Dynadot

domains I Cannot be this lucky...I just can't

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

larryscott2559

Restricted (Market)
Impact
This is a real story that happened just minutes ago. I was just randomly Googling something when I noticed a Twitter account that showed up for that popular keyword. When I clicked on the Twitter account it said "This account doesn't exist". So I decided to mess around and see If I could change my Twitter name to that handle and be already ranked on Google's first page for that keyword.

It WORKED... I had 2 followers before changing my name. minutes after I changed Twitter names 100 people followed me ( and counting) .

Unlike other times I did just post a screenshot.

Who else could get this lucky?! This is just too easy.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-01-07 at 1.47.08 PM.png
    Screenshot 2020-01-07 at 1.47.08 PM.png
    60.6 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Yea I think this happened to you because there was a recent old unused inactive accounts deletion event recently. If you did not access you account for years or months prior to this event they deleted your account. So lucky you I guess?

Edit. So what's the handle?

•••
This is going to be short lived. Im 100% sure its a large company name...and they will definitely contact Twitter to get it back.

•••
This is going to be short lived. Im 100% sure its a large company name...and they will definitely contact Twitter to get it back.

Eehh. Whatever you do DO NOT CONTACT THEM. And try to Sell to them. This goes without saying.

•••
:muted: shhh. Just keep on posting regulary. And don't talk about same niche as the large company.

•••
•••
Just as I suspected they got their name back. Not before giving me 708 followers though.

By the way the Twitter handle I changed to was owned by Google.

•••
Was it YouTube? How’d they get it back? Did you get an error message or was it just swiped?

•••
Was it YouTube? How’d they get it back? Did you get an error message or was it just swiped?

Yes...it was one of YouTube's Twitter accounts. They must've contacted Twitter and being a large company that they are Twitter wasn't going to argue with them. This YouTube account actually changed their name to something better but I guess their followers didn't know so they kept tagging the old account and eventually they switch their name back. It wasn't swiped.

Last edited:
•••
So the followers are still with you?

•••
So the followers are still with you?

Yes...at least for now. Some are even verified accounts though I haven't looked at the full list. I suspect I will lose some followers when I start posting.

•••
Yes...at least for now. Some are even verified accounts though I haven't looked at the full list. I suspect I will lose some followers when I start posting.
Strange I think. I think it is normal for you to lose these followers since you no longer have the handle.

•••
Yeah I don't know how Twitter works. I think your followers stay regardless of name change but I'm not experienced with Twitter so I can't say.

•••
If it was longer perhaps it might have grown to a million followers

•••
They never enforced the inactive accounts deletion because of some concerns of deceased people accounts, their families want them to be as a memory for the children..etc

My guess is that there's something fishy about the account, it could be suspended or deleted due to abuse or not respecting the terms like bot tweets etc..

Anyway Good luck with your new account!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back