IT.COM

advice A domain I sold for £300 now has an almost $10000 offer

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

alienbaba

Escaped AREA 51Established Member
Impact
So I sold a domain a while back for £300 on Dan.

I assume the buyer didn't change my details as whois request are coming to my email..

Got some emails saying someone was enquiring. Then they made an offer via domain agents and also emailed me directly offering almost $10,000.

I missed the emails as I don't check that email much & just saw today that multiple people had been making offers & I had about 5 emails this month..

I don't own the domain anymore so technically it's the new owner that has these offers but I am receiving the emails. Domain expires in about a month and I am hoping it doesnt get renewed so I can snipe it back and sell to the inquirer..

What would you do in this situation? Reach out to the new owner and try buy it back? Wait till expiry? Inform hot lead that I don't own it anymore? Tell new owner that they can get $10,000 for it?

Actually I can't even contact the new owner as I only have their name not email..

Also has it happened to any of you? Thanks.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
there are so many scenario with domains , sometime the balance tip in your favor,
and sometimes you just need to move forward

there is always a way to contact the owner via the registrar

•••
Such things happen. 3 possibilities come to mind: There was an active lead somewhere, and someone took advantage of it, OR, you sold to a domain investor, OR, its new owner is hoping that you would buy it back for a slightly higher price.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back