IT.COM

HYPHENATED .COM domains are BACK IN FASHION!

NameSilo
Watch

Are you going to be buying more hyphen .COM domains in late 2019?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Rob Monster

Founder of EpikTop Member
Epik Founder
Impact
Just sold sushi-man.com from an Epik SSL lander for $4200. This is one of Epik's O&O domains. I don't normally report sales but these days we are routinely asking for $10K+ for good hyphen .COM names and seeing sincere engagement.

The great gTLD experiment has been run. I now routinely sell even ccTLD registrants are upgrading from their ccTLD to .COM if they can afford it. I was late to acknowledge it but the risk-reward equation for speculators overwhelmingly favors .COM.

When it comes to hyphenated .COM, SEO is your friend. I recommend to use SSL landers but any SEO lander will probably do the trick to drive inquiries.

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Just checked, I have 3 hyphenated domains:

The-Universe.com

The-Cake.com

Capsule-Hotel.com

Review and Comments welcome, thanks! ;)

I like Capsule-Hotel.com the most. Easy to remember. Good for SEO, and descriptive of something that is actually a brand, and one that is logically hyphenated.

The-Cake.com has logical buyers who are candidates for URL shorteners, e.g. TheCakePlay.com. Web search it, and you will see it is obvious.

The-Universe.com is probably just a black hole for renewal funds.

•••
I like Capsule-Hotel.com the most. Easy to remember. Good for SEO, and descriptive of something that is actually a brand, and one that is logically hyphenated.

The-Cake.com has logical buyers who are candidates for URL shorteners, e.g. TheCakePlay.com. Web search it, and you will see it is obvious.

The-Universe.com is probably just a black hole for renewal funds.
Thank you Rob for your expert comments.

To be honest, they are somewhat the same what I had in mind too!

The-Universe.com was listed to be dropped but since it was on Auto-Renew with a Registrar tied-up with my backordering website, I had to have it for one more year. I hope you understand.

Yes I intend to keep Capsule-Hotel.com for few years, not the rest.

Thanks again, Rob!

•••
www. quint-major.com

i.e. a royal straight flush in poker. Twist lol.

•••
I got my A-T-L-A-N-T-A.com and it will look great on a billboard one day!

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
Electric-Truck
Probably the best domain in my portfolio​

•••
•••
•••
hyphenated domains are good alternatives to new gTLDs - more convinced after reading this thread of @AbdulBasit.com : https://www.namepros.com/threads/from-2-888-and-4-400-quote-to-15-888-domain-sale.1170103/ I don't have any hyphen names at the moment - need to find some decent ones.
There are still many but you have to learn what get sold and what not. @AbdulBasit.com is a prominent domainer he knows lots of ins & outs better than many of us.

There is still money in everything but again you have to learn first.

•••
•••
hyphenated domains are good alternatives to new gTLDs - more convinced after reading this thread of @AbdulBasit.com : https://www.namepros.com/threads/from-2-888-and-4-400-quote-to-15-888-domain-sale.1170103/ I don't have any hyphen names at the moment - need to find some decent ones.

Thanks for the mention.
I've rarely found success in hyphenated domains as they're very slow to sell. If you still go with buying hyphen domains, better to stick with top quality 2 words .com domains.

•••
There are still many but you have to learn what get sold and what not. @AbdulBasit.com is a prominent domainer he knows lots of ins & outs better than many of us.

There is still money in everything but again you have to learn first.

Thank you dear :xf.smile:

I'm better at non-hyphenated domains and don't focus much on hyphen domains. Mainly because they're very slow to sell compare to non-hyphenated one's as we all know. So it gets bit tricky to pick which one would sell.

I've seen @wizard making some good number of sales over the years. Also how can one forget @Federer who's master in selling all kind of domains and extensions including hyphenated one's.

•••
I bought Investment-Forum dot com today on NameLiquidate.com.

Guess who was the last registrant? :smuggrin:

•••
Have a list of over 44,000 hyphenated .com names - just gotta wait for the next penny sale :xf.laugh::ROFL::dead:

I only own 3 (I think) and they are not even .com's :xf.eek:

•••
Fast forward to 25th December 2019, he received an email from Afternic saying the domain Digital-Identity.com sold for $15,888 at BIN.

@AbdulBasit.com

congrats

all we need to know :xf.wink:

•••
•••
health/-insurance/ .co
how/-to/-grow/ .com
asset/-finance/ .com

•••
LAND-MARKET.COM
LIFE-MARKET.COM
$15 ea

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back