IT.COM

I lost $5805usd through PayPal scam by Shane Bellone

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

12no3

VIP Member
Impact
Many of my friend suggested me to post this on namepros so others will less likely to be scamed by shane.

So on 2016-09-26 and 2016-09-27 he bought 374 cvcv.in names and 471 cvcv.in names all together 845 .in names together. (these are random cvcv.in)
together he paid me on paypal 5805 usd.

I pushed the domain to him, then everything is fine. the deal was made through whatsapp chat.
deal closed.
then I saw him selling them on .in markect group, flipped some for higher price.

until 27the decenmber when i log in to my paypal to make another purchase, i see paypal refunded 5805 back to him, then i look up my email, i saw paypal disput which i completed missed.
buyer claim reason: NOT AS DESCRIBED! (this is after he sold and transfer out some of those)

I did not know paypal had this 3 months rules where buyer can claim the money back, and becuase i do not log on paypal so often and get xxx amount of emails every days, so i missed the window that i could have argued with paypal. but well lesson learned.

Some infomation of shane so other can avoid being scamed by him
http://this_username_was_banned.com/
http://www.domainsherpa.com/shane-bellone-itmagazine-interview/
http://tldinvestors.com/2016/05/shane-bellone-saying-goodbye-to-domaining.html
http://omarandwill.com/interview-with-the-expert-volume-2-featuring-shane-bellone/
https://www.facebook.com/app_scoped_user_id/10154332611129273
https://www.linkedin.com/in/this_username_was_banned

https://twitter.com/this_username_was_banned

good news is after I provided all the evidence to the registrar, the registrar moved the remaining (ones he did not sold or transfer out) to my account, so at least i got something back.

Becuareful when using paypal,and becuareful when you trade any domain that was processed by shane.

During the process of getting the unsold domains by shane, I had great help from .in whatsapp group, so special thx who provide information and also special thx to shiva , kemji, alexa and indy who tried to contact shane for me, but he went dark, not picking his cell phone, does not respond back on whatsapp nor linkedin.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    62.9 KB · Views: 1,011
  • 2.png
    2.png
    67.8 KB · Views: 395
  • 3.png
    3.png
    28.4 KB · Views: 355
  • 微信截图_20161228201831.png
    微信截图_20161228201831.png
    142.5 KB · Views: 363
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
@DomainVP, an apology would be nice to the OP, you did say a lot of distasteful things in my opinion.

OP should have presented his side so that there was no room for debate. Again, that was the whole issue at hand. His representation, story, and actions seemed 'odd'. Not just to me, but to many others. It just so happens that I am vocal about it because I've seen this happen before and am vocal about proper representation before making claims.

After reading this this thread and the other by the buyer of the aforementioned 42 domains, when the buyer of the 42 domains got the codes and notified Shane then the dispute should have been closed.

I think Shane was right in filing a dispute with the information he had, however once it was clear that west.xyz was just minimally incompetent and could transfer domains with maximum effort, then the dispute should have been closed.

I don't endorse the business style of OP, Shane, nor West.Xyz.

Last edited:
•••
OP should have presented his side so that there was no room for debate. Again, that was the whole issue at hand. His representation, story, and actions seemed 'odd'. Not just to me, but to many others. It just so happens that I am vocal about it because I've seen this happen before and am vocal about proper representation before making claims.
You were not just 'vocal' though. You verbally abused the OP and called him a liar and a conman, and you said his story was garbage, B.S. and nonsense. Even after everything he wrote has been substantiated, you still deem him unworthy of an apology. You also still haven't uttered a single criticism of Shane Bellone.

I think Shane was right in filing a dispute with the information he had, however once it was clear that west.xyz was just minimally incompetent and could transfer domains with maximum effort, then the dispute should have been closed.
You think Shane is right in filing a dispute even though he has profited from 42 of the domains? You think he was right to file a dispute even though the OP is not responsible for any perceived fault of the registrar? You think it's right if I bought a domain from you, and filed a dispute three months later because GoDaddy allegedly took eight days to transfer the domains?

Do you think Shane stealing 42 domains from the OP as a business style? Do you think it's a business style for Shane to hold 845 domains for the three months, unsuccessfully tried to sell them, and then filed a dispute? Do you think it's business style for Shane to ignore the OP completely after the refund claim, in spite of already profiting from some of the domains and holding the rest of the domains for three months? Do you think it's a business style for Shane not to make any effort to return the domains back to the OP voluntarily after he filed the claim? How do you think the OP should have conducted his business style differently?

Last edited:
•••

After reading this this thread and the other by the buyer of the aforementioned 42 domains, when the buyer of the 42 domains got the codes and notified Shane then the dispute should have been closed.

