Domain Empire

strategy How to Find Potential End Users?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hi,

Do any of you has regularly sell your domain to end users? If so, do you mind share with me in this thread on how find potential end users for your domain?

Regards,
Sjarief

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Create a new google apps account for the domain you use to send email.

That will give you 5 email IDs for free, use one to send, one to receive replies and one to handle bounces, should be fine.

Takes a little doing, but at least your email will go through, assuming you're using google's smtp.

•••
I think I have fix my problem with my emails going to spam folders so here are a couple of tips for anyone emailing potential buyers and wondering if your emails are going into spam folders.

First off go to ipchicken.com - IPChicken and get your IP, this is the IP you are using through your ISP.
Then go to mxtoolbox.com/SuperTool.aspx - MXToolBox and check to see if your ISP's IP is blacklisted, there is a good chance it is since I found out many ISP's blacklist their own IP's. They do this so you upgrade to their business ISP.

If it is blacklisted you can try using luxsci.com - Luxsci to send through a clean IP. I am trying them and so far my emails that I was sending to my old AOL account that were going to spam are now fine.

When you send an email to an AOL account, in the message source they tag it either Disposition G for General or Disposition S for spam.
My mail was "S" and now they are "G"
AOL is just one way to check to see if your emails are spammy.

So I suggest first check your IP and then go from there.
:)

Just to add, I am using Thunderbird as my email client and so far it works well with Luxsci, just stay way from Webmail, I tried a couple of email clients in Webmail (Roundcube and Squirrel Mail) and my mail still went to spam.

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
just go to search similar domains to your domain and contact their owners and try to sell it.

•••
Quick question:

What is proved to be the most efficient for you at the "FROM" box when the end-user see the e-mail before they open it? Is it full name, Surname, Company name etc?

Thanks.

Good question.
When I get emails from sellers a lot of them put "Domain Inquiry" in the From box, and then the domain name in the subject box.
I dont know how well that works.

Also I am still trying to nail down the proper email template.
I still dont know if it should read more personnel or more business like.
Should it read more like its coming form a friend or coming from a company.
I would be nice if Federer could chime in on this.

•••
I have seen that there is a lot of talking about Federer in this thread, and many who are trying to follow his tactics.
I'm Federer's web developer, and until now we have worked together in over 30 micro websites on the new tactic he is following - Developing the domain in a way that will raise it's value, and then contacting end users.
I also follow this tactic for myself, and even if I don't have so many domains, I can say that it's more profitable.
To me, the main point is to focus on certain buyers, and try to "steal" their potential visitors/customers by targeting in specific keywords and markets, and then work on the SEO of the websites.
Once you see results, you can contact the posible buyers and their competitors; but this time you don't sell them only a domain, but together with it important traffic that they are missing. This way the sale is going to be much more posible - because you sell real stuff, nor air*-; and at higher price - because now we are talking for website sale, not just a domain.

*this is how many people think about domains

•••
To me, the main point is to focus on certain buyers, and try to "steal" their potential visitors/customers by targeting in specific keywords and markets, and then work on the SEO of the websites.
Once you see results, you can contact the posible buyers and their competitors; but this time you don't sell them only a domain, but together with it important traffic that they are missing. This way the sale is going to be much more posible - because you sell real stuff, nor air*-; and at higher price - because now we are talking for website sale, not just a domain.

*this is how many people think about domains

Voila, you just most eloquently summarised exactly how we develop the vast majority of our web properties before considering a sale.

Thanks for sharing this highly valuable insight - this strategy is, in no small part, why generic parking is dying a slow death.

Rob

•••
Thx for sharing.

It would be awesome if you could help us with the question i asked above.

I think you missed his point completely :rolleyes:

•••
I think you missed his point completely :rolleyes:

We got his point, the domains that I have seen Federer sell seem to always be on the same parked page. I never notice a micro site.

So it still would helpful if someone could help us with the questions we asked above.

•••
We got his point, the domains that I have seen Federer sell seem to always be on the same parked page. I never notice a micro site.

So it still would helpful if someone could help us with the questions we asked above.

Now I think you missed my point!

He's Federer's developer and he did not claim in that post that he has a share in Federer's domain flipping business. So those questions need to be asked from Federer himself if you are to get the precise answer.

