Dynadot

opinion I have passed $700 offer for hand reg domain, did I make a mistake?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hello guys.
After 6 days of reg. a domain name, I have received an offer for $700, but I have passed it.
Did I make a mistake?
Thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Not enough info to say, but probably. Good Luck

•••
•••
No way of knowing. Ive sold hand reg names for far more. Does it have commercial appeal? Can you identify multiple potential end users?

•••
No way of knowing. Ive sold hand reg names for far more. Does it have commercial appeal? Can you identify multiple potential end users?
Not yet.

Last edited:
•••
ok, saw your new post after i replied. Id consider that pretty limited. The offer was probable a good one. I would re-engage them. That said, you hand reged it. Do you know of markets for this?

The good news is if they offered 700 as an initial offer you can probably get more. Suggest that after reflection you have decided that you will sell for an even $1000 (or whatever you feel is right for you) for a quick deal.

Last edited:
•••
ok, saw your new post after i replied. Id consider that pretty limited. The offer was probable a good one. I would re-engage them. That said, you hand reged it. Do you know of markets for this?

The good news is if they offered 700 as an initial offer you can probably get more
Yes, I have sent a counter offer for $1,900.

•••
I would have taken it and run

•••
•••
Yes, I have sent a counter offer for $1,900.
That's a good counter.. If they really want it; i bet you'll ear back from them..

•••
•••
Re-engage.
Id call them if I had their number. Otherwise email. Focus them on the concept of lets work on a mutually beneficial deal. Offer to negotiate for a quick deal today.. Dont be afraid to ask. What is your budget to acquire this name? And go from there. That's what Id do at least

•••
Re-engage.
Id call them if I had their number. Otherwise email. Focus them on the concept of lets work on a mutually beneficial deal. Offer to negotiate for a quick deal today.. Dont be afraid to ask. What is your budget to acquire this name? And go from there. That's what Id do at least
The marketplace broker sent them many reminders.

•••
•••
•••
At first glance I saw Turnkey Companies. That makes a lot more sense than Turkey Companies. O_o

Perhaps that's what they too thought they were looking at initially. If that's the case, I doubt they would have actually completed a deal anyways without noticing, if that's any comfort.

Either way, good luck!

Hopefully you've got a flock of turkey companies working to claw together the $1900 right now.

•••
At first I was going to make some trivial comment about turkey domains, but I see that that has been registered in China.

You've got two markets - turkey producers like Butterball,and companies in Turkey. It's difficult to know which would be the most lucrative, so I'd try both. :)

•••
What can you do with this name ? A directory of companies in Turkey ? I don't see a lot of possible uses/buyers. If the offer is legit, I think you should take the money.

•••
What can you do with this name ? A directory of companies in Turkey ? I don't see a lot of possible uses/buyers. If the offer is legit, I think you should take the money.
I am not looking do develop it, just to resell it.
By the way, the potential buyer was from Turkey.
Thanks.

•••
Sounds like they moved on to a different domain, and yours probably just isn't useful to them anymore, regardless of the cost.

But, if one Turkish buyer was interested, you may well see another.

Last edited:
•••
Send multiple emails immediately and say you made a terrible mistake....

Offer it back at $699 and pay the fees.

That was a needle in the haystack sale.

Kevin

•••
Offers doesn't come time to time. I would be so happy to take that offer.

•••
Mistake #4 In love with the name and be greedy.

Take the money - run fast and don't look back.

•••
Agreed OP will be lucky to sell this domain to another buyer for more than $50. Most members would probably never reg such a domain.

•••
In general, you will want to counter-offer, but not reject offers for handregs. Stay in touch with the buyer, ask about his budget while offering to give a discount, and be ready to accept if he starts to become less eager to bargain.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back