IT.COM

HYPHENATED .COM domains are BACK IN FASHION!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Are you going to be buying more hyphen .COM domains in late 2019?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Rob Monster

Founder of EpikTop Member
Epik Founder
Impact
Just sold sushi-man.com from an Epik SSL lander for $4200. This is one of Epik's O&O domains. I don't normally report sales but these days we are routinely asking for $10K+ for good hyphen .COM names and seeing sincere engagement.

The great gTLD experiment has been run. I now routinely sell even ccTLD registrants are upgrading from their ccTLD to .COM if they can afford it. I was late to acknowledge it but the risk-reward equation for speculators overwhelmingly favors .COM.

When it comes to hyphenated .COM, SEO is your friend. I recommend to use SSL landers but any SEO lander will probably do the trick to drive inquiries.

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
I own a "premium" hyphenated .com domain name for almost 4 years and I have not received a single offer yet.
I have a minimum offer amount set to $5K to keep away the low ball offers, but it also means I don't receive offers for the domain.
I don't see any change.

It is much more comfortable & logical for an end user to add a word or change the combination of the words instead of buying an hyphenated domain.
If I was in their shoes, I would do the same.
I only have one hyphenated domain in my portfolio for a reason.

I suggest to completely avoid investing in hyphenated domains, unless you come across a great one, like something similar to hotel-reservation.com.
I own open-close.com . sale for 19.5k USD

•••
I have not sold one in a while. I hold two; one is a two worder that is normally hyphenated and the other is a highly brandable two-worder. I would say that having a few hyphenated domains in your portfolio is good, but one needs to be highly selective.

•••
no sold in this year / more web develop

•••
I didn't reg such domains at all

•••
I sold one and it's used as a redirect to the non-hyphen version, lol.
I still have 5 or 6.

•••
Almost forgot about mine toll-free.org, I'll hold it, looks promising.

•••
•••
I still have
A-S-k.com
B-I-D.com

•••
I lost a lot of money on hyphens years ago. I keep away from them now.

•••
Used DropCatch Software and caught this today:

IMG.jpg

Last edited:
•••
•••
I sold Event-Tickets.com recently for x,xxx.

However hyphenated .com sales are few and far between.

They are no more in fashion now than they were when Rob started this thread.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
Off the top of my head, the only hyphenated domain I own at this time is x-clip.com

Bought it for a low 3 figures at an expired auction years ago. Don’t plan on letting it go for less than 5 figures due to its history in the adult entertainment industry.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back