•••
Now I think you missed my point!

He's Federer's developer and he did not claim in that post that he has a share in Federer's domain flipping business. So those questions need to be asked from Federer himself if you are to get the precise answer.

With all do respect ibidu you didn't fully read kosvam post. He said he also fallows Federer tactics and contacts buyers. We are just asking what do they say when they contact potential buyers and how do they address their emails.
kosvam
Developing the domain in a way that will raise it's value, and then contacting end users.
I also follow this tactic for myself, and even if I don't have so many domains, I can say that it's more profitable.

•••
I have a question to all of you: why do think that Federer or anybody else should tell you EVERYTHING in DETAIL they do ? In which other business do you get all information 100% in detail needed to make money from the Pros of that business? Who is stupid enough to create competition in his EXACT niche? Who would give you all details of his customers?

Here you have about 95% of information needed to make money.
There is no other business where you can find online so much information.
The 5% is YOUR JOB to find out. Don't ask people to give an EXACT COPY of everything they found out during many years of hard work and experience.

YOU should try out yourself. You can not do exactly what others do and have success. You always have to find your niche and YOUR way.
Make you own letter, try out, change it, eventually you will succeed.

•••
Yes, I did read what you read.

If you're going to be pedantic which I was. To me "selling just a domain name" is different from selling a developed site and I still don't think a developer would sell just a domain name and wording of the 2 differnt offers should definitely be different if it's done properly.

Personally, I don't even think it is the wording of Federer's emails which is getting the results. In fact, I would never use it myself and never have done. I keep changing my emails according to whom I am trying to contact. For instance if it was a big domainer or a blogger whom I have heard of, I would just use their first name in the email and use a more casual language.

In fact the shorter and more concise your first emails the better I would say.

•••
1) I am not yelling
2) I didn't say that its not about sharing. This is a forum , of course we are here to share. I learned a lot myself in forums. And shared a lot.
3) All i say is that you can't expect people to share everything, up to the exact copy of their letters, etc. If someone likes to share everything, fine, thats cool, but i had the feeling that some people expect this and don't want to do anything theirselves. Just easy money. Maybe i misunderstood

•••
As a matter of fact talking about Federer, he has shared everything possible:

1- He has shown his emails
2- He's said how to find possible buyers
3- He's said where he buys his domains from
4- There's nothing else to show except put the hours in and experiment those 3 item above until you become as good as him or even better after which you may even come up with findings that could even help the likes of Federer.

•••
You are lucky that there is someone like Luc sharing all this with you guys, it's rude to keep asking for more when all the info is already there. If you read this thread from front to back and can't make at least low $x.xxx a month with enduser flipping you are either lazy or dumb.

Keep in mind that there are quite a few guys like Federer on this board that can't be bothered to share their success stories and raking big numbers monthly without telling.

I have personally done the whole enduser game for quite a while on and off (not much lately) and made probably 50+ sales ranging from low $xxx to low $xx.xxx with that simple process: buy/own/develop a domain that is of use to a product/buyers market with money - find targeted enduser leads - send emails/make calls - close the deal.

It's a simple number game (more mails - more sales!) but you need to GSD (Get Shit Done) and use your brain oh yeah and it does involve quite a bit of time (if done properly, the most/best sales come from manual research still, unfortunately) and it does involve frustration (quite a bit at times) and it does involve nasty replies (one out of 500 or so) and it does involve panicky moments when you are on a bad streak for more then 1-2 weeks and need to pay the bills.

There are easier/better ways to earn online but this one here is a proven system that worked when the thread was started and still works today, lol...

Good Luck :)

•••
I use my full name (First Last) in the "From" field. In my opinion it's probably less likely to be seen as spam, but to be fair I haven't tested alternatives. I guess the "best solution" might vary from case to case, depending on (a) your name and (b) your company name.

Toni said:
GSD (Get Shit Done)
GSD... I like it. :)

Last edited:
•••
What nice that I have to reply in deleted posts...
My personal opinion is that the receiver should understand from the 1st moment why you are contacting him about. Your goal is not to attract as many as you can with a catchy subject/sender name, but not to be missed by those who are interesting in the domain. Also, an unknown surname doesn't say anything.

