Domain Empire

information Heads-up: a lot of Twitter handles are about to to be released!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Are you going to secure social media handles with your domains?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Rob Monster

Founder of EpikTop Member
Epik Founder
Impact
Important heads-up. This news just came out:

https://techcrunch.com/2019/11/26/twitter-will-free-up-handles-by-deleting-inactive-accounts/

There are tremendous number of Twitter handles that are inactive that correlate to domain names that people here likely own. Twitter will start making them available after December 11, 2019.

The announcement from Twitter is vague on timing -- they will drop handles randomly to prevent a land grab. That's fine, but many folks here are logical owners of social handles because you are domain owners.

@Gube is working on adding a monitoring tool to his DropElf.com for allowing folks to be alerted when a Twitter handle they are watching comes available. This should be an easy development.

Here is the essential message:

Domainers can add value to future brand buyers, by staging their inventory properly, and including free social handles. Those social handles can also backlink to landers and promote the domain for sale.

Looking ahead, Epik is looking at introducing a "Digital Brands Marketplace" where people can buy/lease not just domains but also social media assets and hosting assets as an integrated bundle.

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Well that didn't take long! LOL @Rob Monster and others you may find this interesting!

I woke up today to find my StrainHub Twitter has it's first 3 followers!

Of the 3

1 is the Verified Twitter of creagen dow ! The Nickelodeon Star/Actor from TV show Zoey 101

WOW lol just wow! This is h*lla neat! He as 56.9K followers on twitter and apparently is the CEO of an award winning brand "Poke a Bowl " https://twitter.com/CreagenDow

Who would of ever thought a GREAT DOMAIN and a Twitter Handle would lead to a Connection like this!

It is Quite hard and Damn Near Impossible, to get any sort of Famous Celebrity to follow ones personal , Instragm, Twitter, Facebook account. You could 20k followers on insta and still not get one celebrity to follow.

I am just now truly begging realize the power of a brand and it's name. In all honesty, I'd like to make 6 figures in sales.....and KEEP this name and build it out the way vision it, but that will take much needed Cash and Dev help+ Networking.

Happy Thanksgiving!

oh an of the 3 that was 1

the 2nd follow of my account is the CEO of this http://kind.financial/ not posting his name but you can look it up :)

What an Awesome start to a new expermental project

•••
•••
No there is not which is why I asked @Gube to produce a tool that would alert folks when a Twitter comes available. Clearly they are going to be purging handles. They just don't want squatters to notice.

•••
•••
Well that didn't take long! LOL @Rob Monster and others you may find this interesting!

I woke up today to find my StrainHub Twitter has it's first 3 followers!

Of the 3

1 is the Verified Twitter of creagen dow ! The Nickelodeon Star/Actor from TV show Zoey 101

WOW lol just wow! This is h*lla neat! He as 56.9K followers on twitter and apparently is the CEO of an award winning brand "Poke a Bowl " https://twitter.com/CreagenDow

Who would of ever thought a GREAT DOMAIN and a Twitter Handle would lead to a Connection like this!

It is Quite hard and Damn Near Impossible, to get any sort of Famous Celebrity to follow ones personal , Instragm, Twitter, Facebook account. You could 20k followers on insta and still not get one celebrity to follow.

I am just now truly begging realize the power of a brand and it's name. In all honesty, I'd like to make 6 figures in sales.....and KEEP this name and build it out the way vision it, but that will take much needed Cash and Dev help+ Networking.

Happy Thanksgiving!

love it, love it, love it. thats what i wanted hear!

why u think said, imperative to add an avatar!

i didnt want people think you’re a bot,
plus the twitter default avatar is the worst haha
you’d b shooting yourself self-inflicted wounds

Great job! keep us updated!

Samer

Last edited:
•••
Happy Thanksgiving to you too!

Wish you continued success and growth,

Samer

Last edited:
•••
@Gube made it happen - a monitoring tool for Twitter handles at DropElf.com.

upload_2019-11-30_19-6-2.png

Contact @Gube for access. At some point we'll open it to all.

In the meantime, for those with shorter brandable names, definitely wise to look at securing social handles.

•••
@Gube made it happen - a monitoring tool for Twitter handles at DropElf.com.

Show attachment 137571

Contact @Gube for access. At some point we'll open it to all.

In the meantime, for those with shorter brandable names, definitely wise to look at securing social handles.

DM sent. (lol sorry couldn't resist saying this.

As i told Gube, i dont have Twitter but want to protect my brand(s) Really cool, Rob and above all, thanks for making it free.

“DropElf” though... future naming contest? ;)
many competitors have “Drop” in their name;
FreshDrop, DropCatch.. differentiate better
i’m interested in hearing that name’s backstory.

Samer

Last edited:
•••
Again i reiterate, criticizing name, not service. No one has tried this service yet! Sign me up.

u can do better than “DropElf” ;)

Samer

Last edited:
•••
Again i reiterate, criticizing name, not service. No one has tried this service yet! Sign me up.

u can do better than “DropElf” ;)

Samer

We recently acquired the domain NameInvestors.com. Looking at consolidating a number of domainer power tools under one unified brand to creating a go-to dashboard for domainers. Stay tuned.

@Pat8

•••
Great to know, in order to snag handles for your best names. However, separate accounts are currently required with individual email addresses to provide handles for multiple domains. That's gonna be a huge chore for those with even modest portfolios to manage. Additionally, you have the risk of losing some for the very reason they are planning to purge now. Don't be surprised if they change the rules concerning handles, as part of this action.

Last edited:
•••
Great to know, in order to snag handles for your best names. However, separate accounts are currently required with individual email addresses to provide handles for multiple domains. That's gonna be a huge chore for those with even modest portfolios to manage. Additionally, you have the risk of losing some for the very reason they are planning to purge now. Don't be surprised if they change the rules concerning handles, as part of this action.
Some content would need to be posted on these fresh accounts to avoid being banned
It could be anything, like re-tweeting articles in the industry of your domain, posting logos of your name..
You still can delete the tweets later if the new owner doesn't want them, I'm sure there are tools for that too

Gube

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back