IT.COM

HYPHENATED .COM domains are BACK IN FASHION!

NameSilo
Watch

Are you going to be buying more hyphen .COM domains in late 2019?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Rob Monster

Founder of EpikTop Member
Epik Founder
Impact
Just sold sushi-man.com from an Epik SSL lander for $4200. This is one of Epik's O&O domains. I don't normally report sales but these days we are routinely asking for $10K+ for good hyphen .COM names and seeing sincere engagement.

The great gTLD experiment has been run. I now routinely sell even ccTLD registrants are upgrading from their ccTLD to .COM if they can afford it. I was late to acknowledge it but the risk-reward equation for speculators overwhelmingly favors .COM.

When it comes to hyphenated .COM, SEO is your friend. I recommend to use SSL landers but any SEO lander will probably do the trick to drive inquiries.

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
A few more from @Jonathan Beadle:

mind-match.com
co-publishing.com
sharing-solutions.com
parts-exchange.com

Also, from @Asfas1000:

primary-staffing.com
kosher-travel.com

All hand-reg with decent ROI prospects.

I share these examples not to boast, but to demonstrate that there are hand-reg prospects out there and to invite folks who are bootstrapping to explore this strategy.

Ffor folks who need pointers for setting up SSL landers, @domainexpert77 is standing by.

•••
This is a feel good story.

For reasons that @CodingTheDomain can explain or not, this husband/wife team pushed the domain My-Logistics.com to Epik a few days ago. Earlier today, the domain sold on Afternic for $3,000. We agreed to split the proceeds. Decent hyphen names do sell, and not just at Epik. Providence at work.

•••
This is a feel good story.

For reasons that @CodingTheDomain can explain or not, this husband/wife team pushed the domain My-Logistics.com to Epik a few days ago. Earlier today, the domain sold on Afternic for $3,000. We agreed to split the proceeds. Decent hyphen names do sell, and not just at Epik. Providence at work.

Brilliant 👍🏻

•••
I got some good ones recently...
Electronic-Payment.com
Online-Rentals.com
Vegan-City.com
Smoke-Marijuana.com
Ranch-Dressing.com

•••
I got some good ones recently...
Electronic-Payment.com
Online-Rentals.com
Vegan-City.com
Smoke-Marijuana.com
Ranch-Dressing.com

Electronic-Payment.com seems like the winner from this set. The rest are a bit harder to imagine as straight forward names for a business. Digital payments has lots of room for growth. That one probably ends up paying for the others, with potential for 100X. If you can be patient, I would set Make Offer pricing on Electronic-Payment.com and wait for a $5K. And if you list it on Epik, we'll help you sell it. I would not expect too much action from a Sedo lander.

•••
I have acquired below at Epik recently -

Germany-Airways.com
Accounting-Equation.com
Craft-Breweries.com

•••
•••
Hi All

would like to throw in a word of caution about registering all these hyphenated domains.

sure, there may be some that are worthy, but....
just because they are being hyped here, doesn't mean you have to jump on a wagon that's being driven by the registrar.

some of you never would have contemplated having hyphens in your list,
so to see what's happening now, only means you can be tempted again in the future.

just saying...

imo….

•••
Hi All

would like to throw in a word of caution about registering all these hyphenated domains.

sure, there may be some that are worthy, but....
just because they are being hyped here, doesn't mean you have to jump on a wagon that's being driven by the registrar.

some of you never would have contemplated having hyphens in your list,
so to see what's happening now, only means you can be tempted again in the future.

just saying...

imo….

I agree with @biggie here. When it comes to hyphens: Measure twice. Cut once.

If you don't see multiple obvious buyers for the domain that are already calling themselves some variant of that name, I would skip it even if they sound good.

Some folks are great at name-spinning, but much less good at figuring out the economic case for who would buy it. I would make sure to develop both skills.

As for selling, if you are registering on Epik and using our SSL landers, we'll help you sell, so that part is now a bit more covered than it might otherwise be.

All that said, unless you have the ability to be very patient, I would not register names that sound good but nobody will buy anytime soon.

I would extend the same advice on brandables. The random 5 letter names that lots of folks buy are very often just long-shot lottery tickets. I would advise to check if others combine those letters as you did.

•••
Bought med-services.com today from @bene for a fair wholesale price of $300. It is a 19 year old domain with some logical buyers. Thanks for the deal.

•••
Bought med-services.com today from @bene for a fair wholesale price of $300. It is a 19 year old domain with some logical buyers. Thanks for the deal.
Nice and fast transaction.
Hope to see a huge sale of this name. It is a great and wonderful domain to keep for the right buyer.

Thanks Rob

•••
Registered chef-services.com -- nice suggestion from @iGreen.

•••
Registered chef-services.com -- nice suggestion from @iGreen.
I registered Fantastic-Services.com with Epik... FantasticServices.com sold for $5k in 2013
I also grabbed Digi-Payments, Daily-Marketing, and Virtual-Group.com - almost ready to make another bulk sale ;0)

•••
My grabs (not hand reg)

Equine-Sports/com, 20 year old name.

Canadian-Art/com, 22 year old name.

I'd rather pay slight premium of $5/name to keep the history intact.

•••
If the brand is driving most traffic from social media marketing it makes sense also. Reads fine, the radio test had been replaced by SM. IMHO more credibility than dot anything else when read.

•••
•••
I registered Fantastic-Services.com with Epik... FantasticServices.com sold for $5k in 2013
I also grabbed Digi-Payments, Daily-Marketing, and Virtual-Group.com - almost ready to make another bulk sale ;0)

I think Digi-Payments.com is good. Like anything "Cloud" or "Crypto", it is very hard to find names for "Wallet" or "Payment". You will get offers on that one.

•••
I think Digi-Payments.com is good. Like anything "Cloud" or "Crypto", it is very hard to find names for "Wallet" or "Payment". You will get offers on that one.
I also got Wallet-Services, Digi-Crypto, Electronic-Crypto, and Portable-Chargers .com

•••
Happy-Thanksgiving.com everyone! From Dash-Domains.com

•••
hyphenated dot com portfolio
Red-and-White
Sport-Press
Sport-Stats
The-Healthcare
The-Lifestyle
The-Production
The-Taxi
The-Jewellery (was traffic)
The-Enterprises
The-Cars (estibot value $5,900)
24-7Delivery
Dollar-Club
News-Headlines
To-Get
Party-X
Life-Market
Land-Market

i-professional
3-DD
1-dom
find-money
phone-codes
profit-media
cool-team
best-website
best-vacation (was sold on Sedo before)
online-bitcoin
e-messages
fire-dragon
photo-express (many companies)
night-stars
one-choice (many companies)
app-coin
be-friends
Top-Level-Domains

any domain $1-$10 depends of the name

•••
Congrats good name.
i have City-Clinic.com and Health-Cares/./c/o/m

Last edited:
•••
forgot about Hosting-Companies/.c/o/m it's a bit too long but I love this name will develop it.

Last edited:
•••
Buenos-Dias.com - Spanish Good morning

•••
Web-Cameras.com may be fit for a live chat for XXX industry

•••
WHO'S
Who-s.com - checkout a website
Do you like this dot com? please let me know. I do not sell it just need your opinion.
Thank you.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back