There is a lot of information in this forum and around the web, however don't expect to make easy money just by copying one tactic. What makes a salesperson good, is the experience.

Maybe something that I didn't make clear before is that most of the times I develop domains, not for selling them as websites, but for raising their value. Even if it sounds weird, a website may hold your sale.
For instanse, if I have one website which is selling pizzas, why would I like to buy another website which is selling pizzas, too? Or why to buy a cooking portal, when I can place my ads there via AdSense or list my compnay? On the other hand, I would pay gold the domain which is coming first in results for the term "pizza" or that has 4000 real facebook fans in my area, and would save me money from advertising.
So in every case, as seller, you have to do an individual research. Check who are the potential buyers, find out what would work and what wouldn't. Should you build a microsite for a period in order to drive traffic to your domain, or a complete site would be better. Does it worth it at all? e.t.c.

There are many factors that you have to consider and MANY MANY things to learn before making your first good sale. Unfortunately I can't share everything, because that would been disrespectful to my customers. However I'm willing to help for the first steps.

•••
Thx Kosvam.

Sorry for the deleted posts but I don't want people to missunderstand me like it happened and it's better to observe than to post in this thread.
I know and think about every detail you mentioned, i'm probably not that good at GSD as Toni said as I am not a pro(yet) in domaining.

•••
Thx Kosvam.

Sorry for the deleted posts but I don't want people to missunderstand me like it happened and it's better to observe than to post in this thread.
I know and think about every detail you mentioned, i'm probably not that good at GSD as Toni said as I am not a pro(yet) in domaining.

90% of us aren't pro's and even the so called "pros" have to keep constantly learning to stay on their game.

GSD is in my opinion the biggest hurdle that most have to defeat to be successful.

•••
GSD is in my opinion the biggest hurdle that most have to defeat to be successful.

Turn that GSD into this GSD=Good Selling Domains ...and voila..!

•••
I have to say I am a little surprised how some people seem to make a big deal over just asking for some advice.

When someone ask some advice like "What do you put in a From box and how do you address you emails" you dont expect a lecture.

I dont expect people to give away their trade secrets if they dont want to, if they want to offer advice then great, if not then oh well.

It just shouldn't get this serious, even if a question has been asked before.

Last edited:
•••
All the questions related to this topic have already been answered in the thread, some multiple times as well.

It's all a question of going back and reading through the thread, which a lot of people don't want to do.

If you don't put in the effort, how will you learn?

•••
All the questions related to this topic have already been answered in the thread, some multiple times as well.

It's all a question of going back and reading through the thread, which a lot of people don't want to do.

If you don't put in the effort, how will you learn?

So then you are saying there is Nothing more to add to this thread?
This thread is complete?
Then I guess this thread should be archived.

Sorry but not all questions have been asked, there will always be more question from someone.
That was a bad statement for you to make.

Just because a question has been answered by one person doesn't mean we dont like to hear Other answers from other people. Someone just may come up with better mouse trap. And we may not know if we dont ask....again.

There never really is just ONE answer. That is what Advice is, its someones opinion on how to do it, and one persons advice may differ from another person advice.

Like I said, if a question has been asked before then so what, the next time it is asked you may get a better reply.

Just remember the internet will never run out of room.

Last edited:
•••
No, what I'm saying is that instead of asking the same questions that have been answered, multiple times, in the thread, people should make the effort and go and read it in entirety.

Everyone wants to be spoon fed and this isn't kindergarten, it's a business forum.

I agree that there will be always something new, but let's not rehash everything a few hundred times because some people can't make the effort to learn on their own.

•••
No, what I'm saying is that instead of asking the same questions that have been answered, multiple times, in the thread, people should make the effort and go and read it in entirety.

Everyone wants to be spoon fed and this isn't kindergarten, it's a business forum.

I agree that there will be always something new, but let's not rehash everything a few hundred times because some people can't make the effort to learn on their own.

Seriously, has any one question been ask a few hundred times in this thread?

No.

Regardless of any question being asked again, it is so much easier and less time to just either ignoring the question or give some advice then to make a big deal about another question being asked again and again. :imho:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back