so others will less likely to be scamed by shane.

So on 2016-09-26 and 2016-09-27 he bought 374 cvcv.in names and 471 cvcv.in names all together 845 .in names together. (these are random cvcv.in)
together he paid me on paypal 5805 usd.

I pushed the domain to him, then everything is fine. the deal was made through whatsapp chat.
deal closed.
then I saw him selling them on .in markect group, flipped some for higher price.

until 27the decenmber when i log in to my paypal to make another purchase, i see paypal refunded 5805 back to him, then i look up my email, i saw paypal disput which i completed missed.
buyer claim reason: NOT AS DESCRIBED! (this is after he sold and transfer out some of those)

I did not know paypal had this 3 months rules where buyer can claim the money back, and becuase i do not log on paypal so often and get xxx amount of emails every days, so i missed the window that i could have argued with paypal. but well lesson learned.

Some infomation of shane so other can avoid being scamed by him
http://this_username_was_banned.com/
http://www.domainsherpa.com/shane-bellone-itmagazine-interview/
http://tldinvestors.com/2016/05/shane-bellone-saying-goodbye-to-domaining.html
http://omarandwill.com/interview-with-the-expert-volume-2-featuring-shane-bellone/
https://www.facebook.com/app_scoped_user_id/10154332611129273
https://www.linkedin.com/in/this_username_was_banned

https://twitter.com/this_username_was_banned

good news is after I provided all the evidence to the registrar, the registrar moved the remaining (ones he did not sold or transfer out) to my account, so at least i got something back.

Becuareful when using paypal,and becuareful when you trade any domain that was processed by shane.

During the process of getting the unsold domains by shane, I had great help from .in whatsapp group, so special thx who provide information and also special thx to shiva , kemji, alexa and indy who tried to contact shane for me, but he went dark, not picking his cell phone, does not respond back on whatsapp nor linkedin.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    62.9 KB · Views: 949
  • 2.png
    2.png
    67.8 KB · Views: 392
  • 3.png
    3.png
    28.4 KB · Views: 354
  • 微信截图_20161228201831.png
    微信截图_20161228201831.png
    142.5 KB · Views: 359
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
A person can be convicted through circumstantial evidence. I think the paypal screenshots and the PDF file presented favors the OP in this case.

Thats true, but 99% of the time this wont and doesnt happen, thats why its better to get all the info from both parties first, unless one doesnt respond of course :xf.smile:

Not defending yourself only makes you look even more guilty. And this is the same guy breaking down someone else's reputation (Adam) and criticizing them for not being responsive??

I agree, it does make him look guilty, but because someone doesn't respond, it doesn't mean he is. I would certainly be on here in a flash if I was accused of something. I am just talking in general here and not about this thread in particular.

Last edited:
•••
I got one of those feelings when I read the goodbye post ..........ummm

•••
Was that for his M.S. or B.S? :D

•••
Me? I know who I am! I’m a dude playin’ a dude disguised as another dude.

He sounds like a class act. If he keeps allegedly ripping people off and chirping like that, one day he's going to be in deep sh*t from the wrong people. It's just the way it goes with peeps like that.

In fact, if you have proof of him scamming you, I'm pretty certain you can find people who would gladly buy that debt and go collecting themselves. wink wink. You may only get 50 cents on the dollar (or less), but unless you can figure out a way to utilize the loss on your taxes, it's always difficult losing money thru a scam...recover what you can.

What about small claims court? File the papers, with your supporting documents. His arrogance would suggest he'll not respond to the papers you have served. Once that happens, go for judgment. With judgment hire a bailiff to go seize his property: recover costs and your loss. Unfortunately, you'll still be out the domains, but then again you happily sold them for the value he scammed, right. So it's a win in the end. Maybe his little beamer has equity.

Last edited:
•••
These guys will never stop. Until we're in a platform which provides us escrow services like escrow.com (Give and Take Policy - Securely)

I hope NamePros.com will soon provide us escrow services for us... For secure payment transactions from Buyer to Seller. And a secure Domain push confirmation from seller to the buyer.

@Eric Lyon

Your view ?

•••
Your view ?

That's a whole different beast, with many factors to consider. Unfortunately, it's not as simple as just saying okay let's add it. It would be interesting to conduct a risk vs reward analysis for the inclusion of that additional service into NP.

