IT.COM

news "I bought it for $120 & flipped it 27 days later for $10,000" - Meet Shane Bellone

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.
Impact
shane-bellone-300x300.jpg

My best single domain sale has been ITMagazine.com. As some of you know, I bought it for $120 and flipped it 27 days later for $10,000. It was an exciting moment as it was my first 5-figure deal. After that, I dove into domaining full-time.

I started domaining back in 2012 when I started my first development project. I realized that domains were hard to find so I did some research and quickly realized they were a digital commodity. It immediately sparked my interest since I was heavily invested in the stock market at the time.

Q. What do you feel is the best and worst aspect about the domain industry?

The best aspect of the domaining industry is that it caters to those who think outside of the box. I find this type of work mentally stimulating which in turn keeps me interested. I get bored easily so I’m drawn to the challenge.

I despise the lack of transparency. It is too easy to cheat people out of their hard earned money with some deceptive but common practices. It’s borderline pathetic.

Read the whole interview >>

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
SB is a no BS kinda dude. I enjoy seeing him around.
I thought he he said something abotu quitting recently.
but if I misread or misunderstood then that's good news!

anyway, thanks for the read

•••
SB is a no BS kinda dude. I enjoy seeing him around.
I thought he he said something abotu quitting recently.
but if I misread or misunderstood then that's good news!

anyway, thanks for the read
Actually his goodbye post was the first thing i read when I joined NP. However, he has been a little more active recently, i even bough a name from him.

•••
•••
•••
looks like Shane has retired from retirement ;)

WHAT ADVICE WOULD YOU GIVE NEWCOMERS?
No one can teach you how to make money in this industry. Anyone who claims to is lying. This profession is not easy so stop being lazy and do the work.

and now

"butter bei de fisch"
[Put up or shut up!]

what exactly is "the work" ?
what do we need to do?

•••
A thread about an old sale to promote a website?

•••
So frustrating... This should be removed from news thread.

•••
Great interview, sums up the industry as it currently is without the BS !

•••
This is years old news. If I remember rightly it's from his sherpa interview.....

•••
he is a good guy...always helping the community.. :)

Salute!

•••
Nice. Liquidating in just 27 days for that kind of ROI? Excellent!

•••
•••
How things can change in a matter of only 6 or 7 months :)

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back