Dynadot

advice I have no way of seeing offers on my 275 domain names.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

EASYPICKINGS

Established Member
Impact
Over the last year I used different accounts to take advantage of promo codes to pay $1-$5 per domain name. For these accounts I would use random emails.. and I just realized that if someone makes an offer I will only be contact via email.... So for some of my 275 names I do have attached to me emails, but for the rest, their are hundreds of emails I dont have access to that may have offers...

WHAT DO I DO?

Do I go through each name, call the registrar, and ask if their were any offers on the name? I know offers expire as well....... but could I alteast find out if their were offers?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Stop being penny wise pound foolish. We used to play that game with multiple GoDaddy accounts to take advantage of new account coupons and deals but eventually just settled into paying about eight dollars per at just one registrar (not GoDaddy).

That’s the long term solution.

Last edited:
•••
Or every time you use a fake email, you don't use a fake email but a real one forwarding to yours.

•••
Over the last year I used different accounts to take advantage of promo codes to pay $1-$5 per domain name. For these accounts I would use random emails.. and I just realized that if someone makes an offer I will only be contact via email.... So for some of my 275 names I do have attached to me emails, but for the rest, their are hundreds of emails I dont have access to that may have offers...

WHAT DO I DO?

Do I go through each name, call the registrar, and ask if their were any offers on the name? I know offers expire as well....... but could I alteast find out if their were offers?

Next time use a valid email.

•••
Try pushing all to one account. But there is risk of the registrar discovering what you did and hitting out to you.

It's unethical to do that, avoid opening yourself to such risky situation.

•••
Did you neglect to point Name Servers to a landing page ?

also if any did sell how would you ever get the auth code with no access to email ?

Im sorry , id love to give input, but I dont really understand the full scenario

•••
. and I just realized that if someone makes an offer I will only be contact via email....

If you are talking about the buyer reaching you via whois isnt isn't your email address being redacted anyway under the new whois rules which went into effect several mos ago?

Anyway, I don't think a buyer would somehow contact the domain registrar to make an offer and if he did I doubt it would be handled or they kept a record of it.

Last edited:
•••
•••
If you have it listed on the market places and forward the name server to one, you may not need to worry about it. They will see offers at their market place and contact you.

•••
Try selling some good names by doing outbound sales.. that will cover your renewal fees/loses.. Not everytime the end user will reach out to you and ask for a price, you should be doing it proactively

•••
I've pointed all my domain names to few of my websites, I've setup my websites to host multiple domain names each, using code to auto-detect and dynamically display each domain names based on the URL, have all the websites forward to the same webform for domain inquiries.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back