At the very least, maybe find a good partner company to integrate into the process. Someone operating under a micropayment process (benefit: small fees), since most sales are small, but also with the capabilities to handle larger sales. Most importantly a platform where both buyer and seller are mutually protected.

•••
Most importantly a platform where both buyer and seller are mutually protected.

This is what everyone (buyer and seller) requires. I always read "impossible" as "i" "m" "possible". There should be some way around to protect buyer and seller. (y):xf.wink:

•••
I guess, Withdrawing the amount from your paypal account as soon as you get the money would be a good idea so the buyer couldn't make a refund.

•••
I guess, Withdrawing the amount from your paypal account as soon as you get the money would be a good idea so the buyer couldn't make a refund.

Unfortunately, it's not that simple.

•••
•••
That's a whole different beast, with many factors to consider. Unfortunately, it's not as simple as just saying okay let's add it. It would be interesting to conduct a risk vs reward analysis for the inclusion of that additional service into NP.

At the very least, maybe find a good partner company to integrate into the process. Someone operating under a micropayment process (benefit: small fees), since most sales are small, but also with the capabilities to handle larger sales. Most importantly a platform where both buyer and seller are mutually protected.

.... OR just pay attention to your paypal emails or when you login click on the BIG red warning that says "Outstanding Case" and "Needs Response."

There are already enough methods for conducting transactions.

There will always be people who take advantage of others and there will always be people with good intentions who fall on hard times and the situation snowballs into something worse.

•••
shocking to notice. shane doing this.. But i want to hear his side before concluding
He can't be so greedy, he was flipping .IN for fair gains..

Last edited:
•••
Wow , and yet big support from Flippa on his listings.

•••
Wow , and yet big support from Flippa on his listings.
That was before these allegations. He was a good person to work with when I worked with him.

•••
Hi guys can someone provide me a brief explanation of the 25 pages? Did shane respond?

•••
Nothing changes on this earth. Old stories by new personages.

•••
That was before these allegations. He was a good person to work with when I worked with him.
so who is Fish Stick Selling DNPages dot com on flippa? Not the Same person?

•••
Oh, didn't realize you meant now. Didn't know he was selling that.

•••
I forgot too that flippa has no ethics anyway.

•••

Looks like he's trying to get back in the game, probably shilling his own auction. Someone at @FlippaDomains should scrutinise his bidders and their account history/backgrounds. Do your due diligence, before a Flippa scandal takes off.

•••

Unbelievable...Flippa never ceases to surprise and impress me for the worse, really.

Looks like he's trying to get back in the game, probably shilling his own auction. Someone at @FlippaDomains should scrutinise his bidders and their account history/backgrounds. Do your due diligence, before a Flippa scandal takes off.

That is not going to happen unfortunately.

Like I suggested in another Flippa thread we all should stop using it THEN they will show up.

https://www.namepros.com/threads/connor-paddon-and-gerald-barja-flippa-scam-syndicate.1032653

•••

Why should Shane be barred from selling on Flippa? This paypal incident is NOT the reason his NP account is closed. To my knowledge he hasn't violated Flippa TOS either.

Why don't you look at the bids before making that assumption. He has never been outed for shill bidding. Your assumption to this is completely unwarranted and disrespectful.

Unbelievable...Flippa never ceases to surprise and impress me for the worse, really.

What exactly has Flippa done in regards to Shane, that warrants your response. I think you calling this out as something discredits all the actual shady stuff flippa is doing/allowing/not catching.

GTFOH with this weak sauce correlation.

Last edited:
•••
Why should Shane be barred from selling on Flippa? This paypal incident is NOT the reason his NP account is closed. To my knowledge he hasn't violated Flippa TOS either.

Why don't you look at the bids before making that assumption. He has never been outed for shill bidding. Your assumption to this is completely unwarranted and disrespectful.

What exactly has Flippa done in regards to Shane, that warrants your response. I think you calling this out as something discredits all the actual shady stuff flippa is doing/allowing/not catching.

Why you are getting so upset?

•••

I didn't realise you were a Shane Bellone defender/lover. Have you even read this thread. He is a proven scammer. Should all scammers be given second chances, I don't know. Should all scammers have all their future auctions and bids scrutinised. Abso-f*cking-lulety.

Last edited:
•••
Why you are getting so upset?

Because you're slandering a United States military veteran. The PayPal thread may have merit. Him selling his old business domain on Flippa is his right. Sure, you can put a spotlight on it, but to go straight mob mentality without ANY proof is unfathomable.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back