Wow, I'm not even going to reply to that.

I wish you the best of luck in life...somehow I think you're going to need it.

Last edited:
•••
Shane is clearly wrong here. Not sure why there's pages of discussion...

•••
OP should have presented his side so that there was no room for debate. Again, that was the whole issue at hand. His representation, story, and actions seemed 'odd'. Not just to me, but to many others.

Who are many others? How many is your many?
And what about Shane Bellone presenting his side of the story? It's not necessary, his absense from the thread seemed 'natural' to you, right? Wow!

I think Shane was right in filing a dispute with the information he had

Shane filed dispute in December, when 42 domains were transferred by him to the buyer way before that.
He could transfer the rest of domains as well if he wanted. But still he told Paypal that domains were damaged (couldn't be transferred). That's fraud.

And you still trying to defend him, knowing all that. :jawdrop:

So my vested interest is making sure that if someone calls someone a scammer, that they have the solid proof to do so.

Ironically you don't follow your own advice

Once again, bull-sh*t.

You didn't respond to the PayPal dispute b/c you knew you were dead wrong. You were hoping that it got dropped based on the failed disputes on 'intangible items' clause that PayPal stuck by until a few months ago.

•••
•••
Wow, he has 106 followers....... that is 106 more than he has real friends.

•••
•••
The other account has never been used at all..not a single tweet..☺

Last edited:
•••
The other account ever has never been used at all..not a single tweet..☺
That must be his "throwaway" ;)
No, wait, that's his back up... the one he's totally demolished now is his throwaway.

Peace,
Cy

Last edited:
•••
•••

Unquestionable Integrity is superior in my view and far more respected than pride. Be humble buddy and Just stick to your word say sorry and immediately gain respect among your peers, In Business perception matters no one is perfect your point of view is understood, Infact I understood your rationale But I just don't get why your opinion hasn't changed. My advise only take it or leave it . Wish you all the Best.

•••
It's really amazing to me that none of the domain name thieves have been prosecuted such as Toby or anyone else. It reminds me of the case of Lawrence Salander, a NYC art dealer that basically would sell art pieces that he didn't own, sometimes multiple times, and basically pocket the money. This went on for some time until Lawrence had the idea that he would have a huge art show to recoup all of the money. The main centerpieces at the show were supposed to be really expensive pieces but the owner of the art caught on and basically stole his art back before the show. The day of the show the doors were locked and Lawrence Salander was arrested. I think he got 15 years or so.

Another time a person in Sheboygan, WI, where I used to live sold the domain Sofa.com without the owners knowledge and pocketed the cash. I think he served 6 years for theft. Do these thefts go unreported? I can't speak for Shane but I know if Toby were in the financial world he would be serving 6-10 years or so.

•••
I can't speak for Shane but I know if Toby were in the financial world he would be serving 6-10 years or so.

Did you know, he relaunched his brokerage newsletter last week?D-:

And it doesn't matter much to him.:guilty:

It's really amazing to me that none of the domain name thieves have been prosecuted such as Toby or anyone else.

Last edited:
•••
But why are almost all of the most popular figure in domain industry are scammer tendencies?
I 'm sorry for those who are not of that character.

•••
But why are almost all of the most popular figure in domain industry are scammer tendencies?
I 'm sorry for those who are not of that character.
Most actually aren't. But all are salesman. The difference is most don't take your money. It just seems like it because the ones that do receive so much attention.

•••
That's unfortunate. Perhaps making use of an escrow service might be the way to go rather using PayPal.

•••
The 23 pages of this thread are an eye opener....If it were not clear enough before now I am definitely aware of those members I will never make a deal with.

I thank the OP for his courage and the service ( appreciated or not ) he did to this community.

•••

They are aware they won't be prosecuted and will be scot-free, so they do it intentionally.

Last edited:
•••
The 23 pages of this thread are an eye opener....If it were not clear enough before now I am definitely aware of those members I will never make a deal with.

I thank the OP for his courage and the service ( appreciated or not ) he did to this community.

^

Last edited:
•••
Wow! Did the OP get his money back? Did not read the full thread

•••
I do not believe OP got his money back, he did not give such an update.

He got most of the domains back, except the ones that Shane sold.

I think he created this thread to warn fellow domainers; to remind members to check emails everyday (not to miss Paypal disputes) and to avoid using paypal for such big transactions, instead use an escrow service.

•••
On the bright side...there's one less scumbag in our business.
"A snake may shed his skin, but he's still a snake underneath"​

•••
•••
Dicker and Bellone & ("baloney")

Isn't it ironic when scam artists have self incriminating last names?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back